• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Medow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Doesn't look as good as my second terrain try but I don't know what to do with the empty side any ideas?

159434-albums4376-picture41661.jpg

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

The light shafts look a bit over-used, you need some more terrain variation (It looks to bland with the 2 grass and 1 dirt types used.)

Level 13
Thinking of adding a bit of Ashenvale's Leaves tile in the tree area a bit to put a bigger tile variation
Terrain level variation is a bit annoying to figure out what section to raise and lower to make it look better

I see the end of the world oOO

The world is a disk. Everything else is heresy.

Re-order the tiles so that the ugly grass border is covered by the border of the grassy dirt, which will look way better. Import more grass textures, for example Ashenvale grass, and increase the overall variety of tiles.

Increase the Fog Distance, the picture is way too fogged. Also adjust the fog color so that it blends with the sky, which could also be chosen better. Dark, rainy clouds over a sunny meadow? Better take the Lordaeron sky.

The height variations caused ugly corners and steps left of the fountain, i suggest you smooth them out.

Moore Doodads! Place not only flowers around the fountain, put also Doodads everywhere else. Use the Grass and the Shrub Doodads, place a bench at the empty space or whatever. Just dont leave the meadow this empty and dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.