1. Triumph has risen from these uncharted shores. The 34th Modeling Contest Results are out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Awaken what lies in the heart of your swarm. The 17th Techtree Contest has arrived!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Hive Workshop is launching its first HD modelling contest. How HD should it be?
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff Job Openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Mdx sanity tester

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by GhostWolf, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Macadamia

Macadamia

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well fact is I didn't care before I realized there were serious selection issues. If I'd put a model with large extents next to another one with small extents, it simply became impossible to select with the mouse.
    Using the same extents across the model allowed me to reasonably fix this, and I suppose I should not look any further if I don't encounter unexpected issues.

If @Retera knows more about this, I must admit I wouldn't spit on more knowledge for a better understanding :)

Thanks for your replies though, always appreciated.

2. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A new version is around!

- Redesigned the page layout and colors, it's hopefully not as bad, but I am still not a designer (suggestions?). Thanks to Ralle with help getting the layout to work and teaching me a thing or two.
    - There is now a test text filter, in case you are testing a map with lots of things, and want to find a test.
    - The test results can be filtered to show/hide unused/warnings/severe warnings/errors.
    - The MDL view is now switchable with the 3D view, rather than both taking space at the same time. There's only so much space on one monitor.
    - When checking for keyframe equality, the test now differentiates between keys being exactly equal, and roughly equal.
    - Warcraft 3 supports corrupted data in a lot of its files. They miss data, or their data is broken, but the game works all the same. The viewer and the sanity test will now attempt to load files also if they fail to parse. If the corruption isn't critical, everything will work. The sanity test will report on any file that failed to parse, whether it's a model, texture, or map.
    - All of the parsers including MDLX now support unicode. Doesn't affect the sanity test much, maybe some models have foreign names...
    - TGA is now supported properly (there was a very lackluster parser previously), and is accepted by the sanity test as a source for custom textures, or if you simply want to view a TGA image.