• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Megafyr's Terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Actually, those are other rocks... If I remember right, it's called the über rocks. Don't have them on this computer, but I might be able to upload them tomorrow, when I'm on my desktop. Anyway, those rocks from the high res pack looks better, and are about the same easy to use, just tint it a little blueish for the icy effect, and you're ready to go!

Level 19
Those tree's in pre-cataclysm... Is that world tree with a different texture?
Very nice galary btw.
I like many of your terrains but especially the 3 last ones.

Level 2
I'll take the opportunity ask and you guys something: can I change the angle of the doodads? If so, how? (Not the size, the angle). Thank you

Last edited:
Level 2
Hold down ctrl while the doodad is selected, then click the desired facing angle with your mouse. Dont remember if its right or left, but you'll figure that out yourself :p

Thanks... Thanks... but I mean the angle (not facing angle), get it? Like this: the doodad: " I ", now... I changed the angle: " / "... Lol... ok?

Level 2
Maximum pitch angle in object editor....
And the value above or under it, not sure... :)

Yes, your right (I guess). I cannot set it negative, but, luckly, I know that if you press SHIFT before changing the value you can do it. Thank you :) helped my alot.

Level 22
Congratz you are jesus XD. 10\10 Terrains.

Btw where did you get the models from the Steam Punk ojj picture I'm working on a map with that sort of theme so having them would help... Like the marine standing on the building, and the shuttle etc.

Last edited:
Level 19
Those tree's in pre-cataclysm... Is that world tree with a different texture?
Very nice galary btw.
I like many of your terrains but especially the 3 last ones.

It's found in one of the high res packs here: http://www.wc3c.net/resources.php?f=638, really not sure which one D:

Congratz you are jesus XD. 10\10 Terrains.

Btw where did you get the models from the Steam Punk ojj picture I'm working on a map with that sort of theme so having them would help... Like the marine standing on the building, and the shuttle etc.

Hmm... I wish I had the memory of Sheldon Cooper! They are all found somewhere here in the model section on the hiveworkshop. You just gotta find em :D

Level 22
I'm pretty sure the only model from "Steam Punk Ojj" is the shuttle... A few of those models are exclusive to Wc3c.

I believe the shuttle is made by Anarchianbedlam.

I'm trying to figure out where the robot, and the soldiers came from.

Level 22
On the Brotherhood of Steel T51b Power Armor how did you get rid of the teamcolor? With the team color above vertex coloring?
The GDI Titan looks a little bit different.

"I say to your terrain, and your cows... Bravo!" (Inglourious Basterds Dubbed Quote)
Norway is my favorite it looks unlike anything I've ever seen in WC3, and Small World is quite amazing.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
What I love most about your terrains isn't your supernatural skill in doodad placement nor your perfect executions of every picture you create. It's simply that you can't seem to ever choose a bad motive. All these terrains looks like they could be concept art in big shot hollywood movies. Some pieces, like your norway winter terrain, reminds me so much of one of the greatest artist who ever did concept art... Alan Lee. What can I say, I'm simply inspired. Hope to see more of your work!

Megafyr's Terrains

Terraining takes a shit load of time and consists mainly of replacing, scaling and tinting an insane amount of doodads, so I think I deserved the rep you just gave me!

I kid you. :) Have fun while looking through the terrains, and if you are uncertain of how I did something, feel free to ask and I will provide you an answer.

Picture 1: Orc camp
--> Cute little terrain I did back in the day!
Picture 2: Silent Forest
--> Nothing special, just a silent forest.
Picture 3: Norway
--> Here I was trying to remake how Norway looked back in the winter 2008!
Picture 4: Flying castle 1
--> Terrain made for the purpose of a mini terrain contest. Wasn't my final entry though.
Picture 5: Flying castle 2
--> Final entry! Here I discovered that by stretching unit models, their body scaling doesn't look blizzard fucked.
Picture 6: Walking with dinosaurs
--> Loved the series when I was a kid, and while I was making a playable for my map I thought: DUDE! THIS LOOKS FUCKING ALIKE! So I made this cute little terrain.
Picture 7: Norse mythology
--> For a terraining contest while back. Now that I look at it, I don't get why I changed the sky so this ugly color, but whatever!
Picture 8: Inspired by fallout 3
--> Just got the game, and wanted to make something that resembled it.
Picture 9: Post Armageddon
--> For a terrain mini contest that I won! Yay!
Picture 10: Modern Warfare
--> Started of with making a forest, then the copters came, and etc. Don't really like it.
Picture 11: The Temple
--> Never, ever in my life have I spent so much time on a construction, and hell if I ever will! This picture shows only about 30 % of it, because I couldn't get the rest to fit, so screw it. I like only the construction.

Do that with the rest! :D
Picture 12: Medieval Castle -- For a mini contest I did not win! Don't like it now that I look at it.
Picture 13: Small World -- For a terraining contest! Frankly, I love it.
Picture 14: The Barrens -- Hate it. Scaling is off, and distand land is wrong. Might delete it someday.
Picture 15: Flying Cliffs -- Wanted to make something special, and it got kind of special. Not that it looks that good though.
Picture 16: Minas Tirith -- I believe this was the third Minas Tirith made here, and it's not all that bad.
Picture 17: Misty Lands -- Experimenting with new light techniques. I like it.
Picture 18: Lonely Building -- Wanted to make something sad, and I was successful. One of my best terrains, in my opinion.
Picture 19: Silent Death -- Simple, but nothing bad about it. Was messing around with skies, when I found out the blizzard sky actually looks best.
Picture 20: Ruins -- A prison, that looks dark and left. That's exactly what it is, and I like it.
Picture 21: No Imports -- Doomed to be a failure, but I think I did well!
Picture 22: Steam Punk -- For a terraining contest, and this is without a doubt my best terrain. I can't find anything to pick on, and I love everything about it. D':
Picture 23: Prehistoric Valley -- Found out a new technique to affect doodads with lights, but it is a SHITLOAD of work, so I would not copy it.
Picture 24: Lost City -- Wanted to do a crazy angle explotion shit, and look what I did!
Picture 25: Pre Cataclysm -- For a contest. One of my best terrains, because it's so clean.
Picture 26: Post Cataclysm -- For the same contest. HEAVY DESCRUCTION SHIT YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT IT IS!
That should do!
Like I said on your profile your gallery is amazing but your thread presentation makes me want to cry out loud :p

perhaps this will inspire you = 1 color, 3 diffrent tones.

Level 19
where did u get all those doodads?

You have to search this site in the model section, or look at the stickied UTM map.

Megafyr's Terrains

Terraining takes a shit load of time and consists mainly of replacing, scaling and tinting an insane amount of doodads, so I think I deserved the rep you just gave me!

I kid you. :) Have fun while looking through the terrains, and if you are uncertain of how I did something, feel free to ask and I will provide you an answer.

Picture 1: Orc camp
--> Cute little terrain I did back in the day!
Picture 2: Silent Forest
--> Nothing special, just a silent forest.
Picture 3: Norway
--> Here I was trying to remake how Norway looked back in the winter 2008!
Picture 4: Flying castle 1
--> Terrain made for the purpose of a mini terrain contest. Wasn't my final entry though.
Picture 5: Flying castle 2
--> Final entry! Here I discovered that by stretching unit models, their body scaling doesn't look blizzard fucked.
Picture 6: Walking with dinosaurs
--> Loved the series when I was a kid, and while I was making a playable for my map I thought: DUDE! THIS LOOKS FUCKING ALIKE! So I made this cute little terrain.
Picture 7: Norse mythology
--> For a terraining contest while back. Now that I look at it, I don't get why I changed the sky so this ugly color, but whatever!
Picture 8: Inspired by fallout 3
--> Just got the game, and wanted to make something that resembled it.
Picture 9: Post Armageddon
--> For a terrain mini contest that I won! Yay!
Picture 10: Modern Warfare
--> Started of with making a forest, then the copters came, and etc. Don't really like it.
Picture 11: The Temple
--> Never, ever in my life have I spent so much time on a construction, and hell if I ever will! This picture shows only about 30 % of it, because I couldn't get the rest to fit, so screw it. I like only the construction.

Do that with the rest! :D
Picture 12: Medieval Castle -- For a mini contest I did not win! Don't like it now that I look at it.
Picture 13: Small World -- For a terraining contest! Frankly, I love it.
Picture 14: The Barrens -- Hate it. Scaling is off, and distand land is wrong. Might delete it someday.
Picture 15: Flying Cliffs -- Wanted to make something special, and it got kind of special. Not that it looks that good though.
Picture 16: Minas Tirith -- I believe this was the third Minas Tirith made here, and it's not all that bad.
Picture 17: Misty Lands -- Experimenting with new light techniques. I like it.
Picture 18: Lonely Building -- Wanted to make something sad, and I was successful. One of my best terrains, in my opinion.
Picture 19: Silent Death -- Simple, but nothing bad about it. Was messing around with skies, when I found out the blizzard sky actually looks best.
Picture 20: Ruins -- A prison, that looks dark and left. That's exactly what it is, and I like it.
Picture 21: No Imports -- Doomed to be a failure, but I think I did well!
Picture 22: Steam Punk -- For a terraining contest, and this is without a doubt my best terrain. I can't find anything to pick on, and I love everything about it. D':
Picture 23: Prehistoric Valley -- Found out a new technique to affect doodads with lights, but it is a SHITLOAD of work, so I would not copy it.
Picture 24: Lost City -- Wanted to do a crazy angle explotion shit, and look what I did!
Picture 25: Pre Cataclysm -- For a contest. One of my best terrains, because it's so clean.
Picture 26: Post Cataclysm -- For the same contest. HEAVY DESCRUCTION SHIT YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT IT IS!
That should do!
Like I said on your profile your gallery is amazing but your thread presentation makes me want to cry out loud :p

perhaps this will inspire you = 1 color, 3 diffrent tones.

I have fixed it now!

Status
Not open for further replies.