• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Melee Mapping Contest #2 - 1 vs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
If anyone wants me to review their map let me know. I have left a couple of reviews on the entries so far, I worked with the Judge of the contest on some of her maps too, like Synergy which is in the mappool :D Happy to help anyone balance and improve their map

Level 29
all right my friends,

Melee Mapping Contest #2 ends in:

this is it, the last minutes of the contest, if someone wants to update is now or never

the story is this: when that clock reachs 0, Mr.Henci will download all the maps, put them in a zip and send it to the judge,

after that any update won´t be considered in the contest, you can update the map tomorrow or later if you for other reasons like you want host it in a tournament or other sites, but the version that Mr.Henci downloads, thats the final entry for the contest.

so well it is a great contest, 19 maps!! all with high quality, everyone has it special touch.

in the not that good news, but needs to be say:

I tried to contact @vara; @nightelfbuilder and @modmoto by vm during this week and by pm yesterday, and no response, they are not having activity since last week, so unless they show up now with all finished (wich at this moment I see with very low chance) the course of action is this:

The contest shall begin on August 22 and conclude on September 22, 23:59 GMT

You must submit your entry before the deadline.

Breaking any of these rules may lead to punishment in the judgement score, up to disqualification from the contest, depending on the weight of the issue. In case of doubts towards a certain rule you are very encouraged to discuss it in the contest thread so others and judges may help with sorting it out.

there is a chance that the users in question may show up with important explanations (health problems, work, others things).

I think a participant should not decide the fate of other participant. Because is unfair, equality means that nobody has power over anybody as participants.

To avoid a large discusion, and even votation: that maybe some participants will prefer a reduction in the score (like me) or others may prefer a disqualification.

I think the fast, easy and neutral action is that the mod of this contest @Naze decide the fate of these 3 users.

Also he is the one with authority to apply the rules to the participants.

When the clock reach 0, I/Mr.Henci will inform and give this task to Naze, and the contest shall continue with the 19 maps uploaded.

and more good news, the contest was so good that Mr.Henci and I are already talking in having one in december-january , thinking that in holidays people can have more time, so we can have more maps!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
The Melee Mapping Contest #2 has officially ended! Thanks everyone for participating and good luck to all contestants. Poll should be up tomorrow.

I have found a BUG? with one of the maps from the HiveWorkshopMeleeMappingContest#2 zip file.

After opening the map (2) Glowing Doom in the World Editor, it says some assets couldn't be loaded and for the remainder of the session, it "corrupts" / changes some doodads and textures on other maps you open.

Example of what happened on my map: https://i.imgur.com/6hrksny.jpg
Every single "Fall Tree Wall" changed into some dark green-ish tree
and "Village Fall - Dark Grass" texture changed into a much darker green-ish grass

The ''bug'' can be removed by simply restarting the world editor and opening desired map again and everything works as intended.

Can someone else check if this happens to you as well? Hopefully this gets addressed.

This has been clarified - all is good :D

Last edited:
Level 29
I have found a BUG? with one of the maps from the HiveWorkshopMeleeMappingContest#2 zip file.

After opening the map (2) Glowing Doom in the World Editor, it says some assets couldn't be loaded and for the remainder of the session, it "corrupts" / changes some doodads and textures on other maps you open.

Example of what happened on my map: https://i.imgur.com/6hrksny.jpg
Every single "Fall Tree Wall" changed into some dark green-ish tree
and "Village Fall - Dark Grass" texture changed into a much darker green-ish grass

The bug can be removed by simply restarting the world editor and opening desired map again and everything works as intended.

Can someone else check if this happens to you as well? Hopefully this gets addressed.

I have no idea who to tag here so I'll just tag some active users: @Mr.Henci @Ragnaros17 @mafe @W3Sour@Naze

I download and saw that map with the editor when it was uploaded gonna check...

Level 7
@JaleVeliki It's a thing that happens when a map use custom textures and you open another map who contain the same texture/tiles than the previous map. Example: In Glowing doom the LordaeronFall tileset and tree were using custom textures. When you open your map, who also use the lordaeronFall tilseset (non edited) the editor seem to keep the new texture. It's weird, but as you said restarting the editor seem to set things back to normal. Opening a lot of maps with custom textures give funny results sometimes

Level 29
I download and saw that map with the editor when it was uploaded gonna check...
@JaleVeliki It's a thing that happens when a map use custom textures and you open another map who contain the same texture/tiles than the previous map. Example: In Glowing doom the LordaeronFall tileset and tree were using custom textures. When you open your map, who also use the lordaeronFall tilseset (non edited) the editor seem to keep the new texture. It's weird, but as you said restarting the editor seem to set things back to normal. Opening a lot of maps with custom textures give funny results sometimes
@Erkan
Thank you for the clarification.

I open the map with an old editor 1.26 v , no problems. works perfect

Level 29
So yes the contest has ended, and a deadline wasn't requested.

We're working on the poll thread and it should be out in the following days. Stay tuned!

great new!!

while the wait, I am gonna entertain the public with wc3 jokes:

-how many taurens does it take to eat a burrito? two, hahahaha

-how many taurens does it take to drive to New York...

-while I was playing the human campaing of ROC, chapter 7, I went to creep level 9 wendigo with resurrection and two wendingos level 4
so a level 17 creep camp.

the reward was , the orc gauntlets + 3 strengh, no joke really loot that!!!, that was the worst drop in the history!!! a permanent level 1 for a creep camp level 17 with a level 9 creep with resurrection and stomp

-Jaina and Arthas are in a tavern of Andorhal. Jaina had a vision of the future.
Arthas asked about his vision, she responded:

Jaina: in 15 years I am gonna look like Frozen Elsa and make a ship float to bombard Lordaeron.
Arthas: I was there?
Jaina:mmm no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.