• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Marshal Reginald Windsor 1.5

While not the top ranking officer in the Stormwind Army, the Marshal commands regional garrisons and leads armies. Marshal Reginald Windsor was no exception. He commanded the Stormwind forces based in the Burning Steppes, part of his ancestral homeland. After the disappearance of Varian Wrynn, he was tasked with investigating the matter and uncovered the sinister machinations of Katrana Prestor, aka Onyxia. Wielding Ironfoe, a legendary Dark Iron hammer, he forged a path of blood for the glory of Stormwind. Will this valiant warrior venture into the Blackrock mountain, uncover the truth of his king's disappearance, and have his revenge upon the black dragonflight? Or perhaps this dedicated protector will take a more pastoral journey through the kingdom, bringing order and justice to the land.

This bundle contains a model, portrait model, buttons, and custom textures edited by Symphoneum from Blizzard assets. This model also features a custom hammer made by the folks at Chronicles of the Second War for the Ironforge priest. If you have a moment, check out their project! It's pretty cool and the Orc Campaign is available as well as numerous open source assets.

The intention of this model is to be used as a warrior hero, rather than a paladin. However, there are paladin animations attached.

UPDATES
1/21/2024
- 1.5 update with animation fixes and geoset additions by @Fugrim, as well as FaceFX integration. Additional optimization done to the textures by @Mr Ogre man.
2/03/2024
- updated look for version 1
- added multiple cinematic animations for both version 1 and 1.5
- added attack 2 & attack defend 2

These models were created using the Retera Model Studio. All geosets and textures are from Warcraft 3: Reforged with the exception of the Ironforge Priest hammer (Chronicles of the Second War project, made by @Moonman and @ShadiHD). Textures were edited in GIMP by Symphoneum. Animations are from Magroth the Defender. Please credit Symphoneum if used in a project. Feel free to use the model as you see fit and have fun!
Previews
Contents

Marshal Reginald Windsor (Model)

Marshal Reginald Windsor Icons (Icon)

Marshal Reginald Windsor Portrait (Model)

Reginald Windsor 1.5 (Model)

Reginald Windsor 1.5 Icons (Icon)

Reginald Windsor Portrait 1.5 (Model)

Reviews
Ardenaso
Works fine without any issues. APPROVED and RECOMMENDED. For HIGH QUALITY: give him bloodsplats on death, and as well as Spell Slam, and Attack Slam and perhaps Attack Spell Slam Shield animations
Hello again!
Sorry just saw a small issue with his shield & armband.It's not something major
While I was playing around with the model I notice that the shield armband goes in the hand not around it.No sure if it's an easy fix :(
View attachment 394457
Unfortunately that is not an easy fix. I have found with this that either you have the band unattached to the shield or you have this. It is very tricky to get the armband to align perfectly. I got it the best that it could, though, with what we were given.

Level 35
Unfortunately that is not an easy fix. I have found with this that either you have the band unattached to the shield or you have this. It is very tricky to get the armband to align perfectly. I got it the best that it could, though, with what we were given.
I see.
Yea this issue with the armband I've seen it on all the models which use shield.
This is monstly due to how blizzard made the original models from what I saw.
The original footman and captain plus the paladin heroes that use shield have this same issue
Most people choise is to keep it like that or remove de first armband.

Only models which I found that have a good armband are the elf swordman & elf lieutenant but both of these have skinny arm and not so much armor of the glove so the armband does not need to be stretched
The only human character which I found to have an working armband is the model for Sir Gregory Edmunson from the original models but the hand which uses the shield is without armore just the glove which makes it easy for the armband to fit

Last edited:
I see.
Yea this issue with the armband I've seen it on all the models which use shield.
This is monstly due to how blizzard made the original models from what I saw.
The original footman and captain plus the paladin heroes that use shield have this same issue
Most people choise is to keep it like that or remove de first armband.

Only models which I found that have a good armband are the elf swordman & elf lieutenant but both of these have skinny arm and not so much armor of the glove so the armband does not need to be stretched
The only human character which I found to have an working armband is the model for Lord Nicholas Buzan from the original models
The original footmen and captain's arm bands work too but I switched the side he's carrying the shield as well so that's a compounding issue. I did try making it big enough to go over but the texture stretched out and the strap got in the way of the animations. It's too bad but that's kinda just how it is. I'll see if I can work in a fix for the revamp, though.

Level 35
The original footmen and captain's arm bands work too but I switched the side he's carrying the shield as well so that's a compounding issue. I did try making it big enough to go over but the texture stretched out and the strap got in the way of the animations. It's too bad but that's kinda just how it is. I'll see if I can work in a fix for the revamp, though.
Thank you!
This is now also a reason for me to learn how to modify models.
Mostly to fix issues with original reforged models
I looked alot on all the existing models original or custom made and mostly all have an issue with the armband from the shield.
I remembered Jailor Keisan recently and figured his model might work and I found this :D
1643964459626.png

Not even holds the correct armband :D

Level 35
Actually those are not bloodspats. That the blood that appear on the ground
I think he means the bloodspat that goes off when a unit dies (on death animations)
Those are usually SPNx(something)
1706875576115.png

The SPNx is the blood that goes off when the unit dies.
The SPLx is the blood that appears on the ground after the units dies.

Actually those are not bloodspats. That the blood that appear on the ground
I think he means the bloodspat that goes off when a unit dies (on death animations)
Those are usually SPNx(something)
View attachment 460519
The SPNx is the blood that goes off when the unit dies.
The SPLx is the blood that appears on the ground after the units dies.
We talked it over on discord already.

SPL is a splat, hence the abbreviation. SPN is a spawn object. I will check that node. The reason he wasn't seeing blood at all was due to graphical settings. He was not seeing blood on the ground or anything.

Edit - I checked several human hero models and none of them have SPN nodes. Therefore, I would surmise that the SPN node is not required for a hero. Furthermore, looking over the SPN models they are all specific to a unit, with the exception of a few generic large blood models.

Last edited:
Level 35
We talked it over on discord already.

SPL is a splat, hence the abbreviation. SPN is a spawn object. I will check that node. The reason he wasn't seeing blood at all was due to graphical settings. He was not seeing blood on the ground or anything.

Edit - I checked several human hero models and none of them have SPN nodes. Therefore, I would surmise that the SPN node is not required for a hero. Furthermore, looking over the SPN models they are all specific to a unit, with the exception of a few generic large blood models.
Ah ok so the discussion was about the SPL the blood that appears on the ground
Well I really do not see the logic of it appearing when the hero dissipates he does not stay dead as units do.
I gave him both death/dissipate and death flesh & bone in case people want him to be a demi hero.
When judging him consider those facts. Also SPNx might be just for units but it's a cool thing to have when dying makes more sense then for the SPL to be on the groung do you not think?
Also, he has SPLx active. I just checked him. version 1 and 1.5 as a hero
1706915368296.png

Ah ok so the discussion was about the SPL the blood that appears on the ground
Well I really do not see the logic of it appearing when the hero dissipates he does not stay dead as units do.
I gave him both death/dissipate and death flesh & bone in case people want him to be a demi hero.
When judging him consider those facts. Also SPNx might be just for units but it's a cool thing to have when dying makes more sense then for the SPL to be on the groung do you not think?
Also, he has SPLx active. I just checked him. version 1 and 1.5 as a hero
View attachment 460570
I prefer keeping with the conventions of the base game. That way my custom models fit with the vanilla models. I also checked the version and figured out with @Ardenaso that it was the graphical settings he was using that were the issue, not the model.