1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Melee Mapping Contest #2 - Poll

Discussion in 'Poll Depository' started by Mr.Henci, Sep 23, 2018.

?

Cast your vote up to 5 entries:

Poll closed Oct 8, 2018.
  1. Torn World - by Remixer

13.6%
  2. Logging Camp - by Knecht

19.7%
  3. Mars Lighthouse - by Ragnaros17

24.2%
  4. Glowing Doom - by Erkan

16.7%
  5. Silverwind Clearing - by Mr.Henci

24.2%
  6. Brightwater Oasis - by mafe

12.1%
  7. Avoj v1.0 - by Arrr

24.2%
  8. (2)Flooded Waters - by The Panda

10.6%
  9. Ryukyu - by RFWH

6.1%
  10. Bloodmyst Quarry v1.1 - by Ascrelle

10.6%
  11. Aetherium - by Blood Raven

45.5%
  12. Ocean Beyond - by Prince Yaser

12.1%
  13. The screaming river - by Twilight

21.2%
  14. Aridity - by Rufus

16.7%
  15. Forgotten straits - by Avahor

7.6%
  16. Aesopian Waterway - by foje tit

7.6%
  17. Desert's Edge - by Rockstar356

12.1%
  18. Ruins of Azshara - by JaleVeliki

24.2%
  19. TheCursedSalesman - by Isaak

13.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SadisticLeprechaun

SadisticLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just downloaded the lot, now to play 19 games!

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    avoj - Wiktionary
    emersion

3. foje tit

foje tit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Every maps name is not a nonsense for me some of them convey deeper meaning concerning the map or the author itself

4. Arrr

Arrr

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ahahahah well to be honest I chose Avoj just because it sounded good with the idea I had for the map, didn't really think about a meaning -
    - the name or the way it sounds carries the map theme for me, so I chose a name based on what kind of map I want to achieve //

@JSRGN next map will have a proper name I promise - or maybe will make you choose it if you want!

5. JSRGN

JSRGN

Resources:
    Resources:
    The map's got a fair bit of a bandit/pirate/South Seas theme, and is clearly on an island. I'd propose the name 'Bloodsail Peninsula', for example - a remote base for bloodsail pirates somewhere in the south seas.

6. Blood Raven

Blood Raven

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nah, Avoj is pretty unique. After all who would name their map after the plural of "grandfather"... in latin :D

7. foje tit

foje tit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I thought it was a subdivision of currency

8. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Resources:
  9. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    At this point it seems like it would be beneficial to write a vB Code addon that locks specific users out of voting for specific poll options. ^^

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's just how people are, selfish.

11. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    My votes and places are:
    1. Silverwind Clearing
    2. Avoj
    3. Aridity

Actually "Avoj" is a close second and the third (Aridity) is a bit more off.

The Silverwind Clearing is totally awesome and I can definitely see it becoming a standard melee map.
    Avoj has a few weak spots but its a great map all together and deserves my vote as well.
    Aridity is probably not a map that I would play right now but the concept is good enough and I believe that with a bit more work it can turn into something special.

Thanks to everyone who participated!

12. SadisticLeprechaun

SadisticLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    WOW just looking at them all in the editor gave me so many ideas . . . crazy art talent in many of the maps. I played through 3 or the best looking ones in the editor, well... ones with amazing doodad placement and creative implementation of models, etc.

Although I have to play through my finalist list, Glowing Doom and Aetherium were iNsAnO awesomesauce to play.

13. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That would be easier for us, yes haha... don't know about how hard it would be to write that, though.

@RFWH we can't vote for ourselves because of the contest rules. That specific vote won't be considered in results calculation. Instead of being banned you will receive a malus (small subtraction of points) at the end.

14. JSRGN

JSRGN

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Anachron - Silverwind Clearing looks like it would be a fine melee map. The only mark against it is that it's kinda generic: it feels like it could have been a map back in RoC back in 2000. It'd be a good map, but there's nothing about it that really stands out, whereas many of these other maps present actual twists on the normal 1v1 formula.

15. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would like to say that is nice to read everyone opinion. All opinions are very good if they are explained with an honest intention.

Is nice the talking, debating, sharing opinions, also we have to fill time till the 8 of october XD, so please continue.

About the competitive aspect, well that aspect will be judged by knoledge of the judges.

The knoledge can be gained by tutorials, videos of competitive gameplays, and experience.

Since this is a public poll everybody can vote any map with any criteria.

Is good to see that people likes diferents maps. I have to say that mapping is quite fun, like arming a puzzle of many pieces.

the sumary of the maps that I did, is on page two, I hope everybody likes it,
    if somebody couldn´t see it well here I put a link to that post.

Melee Mapping Contest #2 - Poll

16. foje tit

foje tit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah this contest give me so much fun, I joined this contest and tried to make a map it was fun though making the whole map even it haven't met my expectations. And playing all the entries gave me much fun it's been a long time since I last enjoyed playing Melee maps.(I played with only AI though )But the fun that it given to me was unique it's not the typical fun we experience everyday it is something that can make me smile beyond those realistic consequences. Arigatō, kōun

17. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am still not shure, I voted for the top five in no particular order.

Avoj
    Brightwater Oasis
    Logging camp
    Ruins of Azshara
    Silverwing Clearing

but the others maps are just great, again is really, really hard to define between so many excellents maps.

good luck everybody

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  18. Leplath_M

Leplath_M

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just downloaded all the maps, i'm going to test it later. sleepyy

19. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So it hasnt been easy, in a positive sense, to come up with the maps to vote for. In the end, I went with (in no particular order)
    Logging Camp
    Silverwind Clearing
    Bloodmyst Quarry
    Deserts Edge
    Ruins of Azshara.
    These are just maps where I think that have put balance first, and got it right. I could say the same about Torn World and Avoj, but in the end I only had 5 votes so some maps had to be left out.

20. Zordrak

Zordrak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am pretty sure that your map is the winner (i also voted for you). I'm impressed about everything in your map and i was firstly wondering how you made these diagonal cliffs and then i found out that you've imported special models that cause it. Also the method to make the abyss tile to Dalaran sky was very interesting. If you put some beautiful statues into the middle part and continue the building there a bit more it will be icecream on the cake. Here you can find some good statues:
    Wc3C.net - Warcraft III modding, models, art, spells and code!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.