1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Melee Mapping Contest #3 - 4 vs 4

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Mr.Henci, Dec 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Restor

Restor

Resources:
    Resources:
    It is saying no melee map because of the name of the Melee Initialization trigger. It is in czech, but if you change it to english, it will again say that it is normal melee map.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Basically what @Ragnaros17 wrote. If your map's status is not melee then you have to select the latest melee patch option. If the editor considers it melee, just leave the default melee patch. You can verify this by testing the map and looking at the tavern heroes. If all of them are there, then you don't have to choose the latest melee option.

3. Knecht

Knecht

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Ragnaros17 @deepstrasz

Well, to me it shows all heroes in tavern and everything as normal melee, however as @Restor pointed out it might not show it as melee in other versions. I've never used impports or edited data in my melee maps so that is that.
    I guess going Melee latest patch is the safe way to go, huh.

4. Restor

Restor

Resources:
    Resources:
    that's the same issue with other language versions of WE as well. Some maps here are made in french and it too shows that it is no melee map

5. JaleVeliki

JaleVeliki

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    In normal English version, if map status message says: melee map: yes, it will automatically put all tavern heroes (default - based on last patch)
    If you change to: Melee (latest patch) it will change the status to melee map: no.

6. W3Sour

W3Sour

Resources:
    Resources:
    The goal for me at least is to try get a few of these onto the 4v4 ladder, like we managed to do with Northern Isles, Swamped Temple, Synergy etc. So even if you guys havent finished ur map until the deadline it would be nice if you could finish / touch them up after the contest has finished if needed

I'm wanting to present to Blizzard some community 4v4 maps that are of a high quality.

7. JaleVeliki

JaleVeliki

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It will be of highest quality by the extended deadline, with requested changes to be updated asap.

8. XanderD

XanderD

Resources:
    Resources:
    Same issue here. I did change to "latest patch" and it says "melee map: No". Of course I can change that back if necessary.

9. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks. The posibility that a Hiveworkshop map like Swamped Temple of @Anomines from the first melee contest may reach Blizzard is an ideal goal to all the Hiveworkshop itself.
    This site has tutorials, has maps with raitings, with reviews, maps are updated for improve, and now these 3 contest polish a lot the mappers.
    A lot of important melee info is in this site.

And now we can say this contest has its Elite Four mappers (Elite Four - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia) @Knecht @mafe ; @Arrr and @JaleVeliki winners and badge users of the last 2 melee contest.

we need nick names
    Admiral Knecht (because of his boat map)
    mafe the Wise ( if I have a melee question, he is the first I send a pm and because of his melee tutorial)
    Arrr Green Hunter (because his 2 melee maps for contest were forest theme).
    JaleVeliki The White Mage (because his entry for the 2nd melee contest was white magic ruins).

From what I saw maps are having great quality, or at least you can see layouts that were designed to focus on the gameplay itself.

I don´t know if I already said that, but I saw your layout, the corners use (the goldmines in the corners), and I got imppresed.
    Also your square method is great, I am much more messy with stuff like that.

if your editor is english, default option melee map yes all ok, the problem comes if you are using a chinese or rusian or whatever languaje of the editor not english, when english users with english editor open your rusian made map, it may won´t detect it as melee map yes. so incomplete tavern heroes when play (no tinker, no alchemist, no firelord).

melee last patch makes you shure , no matter what , all tavern heroes will be there, but it sets to melee map no and yellow cog I think. Since I always changed the doodads colors and size for custom suff, I always had to put melee last patch, only this time that I did all preset, I leave it in default.

Sorry if I talk to much, I decided to not look my map anymore ( tired of check the creeps and the waygates 10 times and check if all is ok),

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Speak for yourself. This site was mostly intended for custom maps and material, modding etc.
    That is a bonus, an achievement actually but not the intended one. Correct me if I'm wrong.

11. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Resources:
    My point was that a if Hiveworkshop map is set as melee map in Blizzard ladder is a great goal for the site.
    People will say Swamped temple, oh yeah, that map came from Hiveworkshop, and it will be said in all the world.

Of course it also important the custom maps, models, icons, but there are also nice categories for that like the great altered melee or new custom races. My post was just some ideal positive talk nothing to be deep.
    (Also I said that because reach Blizzard is not easy task at all).

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Technically it came from Anomines :p
    It is so because Blizzard is the one that doesn't want to be reached most times. Now, there is interest.

13. DuckDuckGoose

DuckDuckGoose

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Submission: Taken City
    Taken City

Here is my submission. I still need to write a bigger description and take photos. I might upload an updated version before the extension ends, if that's allowed.

Had a lot of fun making it so I'll definitely continue making maps.

Attached Files:

14. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Resources:
    you can update anytime before and after, but when times out of the contest, the map is downloaded and put on a zipfile,
    you can update for other reasons to increase quality and share it on discord or whatever but the map downloaded at time 0 of the contest timer is the map judged in the contest.

great that you had fun, thats the idea.

Edit: all is going on wheels guys, only 4 entries remain to be presented.

15. Arrr

Arrr

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sooo.. has the deadline actually been delayed or?
    In the main post it still says 12th

16. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Resources:
  17. JaleVeliki

JaleVeliki

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Deadline delayed for 1 day: 13.1.2019. Sunday 23:59 London Time
    @Arrr

EDIT: The timer! So good!

18. XanderD

XanderD

Resources:
    Resources:
    I changed it now to default and I still got all eight tavern heroes. And I also put my map description in the Upload-Thread:
    Golden Oases

19. Mr.Henci

Mr.Henci

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry about that, will fix soon.

20. Khaldaiel

Khaldaiel

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ok, i'm not sure I understand anymore...

My editor says my map is a melee map and I have all the tavern heroes. Is it valid as a contest entry or do I have to do something special to put my editor/map in english (with a certain patch ?) and be sure it will work for the other users ? (and if I have to do such a thing, can anyone explain how to do this ? :eek:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.