• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Medieval Warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
PERCENT DONE:
Terrain:........................10%
Features listed below:.....15%
Overall:.......................12%
Download link: no beta will be released before v0.9!

Introducing to the project

Hey guys, this is Rynn_Strife (registered as akoshun) and this is my first project ever! I do it alone, but using models downloaded from the hive. I give credits at the end of the post.

The project: This is going to be a huge role-playing game based on the medieval legends. Dragons, castles, brave knights! How great it is! You play as one of the greatest legion's soldier. The story follows the line of a standard role-playing game, but you can get items in quests. Oh, the quests! It's going to be a pretty nice feature: If you play through the game you can read your own story in the quest log.

(For example:
"You have fought in the forest, and a bandit attacked you." The story will make it more interesting, and the story will like this: "On a sunny morning our hero was walking in the forest.
'What a great day!' but as he said it e was attacked by a wolf. It was a bloody fight. The legionnaire won, but he was attacked in the back by an unknown shape. It was a knife, and the unknown person was a bandit, he recognized."...)

Another thing is the classic third person (fully made by me :fp::grin:). The weapon system is in progress.

(I would use HDR + Bloom addon for it [graphical addon])

Features

(done | in progress | pending | planning)

• 3rd person camera
  • Weapon system
  • Storytelling quest mode
  • Inventory system

coder/JASS-guy
animator
modeler/texture

Advantage on Hungarian users! (Not to mess around, and non-Hungarians are more experienced I think, it's just for fun and to get more experience.), but I listen anyone.

akoshun - Project leader, terrain, map and model plans

And now the most important:
CREDITS
Models:
Levigeorge1617...........Elite Footman (removed the sword by me)
Deathcom3s...............Tree
HappyTauren..............Tree (<---This guy is a legend! :wink:)
(And others later if I use more downloaded)
Terrain:
Akoshun....................Map Terraining (<--- this is me :thumbs_up:)

PS (for credits): All rights are reserved to these guys

(screenshots taken with HDR+Bloom addon)

Attachments

• medievalwarf1.JPG
    medievalwarf1.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 496
  • medievalwarf2.JPG
    medievalwarf2.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 205
  • medievalwarf3.JPG
    medievalwarf3.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 211
  • medievalwarf-ingame1.JPG
    medievalwarf-ingame1.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 206
Level 13
I don't play very many RPG's but I always respect Medieval maps :).

Especially I like the castles you've made. They're kinda small though. Are the walls walkable? That would be amazing. Need more screenshots.

Level 3
the only thing i don't like is the moat. blizzars cliffs make it look..... unnatural

Yes, it does. That was from the first day of terraining. It's already fixed for about 4 days before. At the next milestone (every single trigger except the storyline writing is done) I'll post the new areas, even castles, weapons, and so on. But currently the progress is stopped where yesterday I've stopped, because of school. You know.

Status
Not open for further replies.