1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Mario World Xtreme Beta

Submitted by ImmoWisp
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
So here it is, THE Mario Jump&Run for Warcraft 3 : The Frozen Throne...
Mario sounds, Mario music, Mario models and even Mario arrow key gameplay are just some of the features of Mario World Xtreme which is playable with up to 6 players at LAN and Battle.Net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsG6U85DmZE&fmt=18

The map contains four very different levels and one boss level, player red can simply change the levels by typing the level password in the chat.
official password list
"big fat castle" - Level 2
"playing with fire" - Level 3
"blub blub blub" -Level 4
"bowser must die" - boss level

The unprotected version of this map can be downloaded here

If you host this map at Battle.Net, you should be patient with downloaders due to the big file size of the map (~3,0 MegaByte). In addition to that, you should use a delay reducer, because the standard latency of 250 in Battle.Net (and even 100 in LAN) is much too high for a arrow key movement system. I suggest a delay between 50-100.

skins/models by: Dan van Ohllus, Werewulf, GreyArchon, doom_legion, FreiBier, Callahan, Olof Moleman
Mario/Luigi model by Unknown, animations by shinigami12

Please keep in mind that this is only a beta version, you may mail any bugs or suggestions to JohannFoerster@gmx.de

Screenshots

[pimage=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41174d1225494976-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-1.jpg]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41174d1225494976t-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-1.jpg[/pimage][pimage=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41175d1225494976-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-2.jpg]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41175d1225494976t-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-2.jpg[/pimage][pimage=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41176d1225494976-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-3.jpg]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41176d1225494976t-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-3.jpg[/pimage][pimage=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41177d1225494976-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-4.jpg]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41177d1225494976t-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-4.jpg[/pimage][pimage=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41178d1225494976-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-5.jpg]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41178d1225494976t-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-5.jpg[/pimage]

Changelog
v1.06:
-map works with wc3:tft version 1.23 at Battle.Net/LAN now
-replaced Mario/Luigi (model by Unknown, animations by shinigami12)
-reduced file size by 200KB

v1.05 (hotfix):
-increased shark's and bullet bill's attack range
-fixed broken internet links, uploaded everything to hiveworkshop because my old webspace is down

v1.04:
-added lives-system
-slightly changed interface, showing number of monsters killed as gold, number of lives as wood and level number as food;
-fixed minor level 2 terrain bug that occured if number of players was 4
-uploaded a protected version to reduce file size by 200kb! The unprotected version can also be downloaded at hiveworkshop (yes, it stays open source - human knowledge belongs to the world! )

v1.03:
-fixed level 4 glitch (thanks to ThatGuy43 for reporting!!)
-fixed level 4 player 2-6 bullet bill bug

v1.02:
-corrected position of the last pipe at level 1
-created and added arrow model for level 2 pipes
-changed position of level 4 cannon pipes closer to the other pipes, because they were not meant to block
-reduced map's file size by converting wav->mp3

v1.01:
-fixed koopa shell bug
-fixed camera direction bug which occured in multiplayer when a player left
-hopefully fixed pipe jumping bug in multiplayer which made Mario still keep his height after leaving a pipe
-corrected level 2 pipe (side) position at the beginning
-added kick option for player 1 (red) (press ESC)

Keywords:
mario, jump and run
Contents

Mario World Xtreme Beta (Map)

Reviews
14:52, 3rd Feb 2009 MasterHaosis: Nice Mario map. [APPROVED]
  1. duke-zip

duke-zip

Resources:
    Resources:
    It would be cool if u add modes :p. So then we could get a more challenging game. Like normal/hard. I also still wish there were some power ups and strategy for some levels :|.

2. ImmoWisp

ImmoWisp

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lives have been added now. I already finished version 1.04 in impossible mode ( 1 life ) in about 8 minutes, the replay can be downloaded here. I will make a multiboard now and a score system (giving bonusses depending on how fast someone finishes a level). Also, I will try to improve the movement system and terrain and when I'm done with that and no bugs were found, I maybe add more levels :) But since I am very busy with studying at the moment, this can take a lot of time until it's done. I hope I will be finished before Duke Nukem forever is released. Stay tuned :)

Edit: I uploaded screenshots for this map here to reduce the traffic of my private webspace... I hope I can prevent it from stopping service next month this way.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  3. scorre

scorre

Resources:
    Resources:
    SO FUN!!!! i've cleared the map. the Water map was so cool but a little bit hard The first lvl is to easy and set 0.1 sek cooldown att the jump because first level can you jump over all things and dont die. 10/5

4. w0ldemord

w0ldemord

Resources:
    Resources:
    best map mario

bes map of mario 10/5 :thumbs_up:

5. Jack_Sparrow93

Jack_Sparrow93

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A really nice map, but I think u should add a death animation to the brown units (I dunno what they are called), just some blood or whatever.

4.5/5

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  6. Alex303

Alex303

Resources:
    Resources:
    [+] Really good and funny map.

[-] The arrow keys don't function sometimes and I need to press them two times if I want to run in the other direction. (I lost about 40 lives because of that.)

4/5 until this is fixed (then 5/5).

7. noob134

noob134

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    very nice i suggest adding a death animation to the little brown guys im not sure what they are called so it looks like they are squished not just removed from game just a suggestion

8. xzero

xzero

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes the arrow keys stick for some reason and it makes this map very hard.

9. DPL

DPL

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yay mario!

10. Dragon9560

Dragon9560

Resources:
    Resources:
    like it. whenever you make new levels?

11. rover2341

rover2341

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Very Cool map.
    I Enjoyed Watching the Video very much.

12. Kazemaru

Kazemaru

Resources:
    Resources:
    Units should realy have death animations: It would make them look so much better... Goombas just dissapear when you jump on one

13. KandyMan

KandyMan

Resources:
    Resources:
    If it doesn't shows up....rename map(In Windows) because some maps doesn't show up if name is too long

14. XDogg

XDogg

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The mario and luigi in this map are outstanding.. I thought for sure the file would be large but it isn't.. It is too bad the creator didn't upload them here.. A+ pro models

15. Andykiller

Andykiller

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Map is Hard (Because There is No Mushrooms ext.), There is Not a Lot of levels, and a lot of Gliches
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Other Than That if is FUN 4/5

16. Opthomas Prime

Opthomas Prime

Resources:
    Resources:
    FireFlowers?

17. Chenzi420666

Chenzi420666

Resources:
    Resources:
    what the hell? even a gamer knows that bowser dosent go to heaven he goes to hell XD i saw that video and thought "nice map" true question is will you make a remake of that 7 star rpg?

18. Horselord12

Horselord12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice Map. 5/5

19. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  20. Sirmarkis29

Sirmarkis29