1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Role Playing Game] Memento Mori

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Talavaj, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    On models, indeed. I'm using the alpha tile on pretty much the entire map with walkable destructibles for terrain.
    Thank you for your feedback !

I'd like to finally change the OP shortly, and also explain the current status on the main game there in more detail, same goes for Vanitas (the multiplayer spin-off) which has been in concept work only for the most time now.

I'm especially interested in your feedback for that one.
    I'm planning for much bigger community involvement for Vanitas (as in much more open beta) and possibly invite extra people who would be interested in helping working on it while I focus on MM.

As for now, off to bed !

2. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    That sounds great. Btw how's the current progress of MM?

3. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Not amazingly well, a big chunk of progress was lost and lately I put focus on Vanitas and S&S pack so I can put out what has been sitting on my hard drive for quite some time now.
    It is likely you will see the multiplayer footage earlier than the main "game" or it may turn out to not be the case, we will see !

4. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Just saw this one, looks great! Good Luck to you!

5. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Then I'll wait for it. Good luck Talavaj!

6. raphaelnato123

raphaelnato123

Resources:
    Resources:
    This looks Epic! I love survival maps :D

7. Mark Mocher

Mark Mocher

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fantastic map, i wait for map aboute year, realy cool.

8. fr14nd1

fr14nd1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just to keep this thread running :)
    Any new updates?

9. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    None unfortunately, the project is on hold.
    It is a big time commitment that I simply can't afford right now.
    As such I'm cutting back on my wc3 involvement limiting it down to my stone & sword project for now, I figure it may be better to work on something others can use while I can't fully concentrate on this project.
    I will resume the development in summer possibly, I won't rule out possible updates but you shouldn't expect much substantial stuff until then.

I may announce a second project in the Lost in the light series by then, I'm sure people will call me out on this (why start a new project when this one is not finished yadda yadda) but given it is very simple, whimsical and expects some community involvement I hope people will get over it ;)
    That is about it for now, thank you for your continued support !

10. savinguptobebroke

savinguptobebroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool just make your new project a little bit smaller as not to tale several years to finish :p
    Something small so you can finish it.

11. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The second project is very simple yes, it will most likely be in open beta when the thread goes up and shape according to community feedback.
    That being said it is completely different so we will see if anybody will actually like it lol.

12. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    As long as you finish Memento Mori, I'll be happy. I'm still looking forward to it.

13. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I guess memento mori will be abandoned like 99.99% of huge promising projects out there..
    (Pessimist is never disappointed :p)

14. Gekigengar

Gekigengar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    :/

do not jinx it xD

15. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Heh, no need to worry about that. The mod is still perfectly healthy, I just don't have enough time to work on it right now.
    I'll resume once all my currently planned updates for s&s are done.

The only thing to possibly worry about ! is whether you will like the new direction.
    A lot of information from OP is now obsolete, the interface is completely different, uses mouse + qwerty instead because mouse + arrow keys + keyboard controlled like an ass.
    There is much lower emphasis on story and much higher on gameplay, sandboxiness and replayability.
    The original 1:1 LA idea was scrapped and I replaced it with randomly generated level design.
    New inspirations, new ideas, and more new stuff that I forgot :p

16. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Awesome. More inspiration to you then:)

17. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Suspicious... :S

What will you do with that LA level then? :((

18. chilla_killa

chilla_killa

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Seriously, this whole project is a lie! Did anyone really believe this will really be a map? The author may be a talented modeller, but did you guys ever see anything else than some extraordinary graphics/modelling stuff?

Never did he show any footage or ingame stuff. Why? Because there never was this map.
    He always worked on technicall stuff, but instead of starting with making a basic alpha build he kept on thinking of new and new fancier graphic stuff, only showing us screens from the modelling program...

Talavaj realised very fastly that he can't make this map, but he kept bribing you with his shiny arts and well written texts and stories and excuses.

I even don't believe in the notebook theft story. Seriously, this is a shame.

So far to my opinion
    Greets chilla_killa

19. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'd say your bashing on him is necessary! Yes he showed us a lot of graphical and technical features but if you think it's that easy to make a "map" and finish it in a shorter time at his level then you are badly mistaken!!! Keep in mind that he is only one guy also you are even more wrong about the gameplay, because he did show it work in game and in video footage even. I suggest you read this thread form page one!

20. RandomPogi

RandomPogi

Resources:
    Resources:

Read the entire thread, bro.

He did show some testing ingame. He showed Cloth Physics on YouTube, and some shader testing ingame.