• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mass Hex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Im gonna try doing a mass hex. I know how to use dummies and allrdeady have 1 ficed and rdy to go.

So, can some1 help me with a simple trigger that either:

creates 1 dummy for each affected unit, and then orders all dummys to do a hex on their specific unit
or

creates 1 dummy, and orders it do a hex on all affected units (this seems like a bad idea, refering to that the hex wont affect all units at the same time...

Im looking for a smooth trigger that does a hex on all enemy units targeted by an aoe (say silence). Any ideas anyone?[/b]

Level 3
Lingonberryjam said:
Im gonna try doing a mass hex. I know how to use dummies and allrdeady have 1 ficed and rdy to go.

So, can some1 help me with a simple trigger that either:

creates 1 dummy for each affected unit, and then orders all dummys to do a hex on their specific unit
or

creates 1 dummy, and orders it do a hex on all affected units (this seems like a bad idea, refering to that the hex wont affect all units at the same time...

Im looking for a smooth trigger that does a hex on all enemy units targeted by an aoe (say silence). Any ideas anyone?[/b]

You seem to understand the basics, what you need now is to first

Set variable = all units within range of the caster with the condition of own of unit equals enemy of caster owner

the variable here is Unit Group type

next use Unit Group trigger to pick every unit in Variable to do mutiple actions
-to create a dummy unit on postion of unit to do cast hex on it.
-set expiry for each last created unit to 1 seconds
-hide last created unit

Thats about all, hope this helps..

Level 2
You donnot need a variable for this... if you do create a dummy for each unit you might get some laggs in game, so I suggest you create a dummy with the hex ability that has no cooldown and you pick every unit in range and order the dummy to cast hex on the picked unit. After that you remove the dummy.

Level 40
raul said:
You donnot need a variable for this... if you do create a dummy for each unit you might get some laggs in game, so I suggest you create a dummy with the hex ability that has no cooldown and you pick every unit in range and order the dummy to cast hex on the picked unit. After that you remove the dummy.

actually, this wont work

abilities in wc3 that default to have >0 cooldown will not work with <1 cooldown. You would have to order the dummy to move to fix this bug.

Level 2
cooldowns can be set to 0 or below 1, just think of searing arrows, they have no cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.