1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Medieval Games 16.76

Submitted by Hero_Danial
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Hero_Danial presents

Medieval Games
Created by Hero_Danial

Map Info:

What a good map for your freertime!
"Medieval Games" includes 3 fun games: "Medieval Warriors" , "Medieval Royale" and "Dino Defence"

"Warriors" can summarize in three sentences:
1.Upgrade your Gold Mine to increase your income
2.Upgrade your Barracks and soldiers
3.Send your mighty troops to end the game
But it's not simple to do this, determines the speed of action and the intelligence of the winner

And "Dino Defence" : Like "Warriors" this game isn't based on any other map or game, In "Dino Defence" goal is killing the Allousarus. Also this game is co-op.

Features:

3 awesome games with different gameplays
Customize deck with over 20 available cards and some upgrades in "Royale"
10 different units for attacking in "Warriors"
Over 60 Upgrades and an ultimate upgrade for attackers in "Warriors"
9 dinosaur for spawn in "Dine Defence"
Over 10 items in "Dino Defence"
you can change your camera zoom with using the command -cam.

-cam [1700 - X - 3000]
like a -cam 2000
some examples are:
-cam 1700
-cam 1800
-cam 1900
-cam...

Play 2v2 with your friends

Now available:
  • Some minor problems fixed.
  • New ability 'inventory' for the Babe added to "Dino Defence".
  • New units 'Archer' and 'Knight' added to "Dino Defence".
  • New items 'Book of Mythologies' and 'Book of the Fossil Spirits' added to "Dino Defence".
  • "Dino Defence" Eggs fixed.
You will see in the future:
  • [Map Version 18] "Royale": Rematch system that players can remake the match without rehosting the map.
  • [Map Version 17] "Dino Defence": A new male hero that has magical abilities.
  • [Map Version 17] "Dino Defence": All Heroes will have more abilities.

Author's notes:

Just I can tell is: Enjoy playing!

[Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
]

Models & Icons
4 model: olofmoleman
4 model: Explobomb
4 model: sunchips
2 model: Blood Raven
2 model: HerrDave
1 model: General Frank
2 model: Tranquil
1 model: Rolo
1 model: Exyte

1 model: Zwiebelchen
1 model: Hayate
1 model: Uncle Fester
1 model: Stefan.K
1 model: Asssssvi
1 model: Black_Stan
1 model: hexus
1 model: paladinjst
1 model: Sellenisko
1 model: Murlocologist
1 model: HappyTauren
1 model: Wandering Soul
1 model: Gluma
1 icon: Exyte
1 icon: Zombie
1 icon: Ujimasa Hojo
Contents

Medieval Games 16.76 (Map)

Reviews
biridius
To upload screenshots, scroll down when editing the resource. There you can upload files including screenshots. After saving changes, your screenshots will be at the bottom of the resource. Then, you can "copy link adress" of these screenshots and...
matin45
I just played the map with "Dino Defence" mode. I write this feedback for "Dino Defence" not "Medival Games" Bad Points: 1.Allousarus (the end game boss) is weaker than War Raptors. 2.After killing Allousarus, game didn't end for me. 3.You can spawn...
deepstrasz
Very well. May Rostam be witness to your words. Approved. (previous comments: Medieval Games 15.36)
  1. biridius

biridius

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    To upload screenshots, scroll down when editing the resource. There you can upload files including screenshots.
    After saving changes, your screenshots will be at the bottom of the resource. Then, you can "copy link adress" of these screenshots and paste them within [ img ] [/ img ] (without spaces) tag in the text.
    You should add a more detailed description, after spending effort on making your map you might as well write a little about what it does to actually get people to play it.

The map seems fine but could use a multiboard and quests with some info on income, commands, etc.
    I don't remember the exact tag for this type of maps because I don't usually play them, but this is not a mini-game. Something like Castle fight? May be strategy/risk, tower defence. A bit confusing for people who look for these types of maps.

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The description needs to be fixed. It has too many empty spaces or xxxx spam "words".
    1. Terrain is too bare.
    2. Ships are teleported back. It's annoying because you've put the buildings right near the teleportation zone. Make the buildings give bigger range for players to buy stuff from so they would not have to move their ships each time.
    3. Descriptions are heavily lacking. There's little to no information about what the units or anything is actually doing.
      Tooltip Tutorial
      Creating Good Descriptions
    4. You can learn from maps like Mush how to write proper descriptions.
    5. Unit/card cast ranges are also too small.
    6. Almost one firebird can destroy the king tower alone.
    7. How to put the camera view back up? No info in the quest log.
    8. Small firebirds don't continue their journey to the next buildings.
    9. No match reset/restart? Players have to recreate the game each time.
    10. The camera should go on the player units zone after you select the game type.
    11. Units can be selected and moved back for a short while.
    12. Would be much better if you made all 4 races and more for the second game not just humans. Each faction with its own units and abilities and upgrades.
    13. Why change icons for some spells like Inner Fire and Divine Shield?
    14. Cloud is pretty useless since the Dragonhawk does what it wants.
    15. Elite Level should have a passive icon. You can make it look so with Button Manager v1.8.2
    Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    eubz
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  3. matin45

matin45

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I just played the map with "Dino Defence" mode.
    I write this feedback for "Dino Defence" not "Medival Games"
    Bad Points:
    1.Allousarus (the end game boss) is weaker than War Raptors.
    2.After killing Allousarus, game didn't end for me.
    3.You can spawn Allousarus more than one time.
    4.Your dinosaurs have a very low hp regention, I think you should add a potion that heal dinosaurs out of combat.
    5.Net ability has a long duration even longer than its cd.
    6.Some times when you spawn dinosaurs, they don't attack you.
    7.All of dinosaurs has same xp bonus.
    8.There isn't a good item for attacker heroes.
    Good Point:
    1.Good gameplay
    2.Various dinosaurs with imported models
    3.Different Heroes
    Suggestions:
    1.Fix the bugs, there is a lot of them.
    2.Add new items for all hero classes
    3.Add new heroes, there isn't a good attacker still.
    4.Add some active(none passive) abilites to dinosaurs, you can make more difficult to kill the Allousarus with giving abilities to it and use trigger to use them.

In my opinion: Awaiting Update
    But I'm not a staff:peasant-smile:

4. Hero_Danial

Hero_Danial

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    4. I'll add a new unit that name is 'monk' and has heal ability.

7. I won't do this, because I want all dinosaurs to have an experience bonus. when you summon a dinosaur, it gives you some gold that wrote on its item.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  5. matin45

matin45

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    New Notes and Suggestions(for dino defence):
    1.Hunter has a morph ability, it's morphed form is also have it. Also, duration of morph is higher than it's cd.
    2.You must change tooltip of rage ability for hunter.
    3.Allousaurs moves very fast, tyou should decrese it's movespeed.
    4.Allousaurs' splash attacks kill everything, I think you used full damage.
    5.Gold cost of special egg is very low.
    6.I opened 4 special eggs, but 3 of them became nothing when you wrote there is a 2% chance for nothing.
    7.Babe has a very high regention.
    8.You can add one more eggs, which has a better chance to create war raptor.
    9.There isn't any item for a attacker in game. (attack damage, attack speed, etc.)

In my opinion , it's still Awaiting Uptade, because it's very very hard to kill Allousaurs.
    But it need to test by a staff member.

6. Hero_Danial

Hero_Danial

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Your Opinion. You need to reach hero level over 24 to kill allosaurus better.

4. You thought wrong
    7. yes. I know the babe has fast hp regeneration because it's your hero's dog and one of your hero abilities. I make its hp regen fast purposely.
    8. No. I can but I won't do this.
    9. The game has an item for attackers, Book of healing that you can buy it from library officer. ok, I'll add more passive items for damage and att speed and... in the future.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Informative and readable description:
    [​IMG]

Not really informative and not that readable:
    descriptions01.png

1. Tell me why don't you think it's a good idea to set the buying range to max so that you won't need to move the ship and risk it being thrown to the middle if you move it too close to the shops?
    2. You should get random cards if you don't happen to buy any in time. If no one buys anything, it's a stall.
    3. In Line Wars, units should be deselected immediately after being selected. Right now it takes at least or almost a second, enough time to move the unit or stop it for a little while.
    4. The Dragonhawk casts Inner Fire on enemies too. Check targets in the object editor.
    5. You could make the farms bigger on each level and maybe also change their colour a bit.
    6. Jailor Kassan's Unholy Aura icon is not passive. You could make it so with Button Manager v1.8.2
    7. Don't understand why you have to change the icons of abilities if you keep the same names and functions.
    8. Throw Axe does not have a visible hotkey in its description.
    9. You should use towers instead of units as towers because it looks weird when they attack, especially when with their backs at the enemy without turning.
    10. Ah so you made better descriptions for the Dino mini-game but the text colour needs to be more visible and distinct.
    11. You should put different book icons for each type.
    12. The Black Knight's Morph doesn't say how much it lasts and the timer bar says Metamorphosis.
    13. Defend does not work or is present when Morph is active.
    14. The dinosaurs game is a repetitive grind. Not really much to do. Gets boring fast. You should make it more lively, have some events going on or something. There's no real danger if you can choose when to fight and whom.
    15. Items in this mini-game are also mostly few recycled Warcraft III ones. Maybe get a bit creative with each item having a specific role.
    16. Nice touch with the "army". You could make some upgrades for them as they get weak fast and their number won't help that much when things get cluttered. Also, what's the sense of having two melee ones? They both have normal attack type. The spearman should be an archer or something.
    17. Abilities don't mention how many levels there are.
      Tooltip Tutorial
      Creating Good Descriptions
    18. I don't get it. So the chances for the eggs are not 100% for at least one creature? I mean if you add them up you get 100% but they seem to work separately. You can actually get nothing.
    19. The Rifleman hero is unfair. Besides having cooldown for the attack, more than normal heroes. You can't attack+move and hitting little dinosaurs is annoying and might get you killed.
    20. Reload should not trigger if you have full ammo.
    21. Everybody has Babe and Ensnare?
    22. I don't think it's worth 10 bullets for the sleep spell.
    23. There is little difference between heroes. Most have the same spells.
    24. The Valkyrie seems to level up pretty fast. That or the small dinosaurs give too much XP.
    25. The Valkyrie could use a better, fitting icon.
    26. The Moon Guard's Morph can be used again during Morph because the ability is there without its cooldown starting. If you click it, the spell basically reverses to the normal form.

Awaiting Update.

(previous comments: Medieval Games 12.43)

8. Hero_Danial

Hero_Danial

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    7. sorry, because i want.
    10. dino defence descriptions dont need any changes.
    11. yellow books give you the passive abilities and blue books have ability when you click on them.
    13. when you use the morph ability of black knight, it will take out its shield and sword and take up its greatsword.
    19. rifleman has many damage than other heroes. i make rifleman attack with an ability purposely. you dont have to choose rifleman in dino defence. also many players in atinad client and gameranger like this hero. it means that players I playing this map with them like this hero.
    21. all heroes will have 6 ability. babe and ensnare are public abilities and all heroes have these. and more abilities are diffrent.
    25. the valkyrie icon is good and dont need to change.

I'll fix the rest.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What do you mean I should not play with that hero in Dino Defense? Then why is it there?
    I'm sorry but it's a flawed/imbalanced hero.

10. Hero_Danial

Hero_Danial

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    oh sorry. I mean you dont have to choose rifleman.

11. Hero_Danial

Hero_Danial

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

1. The Black Knight's Morph doesn't say how much it lasts and the timer bar says Metamorphosis.

(previous comments: Medieval Games 12.43)[/QUOTE]

the black knight's morph ability description has complete information of morph duration and cooldown and... you need to check it again.

Attached Files:

12. Lt. Col. Noob

Lt. Col. Noob

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello everyone! Question: Is this solo player or multiplayer type of game?

13. Hero_Danial

Hero_Danial

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    you can play this map with other players or play it alone.

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. Baby pheonixes are not killed if the game hasn't started yet and they go toward the enemy zone.
    2. The Ship doesn't start with full mana in the battle phase if you cast the cards during the choosing phase.
    3. The upgrades in Royale are random or at least most of them are unrelated to what cards I have chosen. I had gryphon, pheonixes and wyverns and only the wyvern upgrade was useful. The others were for units I did not have.
    4. One time, the last wyvern spawned on the west side while the first ones in the middle where I targeted.
    5. You should make an automatic Royale restart because the game usually doesn't last long and it's annoying to always recreate the game.
    6. Cards are not automatically chosen in Royale if you are AFK or spend too much time to think about what to choose and the choosing phase timer ends.
    (previous comments: Medieval Games 13.28)

Awaiting Update.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  15. Hero_Danial

Hero_Danial

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    5. I don't know how can I make a trigger that does this.
    6. I won't do this, because I want the players to select their own cards. when a player wants to play this mod shouldn't do AFK. But I'll increase the starting time by 60 seconds.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The timer is enough. You don't have to increase it. It's just problematic that if by some reason a player doesn't choose any cards, it's basically game over.
    You can make triggers that check when you buy cards and then make triggers that check if you didn't buy any cards after the timer is out. Then create random cards (add ability trigger?) for the player who didn't buy anything.

17. matin45

matin45

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think he told this for restart not random pick:

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah, sorry.
    Well, that's easy. You just need to recreate the towers and re-run the triggers with the card choosing timer and replace the shops or edit them so that they'll have the initial cards back.
    You should/could make rounds too. That would make the game funner, like who wins 3/3 matches and stuff.

19. Hero_Danial

Hero_Danial

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please let me do that after the map has no bugs and balanced and I got the approved mark on my map.