• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Melee(ladder) Hero Contest (Neutral) [#1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Melee Hero Contest #1

Hi all and welcome. I want u guys to introduce u to my first contest which should be also a challenge for some people. The idea is to create a completely new hero, so it could be added in Warcraft 3 itself, in the tavern.

Rules

> The hero should not have a model of already existing heroes used in melee games. (ALSO NO SKINS)
> You may use all kind of custom models, but be sure all models together are below 3 mb. (CREDIT the creator, if not u can be disqualified)
> The hero should have 3 spells and one ultimate.
> DO not use spells that already exists. (Example : editing storm bolt and using it)
> Only use the original world editor, NO WEU.
> Jugdes can join this, but can NOT jugde theirself. (If accepted, I will add a way to become jugde)
> GUI and JASS is allowed.
> All of your spells do not have to be Multi-instancible. But IF it would be Multi-instancible, u will enjoy from a higher score.
> Already created/used heroes will also NOT be accepted.
> The usage of spells from other maps will disqualified u.

- Public poll
-> Each vote on your hero grants you +4 extra point. (do NOT ask others to vote on your hero, we will ask them for a good reason to vote. When abuse is deteced you will be disqualified)
- Spells
-> Each spell is worth 5 to 50 points.
* Each MUI spell is worth 5 extra points.
* Spells have to be adjusted to your hero. Example : a paladin with
dark magic is impossible. Your idea will grant points between 5 and 20.
- Triggers
-> Each MUI spell is worth 5 extra points (linked to spells)
-> Triggers have to be leak-free. each leak decreases your points by -1.
- Idea
-> Does your hero fit to your spells, is your hero's model okay, is your hero balanced, .. Your idea grants points from 1 to 100.
- Game
-> Does your Hero fits in the game? Since this is the goal of the contest, it will grant you points between 10 and 200 which can cause in this way the most points.

Jugdes
When this contest can be launched then more information will follow.

Prizes
There will be three prizes, means three places.
First place : #Fanatic
Second place : #Extremist
Thirth place : #Believer
---------------------------
> Fanatic
-- Receives an image created by me that shows the first place and the win. Will receive .(50). reputation. (Needs to be discussed with an admin)

> Extremist
-- Receives an image created by me that shows the second place from the contest. Will receive .(25). reputation. (Needs to be discussed with an admin)

> Believer
-- Receives an image created by me that shows the tirth place from the contest. Will receive .(10). reputation. (Needs to be discussed with an admin)

Deadline
The deadline shall be placed at : 1 March 2007

All good luck with it, and have some fun if this one will be submitted.

~- Fl4meS

Last edited:
Level 14
without gamecache system you can forget about multiinstanceable jass...

hmm no object edited abilities? Maybe rename it to Hero Contest not Melee one, because melee heroes have BASIC abilities. Melee heroes have no stuff like knockback, throw, slow... they just have raw damage and heals, sometimes stuns :<

Level 15
I like the idea of custom models, in the hero contest in WC3C some heroes just don't look good only for using a bad model, and it does count in the winner decision :p

Other suggestion that I have is the usage of a standard test map. It can be a melee map or one with multiple tilesets to see how the hero looks inside them.

Level 14
That's not necessary true, all the spells that I made are CSCache free and they are 100% MUI. You will need CSCache if you use timers or special features in general, but many JASSers get addicted to CSCache and they use it for everything.

sure, I was generalising the thing, I was thinking about timers of course. Sure you can have mui in jass with locals but you can't use local triggers / timers then

Status
Not open for further replies.