• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mass Destruction 1.0.6

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.

★ MASS DESTRUCTION ★
-realism, +fun

ABOUT
Choose your tank and join the battlefield, and experience devastation unmatched by any other Warcraft map.

Mass Destruction is a arcade-styled action-game for up to 6 players clashing together in an epic struggle for survival.

The tanks are controlled and moved around using the arrow keys and keyboard hotkeys.

Current stage of development:
1.0.6 released.

Code:
Mass Destruction
1.0.6 changelog:

• Fixed a bug with the admin kick command.
 • Edited the game mode descriptions.
 • Added two new admin commands:
        "-Clear"; Clears the current game for dynamic effects (entities).
        "-ToggleEntities"; Enables/disables spawning of dynamic effects (entities).
 • The Armor Bonus and Invincibility power-ups can no longer be used by the Juggernaut.
 • Fixed up the help command a bit.
 • Added some information to the loading screen.

KEY FEATURES
• Fast-paced, action-packed gameplay with up to 6 available players.
• Loads of weapons and power-ups.
• Multiple stages/levels.
• Customizeable control scheme.
• Fully functional GUI (Graphical User Interface) for in-game menus.
• Customizeable player profile, tank model/color, tank attributes and camera settings.
• Ranking/leveling system with unlockable tank models.
• Highly destructible environments.
• Works on the new 1.24d patch.

• Map is protected.

GAME MODES
Deathmatch - Kill as many players as possible until the timer expires.
GameMode.jpg

Team Deathmatch - Kill as many enemy players as possible until the timer expires. Team killers will be punished.
GameMode3.jpg

Destruction - Destroy as much of the environment as possible in two minutes. Three rounds.
GameMode2.jpg

Annihilation - Stay alive for as long as possible. Last man standing wins the round.
The player with the highest total survival time wins the game.
GameMode4.jpg

Juggernaut - A random player will be picket to play as the Juggernaut tank. If the Juggernaut is destroyed, the tank that destroyed it is granted the Juggernaut status. Points are only earned for killing as the Juggernaut, or killing the Juggernaut. The player with the most points at the end of the round wins.
GameMode5.jpg

Capture the Flag - Capture the flag located somewhere in the map and try to keep it for as long as possible.
The player with the highest total 'flag time' after three rounds wins the game.
Mode_CaptureTheFlag.jpg

HOTKEYS
These are just the default hotkeys.
All keys are customizeable by the local player at runtime.

W = Fire current weapon
A/D = Browse between available weapons
S = Activate power-up
V = Jump
C = Quick camera browsing
R = Open radio dialog

WEAPONS
Primary:
HEAT.png
• High-Explosive Anti-Tank (HEAT) rounds
Secondary:
MachineGun.png
• Machine Gun

Additional weapons:
ATMissile.png
Anti-Tank Missiles
Flamethrower-1.png
Flamethrower
GatlingLaser.png
Gatling Laser
HighVelocityRockets.png
High Velocity Rockets
ConcussionBeam.png
Concussion Beam
PopUpMines.png
Pop-Up Mines
MortarLauncher.png
Mortar Launcher
EMPBurst.png
EMP Bursts

Power-ups:
Armor Bonus
Double Power
Double Armor
Hyper Cooler
Invincibility

61897d1249058658-6-mass-destruction-menuwip2.jpg

75519d1266275710-6-mass-destruction-final_teaser1.jpg

Game Design:
Sourc[e]x

Modeling:
Sourc[e]x

Scripting:
Sourc[e]x

Custom Terrain Art:
Game_Slave
Punisher_x
Sourc[e]x

Special Effects:
WILLTHEALMIGHTY
Sourc[e]x

Juggernaut tank model:
General Frank

Music:
Black-Cloak-of-Night
Scooter-16

Additional Systems:
PipeDream's Save System
Vexorian's TimerUtils
Rising_Dusk's GroupUtils

Code:
Changelog

• Pre-Beta release.

0.5.2:
 • A special effect has been added to the jump ability.
 • Tank preview models [I]should[/I] now display correctly on all platforms.
 • Tank armor has been increased by 50%.
 • Screen will now shake when the player is taking damage.
 • The chatbox texttags has been replaced with a new text system.
 • New weapon included: Flamethrower.
 • Host command added: "[B]-forceready[/B]" ; Forces all players into a 'ready' status to immediately start the game.
 • Numerous minor code changes and bug fixes.

0.6.0:
 • Map is now in beta state.
 • First actual level is under construction.
 • Four new unlockable tank models has been added.
 • New power-ups added: Hyper Cooler, Double Power and Double Armor.
 • Leveling up dialog now notifies players about tank model unlocks.
 • Fixed a bug with the leveling up dialog message.
 • Players can no longer level up in singleplayer games.
 • Level-creation code is now better organized and easier to maintain.
 • Tank portals implemented.
 • Host command added: "-skipscore" or "-skip" ; Quickly skip the scorescreen.

0.6.1:
 • Fixed a bug with the Invincibility timer.
 • Anti-tank missile damage reduced by 33%.
 • A lame flamethrower ammunition bug has been fixed.
 • Added a new tiny test level.
 • Major pathing cleanup of 'Circle of Destruction'.

0.7.0:
 • New weapons: Gatling Laser, High Velocity Rockets, Concussion Beam and Pop-up Mines
 • Fixed a bug with the radio dialog.
 • Added a dialog holding the Host Commands.
 • Camera damage shaking issue fixed.
 • New Game Mode added: Team Deathmatch.
 • All weapon icons added.
 • Level name is now displayed to all players.
 • A little scorescreen bug has been fixed.
 • Weapon code has been better organized.
 • Weapon power-up priorities has been changed.
 • Fixed a major issue with the deathmatch score counter.
 • When browsing between weapons, weapon icons will now display above your tank.
 • New weapon power-up models added.
 • Fixed a bug with the tank portals.
 • Handle data attachment method switched from '[H2I-offset]' to a safer hashtable method. The reason being handle ids exceeding the array sizes.
 • The scoretable code has been completely rewritten to support team matches.
 • New level added.
 • Fixed loads of minor bugs.

0.8.0:
 • Fixed a bug with the status bar (gameplay interface) not showing up when a dialog was active.
 • Added a spectator mode.
 • Respawn method has been improved.
 • Added two new gamemodes: Annihilation and Juggernaut.
 • Fixed a bug with the EMP cooldown timers.
 • Fixed a bug with the new scoretable not giving correct rewards.
 • New weapon added: Mortar Launcher.
 • Fixed a little graphic glitch with tank models remaining on the level after the game has ended.
 • The scoretable now displays empty (0) scores.
 • Updated the chatbox text system.
 • The game lobby`s texttags has been replaced with the new text system.
 • The "Best of round" award should now be working correctly.
 • Added game mode descriptions.
 • Added a new Host Command: "-kick" ; Opens up a dialog with a list of players to kick from the game.

0.9.0:
 • The game timer will now no longer be displayed in modes which doesn`t use it.
 • To make things a bit more interesting, you`re now rewarded a second for killing a player in Annihilation mode.
 • The final scorescreen has returned to its previous state.
 • Added a new gamemode: Capture the Flag.
 • Added more radio commands.
 • Added radio chat sound effects.
 • Fixed a bug with the gameplay UI displaying in the main menu.
 • A new tank model has been added.

1.0.0:
 • Full release.
 • The player death message box has finally been fixed.
 • Fixed the HEAT's name.
 • 6 new tank models added.
 • Completed the user interface.
 • Fixed some old game interface settings.
 • Added a new huge level.
 • New flamethrower power-up model.
 • Added a new Host Command: "-endround" or "-end" ; Skips the remaining rounds and returns everyone to the game lobby. (Only available when watching the scorescreen)
 • Mass Destruction is now preloading a lot of units and abilities at startup to prevent some "first time" lag. This also makes the loading slightly longer.
 • Decreased the hit-points of most environment objects.
 • Dynamic effects and level objects storage switched to hashtable.
 • Fixed a bug with the annihilation end conditions.
 • Changed map preview image.
 • Fixed a animation bug with some of the tank model previews.
 • Fixed loads of minor bugs.
 • Concussion Beam sound effect added.

1.0.1:
 • Fixed a bug with the option scrolling and game start colliding.
 • Host detection should be more stable now.
 • Added a "-VoteHost" command available to all players.
 • Added a option to modify gamemode rounds.

1.0.2:
 • Fixed a bug related to the option menu which could cause a player to permanently lose user control.
 • Fixed a bug with the texttags in the control option panel.
 • Fixed a bug with the team manager.
 • Added a option to modify gamemode round time.

1.0.2b:
 • Fixed a major bug in the team manager.

1.0.3:
 • Added a little "-help" command.
 • Due to a lot of complaints and instability, the host detection is no more. The "Game Administrator" status goes to the first valid player in the playerlist.
 • Machine Gun and Gatling Laser can no longer cause players to suicide.
 • Every seventh level will now reward a new attribute point.
 • Some minor fixes and adjustments.

1.0.3b
 • Added a new admin command: "-NoLevelBonus"; Disables level attribute bonuses.
 • Fixed a minor bug with the attribute point counter.
 • Fixed the "Best of round" award again. Hopefully it'll work correctly from now on.
 • The entity system has been rewritten.

• Fixed a bug with the tank armor not getting restored between rounds.
 • Invincibility time has been reduced.
 • Concussion Beam range and damage has been decreased.
 • Added a option to enable map cycling.
 • Added 'Random' as a game mode.
 • Fixed a bug which would allow a player to keep a unused power-up between rounds.
 • Added a maximum turnrate cap.

• Fixed a bug with the chatbox text colors.
 • A fire effect will now display when a tank is below 25% HP.
 • A new level has been added.
 • Added a new admin command: "-QuitGame" or "-Quit"; Immediatly quits the current game and returns everyone to the game lobby.
 • Switched to a more readable font type.
 • Fixed some minor code bugs.

• Fixed a bug with the admin kick command.
 • Edited the game mode descriptions.
 • Added two new admin commands:
        "-Clear"; Clears the current game for dynamic effects (entities).
        "-ToggleEntities"; Enables/disables spawning of dynamic effects (entities).
 • The Armor Bonus and Invincibility power-ups can no longer be used by the Juggernaut.
 • Fixed up the help command a bit.
 • Added some information to the loading screen.

Keywords:
mass, destruction, tank, war, arcade, shooter, multiplayer, fun, total, conversion, customization, awesome, modern
Contents

Mass Destruction 1.0.6 (Map)

Reviews
12:06, 27th Feb 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Update: Rating! Date: 2011/Oct/14 22:20:28 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 5/5 Highly Recommended Rep Received: 5Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints or questions directed...
How often does leveling unlock new tank models? I leveled, but didn't not get a new model so I must assume that its every couple levels or so?
Every few level. I believe the first one lies around level 5.

Are you planning on adding more maps?
Not at the moment. I'm kinda over my size budget as it is.

hey illidan pls put ai on next version because whenever i host people get disconnected if not they quit because they are noob and illiterate in computer gaming..
Maybe, maybe not. I'm not quite sure how to do it in a efficient way.

ya dude hey illidan you should put instruction or info about the game in the loading sceen so new people will know what the game is all about and what to do..hope this will be add next version..more slots for players would be cool too..
There will be a "-help" command in the next version.
Sorry, but I will not add more players to the game.

Yeah, the level is 5, and can you atleast add 1 more map, like a teams only map? it wont really increase filesize if you use existing models.

And please add proper description on who's a team mate or not, like a green arrow over teammates.

And please make it so red's automatically the host, no matter what the host detection only works 1 in 6 times for me, so its annoying.

Level 11
Add info on the end of each round of first one that there will be next round so people do not quit...

Ah garena ppl arent so smart...

Also is changing model for specific player fixed ? I mean when you change you model, it applies to all players... I have no time to test this version, will in couple of days.

Level 7
Yeah, the level is 5, and can you atleast add 1 more map, like a teams only map? it wont really increase filesize if you use existing models.

i fully agree to this maybe make a mutiplayer version because 3vs3 is just boring not that boring but more fun if have many slots for team match like 5vs5..:cool:

Level 6
The map is amazing, and I agree with all positive feedback already said.
However, here's what I'd like to see!

- DEFINITELY needs explanation on the loading screen. Lots of ppl shit bricks and leave on the first round.
- Just make Player1 red the default host, please.
- Less ability to shoot self, especially with weapons that shouldn't (machine gun)
- Smaller tanks with smaller collision, cause right now some of those areas are impossible to navigate
- Less bounce back when you hit a wall
- When juggernaut runs someone over, have it count as a kill not suicide

Things to consider:
- Leveling up allowing more than 30 customization points
- Editing tank models and making team color a lot more obvious
- Different types of tanks with different weapons, not necessarily stronger but different.

Level 11
Bug Reports and Suggestions.

A couple of points;

- At the end of each match the 4th player appears to be getting the 3rd player points. And sometimes it seems that the Best of Round points aren't given to the person who got the most points that round.

- I agree that team colour should be made a bit more prominent.

- I think there might be several leaks in the code, because as you keep playing lag tends to build up.

- Annhilation needs balancing. It's really ridiculous because if there are like 2 players left they can just avoid each other and build up a massive pile of points. Perhaps instead of giving points for time, give points to all living players whenever one player dies. Or perhaps allow the option of a time limit for the rounds.

- I don't think anyone will want to play the same map and mode for 10 rounds, perhaps give an option for map cycling or something? Or map selection after each round? Or give the host a command for switching the map at the score screen.

- Also a Team CTF mode would be great, I was disappointed to learn that CTF was solo. :(

- The Juggernaut might be a bit OP, I was just pounding and pounding away at it with a Gattling laser, while the tank was just spinning around shooting. But to no avail :(, and other people had been attacking it before too.

- The Arena could use a little bit of sprucing up a bit I think. I know it is suppose to be small but tons of people just end up sitting in their starting position firing into the middle. Perhaps some back paths or ramps up to the top from the spawn zones.

Other than that great work though :D

Level 5
Why is it that when I am winning in destruction then let the opponent win or tie I get an extra point for best of round?

Level 5
Wonderful map. The arcade experience was quite wonderful. A few problems

-Points in speed helped some, but if you put more than half of the way up, turning is uncontrollable, Add a cap to turn speed, or make a way to stop turning at high speed levels.

-Most of the maps were WAY too big, there are big maps, and one small map, but none of them were medium sized. The small map (arena) was constant combat, while the other ones had almost none, and most of it was looking for the other players.

However, the map was well done, and can be fun, (4/5)

Level 2
Heh, the weapons reminds me of a lovely game ... The Future Cop. Actually, I think they are copied from that. Nevertheless nice map.

Level 5
Make the concussive laser a rarer chance to spawn instead of having it always in the middle of circle arena have other guns spawn there too because on maps like this when I play with friends EVERYONE uses the laser and its just a gigantic lame 1 hit kill fest some people camp invulnerability but its not that bad since other powerups can spawn there as well but adding a few more powerups will make this even less spammable.

Adding a fire effect on the tanks when they're at low hp would be nice too.

Level 5
My little review:
Pros-- not gonna bother touching up on every little detail because i don't remember, but what makes this map unique is:
Interface: Almost a game of it's own!
Gameplay: i love it, throw 6 tanks in an arena, arcade games never grow old!
Controls: work well!
Stages: Much like an arcade!

Cons--
Maps: A good selection, but many are too cramped! It is hard to menuever so i end up using 2 of the stages.
Delay: Easy to get used to, but people without hosting tools will suffer. There is also a lack of precision between turning and aiming but i would hate for you to shy away from the arrow keys

Overall: 10/10

Suggestions: There is always someone that will want to modify their tank to the extreme, and when i put only 1 point in armor, i was surprised that any, and i mean ANY shot or explosion would KILL me instantly! Whether it grazed a wall or hit me, the first contact to anything was death. That is a bit ridiculous i could imagine a direct hit killing me instantly but not a wall shot. I also think speed could be more viable if it helped reduce the cooldown of your weapons (lets face it, for speed you usually sacrifice armor, so the survivability does not get better, thus it should be a balance between offense and defense :) )

Great work!

Heh, the weapons reminds me of a lovely game ... The Future Cop. Actually, I think they are copied from that. Nevertheless nice map.
Whoa! I'm not the only one who played that game? Awesome!
It's true though, some of the weapons is heavily inspired by the weapons in Future Cop.

I'm basically playing Wc3 only coz of this map xD .
xD

Level 11
Add option where host can start the game. Some people are dumb...
Add small icon to his nick when player is ready. Similar like host has, the star. So we know who is ready.

Gameplay and smoothness has increased drastically. Good Job.

Level 9
I'm with those who said in similar context: this needs to be a director cut. I just played some games via LAN with my brother and some other friends (it was virtual LAN) with everyone's ping at about 35; most fun using Warcraft 3 in a long ass time. The interface, destructible terrain pieces, weapon pickups, pre-game lobby and setting adjustment - everything - was just pure awesome.

6/5.

Level 1
This game was reaaaally boring.

All it was, was about who could press the W key more, or who had armor and power maxed.

Sure it looked good, but a game needs actual gameplay to back it up...

And a tank cannon that could shoot 50 rounds in a second? That was just bullcrap.

Level 3
Everything's a bit cool.
Jerky why the tank jumps. COOL.
Has this stopped updating ?
Needs more features.