Master Warlock

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Hello! Here I am uploading another remake of an old model of mine, the Banisher.

The Banisher model was supposed to be a Master warlock based model from Battle Realms but I didn't know how to make custom animations at the time so I resorted in making the model attack using a weapon even though the unit it is based on never uses one.

I tried sticking as close to the model that I based it on as close as possible, even adding three close range animations (The Battle Realms master warlock attacks using projectiles when the enemy is far away and when it is attacked at close range, he uses melee attacks). The model also has two walk animations: a walk and a walk fast as the battle realms units have a slow walk animation when you right click once to move a unit and the unit runs when you spam right click.

I reduced the polycount drastically as well almost cutting the polycount of the original Banisher model by half.

I also added another spectral head on the model's chest as I found this Master Warlock lore tidbit quite interesting:

• The Master Warlock model is composed of two Warlocks: one is the four-armed skeleton, the other is the glowing spirit inside the skeleton's rib-cage. When the Master Warlock dies, the skeleton Warlock whirls into nothingness as the spirit Warlock ascends, and dissipates.

I really wanted to release the first set of tier 1 units but I just couldn't resist in making one of the coolest looking unit in the game.
Previews
Contents

Master Warlock (Model)

Level 63
So, this is essentially its own Death Knight from WarCraft II. An orc warlock's spirit inhabiting a human knight's body.
Great job with the model!
not really a case of possession for the master warlock but two warlocks merging as one. the winner transforms into the spirit warlock and uses the loser's body for attacking and other stuff and takes its skull as a trophy. although the wiki is unsure as well if the winner is the four armed skeleton or the spirit lol.

Level 63
Battle Realms Such a great game i play every now and again! Very Cool model i hope you Bring over the buildings to.
i plan on making the buildings as well after i release the units. they aren't that complex so it should be easy enough. the only building that might require some animating is the warlock tower.

Level 21
  • The Master Warlock model is composed of two Warlocks: one is the four-armed skeleton, the other is the glowing spirit inside the skeleton's rib-cage. When the Master Warlock dies, the skeleton Warlock whirls into nothingness as the spirit Warlock ascends, and dissipates.
Ah, fiddlestick. Still, it's scary.