• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

March of the Horde v1.2

Heron Presents

March of the Horde
V 1.2

An Orc Campaign

A campaign about Thrall and his Horde. As opposed to my first campaign - The Human, this campaign differentiates from the Orc campaign in RoC, involving the meeting with the Trolls, Taurens and the Goblins... and the battles against the Humans and the Demons.

Importent to know
  • My Orc campaign is a continuation of my first campaign - Destiny of Lordaeron, and it's alternate from RoC, so because of that some things are different from the original, like - The model of Grom (that I think is much better than the original), names of abilities (Roar to Howl - fitting for wolves. Bush to Static - Thrall electrocutes his enemies, he doesn't stun them.) and more things that I want to give here so we have something else from what we know.
  • My campaigns - Humans and Orcs are not in the timeline of RoC.
  • BTW, If you consider playing this campaign, I recommend you to play my human campaign first - Destiny of Lordaeron. This will help you understand the story that I created for the humans and the orcs, and maybe in the future the other races.

Story

After King Terenas gave the order regarding the orcs, many of them were defeated or expelled from Lordaeron.
In the meantime, a young Warchief named Thrall wants something else for his Horde, a place they can call their home.
Alongside his orcs army, Thrall will face the bastard Humans, the Night Elfs and the mighty Demons, as each of them attempts to destroy the future of the Horde.

Change Log

General
- All chapters buttons are invisible
- The ramps in the Chapters are fixed
- Made QWERT hotkeys for unit spells
Chapter 1
- The name of the quest - Reach Grom, changed to Gather Army
- Orc Chieftain's name changed to Gar'thok
- Changed the orcs units in the cinematics after the battle against Gar'thok
Chapter 2
- Changed the name of Troll Scout to Raptor Raider

- The allies trolls will not attack the mad trolls
- After killing the boss of the green trolls, they will change to good
Chapter 3
- Changed the mana cost of Dash and Bone Crusher to 85
- Samuro will can't use in Wind Walk
- Increased the hit points of Dark Revenant from 3000 to 4500
- Increased the mana points of Dark Revenant from 1000 to 1500

Chapter 4
- Heroes now gain experience form neutral units
- Changes the description of the spell - Fire Pillar
- Changed Shandris's model
Chapter 5
- Changed the AI attack of the the Night Elfs
- Decreased the hit points of Nexus Gate from 1500 to 1000
Chapter 6
- Fixed Units selected during the end cinematic scene
Chapter 7
- Increased the hit points of Kor'gall from 4000 to 5000
- Increased the mana points of Kor'gall from 1000 to 1500
- Kor'gall's attack changed from 70 to 75
- Added more spells to Kor'gall
- Decreased the number of the restoration runes in the battle against Kor'gall from 4 to 2
Chapter 8
- Broadened a little the entrance in the orcs base
Chapter 9
(Changed to Chapter 9 - Part One)
- Fixed the cinematics scene
- Fixed the AI demons attack
- Increased the hit points of Kaz'rogal from 5000 to 7500
- Increased the attack 1 of Kaz'rogal to 70 and attack 2 to 85
Chapter 10
(Changed to Chapter 9 - Part Two)
- Increased the hit points of Mannoroth from 20000 to 25000
- Increased the mana points of Kor'gall from 2000 to 3000
- Added the Spell Immunity to Mannoroth

General
- Added a new model - Flamethrower Machine
- Added a new building - Launcher
- Changed the abilities of Fel Shaman - Flame Shield to Flame Shell and Fel Bloodlust to Hydra Ward
- Changed the models of Fel Grunt and Fel Raider
- Changed the model of Drek'Thar
- Changed the of Thrall
- Changed the icon of Grom
- Changed the icon and model of Nazgrel
- Changed the icon of the ability - Lightning Hammer
- Increased the hit point of Fel Kodo Beast from 1000 to 1200
- Changed the icon and model of Crossbowman
- The Quests fixed
- Changed the icon and model of Baron Modi
Chapter 1
- Changed the part with Gar'Thok
Chapter 3
- Changed the icon and model of Deathlord
- Increased the hit points of Dark Revenant from 4500 to 5000
- Decreased the mana points of Dark Revenant from 1500 to 1000
Chapter 4
- Changed a little bit the base of Drek'Thar and the part with the Taurens
Chapter 5
- Added a side quest
Chapter 7
- Fixed the battle with Kor'gall
- Fixed the quest with Bloodfeather

- Decreased the mana points of Kor'gall from 1500 to 1000
- Kor'gall's attack changed from 75 to 70

Screenshots

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Credits

Championfighter25 - campaign's testers
Blizzard Entertainment
johnwar
Rhapsodie
Snirou
Ceterai
induwer
Murlocologist
Scias
Tauer
DeAtH._.KiTtY - campaign's testers
Ujimasa Hoso
kangyun
loktara
Stefan.K
67chrome
PeeKay
Mr.Goblin
SinisterX
Sellenisko
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Frankster
Dark_Dragon
Darkfang
NaserKingArthas
Sclammerz
Edge45
The Panda
UgoUgo
paladinjst
MatiS
NFWar
Eagle XI
Windrunner29
Sin'dorei300
eubz
General Frank
Heinvers
Shar Dundred
Turnro
tomoraider
Warseeker

If I missed someone, please PM me and I'll add you.

Bugs

1) Thrall's attacks can't break crates/barrels, because of the change of his Weapon Type from Missile to Missile (Splash).

2) The loading screens of chapters 2 and 3, and the interlude are problematic. I used the loading screens from the Exodus of the Horde campaign .
But still, I don't know why it changes all the time.

3) In chapter 3 I didn't succeed in writing how many enemies are left for the quest - Purify, or how many parts the orb are in this chapter.

4) I still learn how to make cinematic scenes to be skipped.

Feel free to report any bugs, tips or suggestions!
Contents

March of the Horde (Campaign)

Reviews
Warseeker
Hey @HERON. First of, I would like to thank you for the amazing work that you've put into this campaign, it's a real masterpiece. I've had so much fun playing it. This is by far the best alternative to the RoC orc campaign. I like the way you added...
deepstrasz
All maps are available/visible from the start in the campaign menu. [/spoiler] First, the bugs have to be fixed. Please try to learn how to make cinematic scenes to be skipped. It's not rocket science (Making Cinematics...
Level 7
I lose my items every chapter
And my levels keep changing every chapter too

Last edited:
Level 23
I lose my items every chapter
And my levels keep changing every chapter too
This kind of issue happens when playing on an incorrect patch.

You can normally see the patch used to make maps/campaigns in the section above the comments.
upload_2020-10-25_13-23-35.png

Though the 1.24-1.28 is not helpful, since that range is huge, and using 1.24 on a 1.28 made map would very likely bug.
The key thing is maps are forward compatible, so its safe to just use a newest patch which can guarantee it will be work.
But, the newest versions of Wc3, 1.29, 1.30 and 1.31, were all made in a rush to complete reforged, and so are extremely bugged in my opinion. The only way deal with this issue is to hope that custom campaigns are released back into 1.32+, and that map makers actually use it, or else these patch-related bug questions are going to continue haunt the comment section of all maps/campagins.

Level 5
Hello there, I finished your campaign and I must say that you improved a lot since your human campaign, I made a tiny review for each chapter:
  1. Chapter 1: I like that you just jump straight to gameplay, without an introduction to the campaign, well, because we mainly know how the RoC campaign goes, I like the change for Grom, his new model and the changes from agility to strength, at the end of the chapter the crusader are very tough, Thrall keeps in the middle of the fight and the AI targets him.
  2. Chapter 2: I guess this is the chapter I liked less, once you finish the side quest, the enemy trolls become allies, I found 2 turtles in the river, is there a way to reach them?.
  3. Chapter 3: I also didn't like this mission, it feels that you made the temple in a form you filled the dimensions of the map, instead of doing it a more versatile map, I liked the ghost elemental, that slow aura is very original and OP.
  4. Interlude 1: I only found weird that the humans and the orcs have the same color, then change color mid cinematic, also cool Sen'jin model.
  5. Chapter 4: The custom models of the murlocs and the critters, I had a problem though, the regions that detect all the heroes are too small and don't activate to continue the main quest (also happened in chapter 3).
  6. Chapter 5: One of my favorite maps, you put a lot of effort in the terrain design, the unique fountains and moon well that are only aesthetic, though the wisps can repair the night elf houses and the nexus gate really fast.
  7. Chapter 6: Amazing chapter, the way you designed this map for the fel orcs feels more interesting, with the fel chaman and the flying unit, I guess even better than the original mission from RoC.
  8. Interlude 2: All I have to say is the cool models you got for Veressa the high elf, Modi the dwarf and Caldwell the human
  9. Chapter 7: Didn't understand how to beat the ogre boss, had to cheat because thrall being a range hero, didn't level his defensive skills, cheated my way to victory in the arena; the ogres keep punching my hero in the middle of the cutscenes, the goblins like new units are versatile.
  10. Chapter 8: Really good chapter, where the consequences from the centaur and harpies help the enemy, it was very easy if you micro the heroes a bit, but I noticed that once at the time to destroy the enemy bases, you get a barrack that can only produce catapults, but they need food to produce and I don't have pig farms to produce.
  11. Interlude 3: Nazgrel has a unique design, which is cool, I noticed that you also improved your skill to develop cutscenes.
  12. Chapter 9 (part 1): A good idea could be that you could give the choice to let your allies be controlled by an AI or give the control to you, because 4 heroes at max level do pretty much everything without the need of regular units.
  13. Chapter 9 (part 2): A little more of cutscenes would've been cool, I mean ,there is a message that says that the campaign lacks the ending cinematic.

Overall:

- You improved a lot in terrain design.
- There are a lot of custom models, that surely you took the time to choose them.
- I like how you decide which spells and the icons for those spells for every hero, do you program them?, also you changed the stats ability that were in the human campaign, and added one more spell in every hero.
- Every hero has a passive skill, which is nice.
- Making every spell click like QWER is very useful, that was a good idea.

I didn't find gamebreaking bugs, that's cool .

5/5 played on version 1,27b.

EDIT: I also saw that you made and undead campaign, are you planing on doing a night elf campaign?

Last edited:
Level 13
Hello there, I finished your campaign and I must say that you improved a lot since your human campaign, I made a tiny review for each chapter:
  1. Chapter 1: I like that you just jump straight to gameplay, without an introduction to the campaign, well, because we mainly know how the RoC campaign goes, I like the change for Grom, his new model and the changes from agility to strength, at the end of the chapter the crusader are very tough, Thrall keeps in the middle of the fight and the AI targets him.
  2. Chapter 2: I guess this is the chapter I liked less, once you finish the side quest, the enemy trolls become allies, I found 2 turtles in the river, is there a way to reach them?.
  3. Chapter 3: I also didn't like this mission, it feels that you made the temple in a form you filled the dimensions of the map, instead of doing it a more versatile map, I liked the ghost elemental, that slow aura is very original and OP.
  4. Interlude 1: I only found weird that the humans and the orcs have the same color, then change color mid cinematic, also cool Sen'jin model.
  5. Chapter 4: The custom models of the murlocs and the critters, I had a problem though, the regions that detect all the heroes are too small and don't activate to continue the main quest (also happened in chapter 3).
  6. Chapter 5: One of my favorite maps, you put a lot of effort in the terrain design, the unique fountains and moon well that are only aesthetic, though the wisps can repair the night elf houses and the nexus gate really fast.
  7. Chapter 6: Amazing chapter, the way you designed this map for the fel orcs feels more interesting, with the fel chaman and the flying unit, I guess even better than the original mission from RoC.
  8. Interlude 2: All I have to say is the cool models you got for Veressa the high elf, Modi the dwarf and Caldwell the human
  9. Chapter 7: Didn't understand how to beat the ogre boss, had to cheat because thrall being a range hero, didn't level his defensive skills, cheated my way to victory in the arena; the ogres keep punching my hero in the middle of the cutscenes, the goblins like new units are versatile.
  10. Chapter 8: Really good chapter, where the consequences from the centaur and harpies help the enemy, it was very easy if you micro the heroes a bit, but I noticed that once at the time to destroy the enemy bases, you get a barrack that can only produce catapults, but they need food to produce and I don't have pig farms to produce.
  11. Interlude 3: Nazgrel has a unique design, which is cool, I noticed that you also improved your skill to develop cutscenes.
  12. Chapter 9 (part 1): A good idea could be that you could give the choice to let your allies be controlled by an AI or give the control to you, because 4 heroes at max level do pretty much everything without the need of regular units.
  13. Chapter 9 (part 2): A little more of cutscenes would've been cool, I mean ,there is a message that says that the campaign lacks the ending cinematic.

Overall:

- You improved a lot in terrain design.
- There are a lot of custom models, that surely you took the time to choose them.
- I like how you decide which spells and the icons for those spells for every hero, do you program them?, also you changed the stats ability that were in the human campaign, and added one more spell in every hero.
- Every hero has a passive skill, which is nice.
- Making every spell click like QWER is very useful, that was a good idea.

I didn't find gamebreaking bugs, that's cool .

5/5 played on version 1,27b.

EDIT: I also saw that you made and undead campaign, are you planing on doing a night elf campaign?

First of all, thank you for your reviews, it's very importent for me :)
Secondly, my idea was to make a demon campaign and then a night elf campaign, but most the people here moved to reforged, so I think that I will wait to the custem campaign in reforged and then I will make them

My English isn't good enough, sorry

Level 2
I stuck in the chapter 3. After opening the final gate in the temple, i dont see anything but there is an invisible creature attacking me. Please help!

Ann

Ann

Level 3
So, do you finish epilogue yet? Last time replayed again was dissapointed, i hate to said that, but im sorry for that, im just curious what your epilogue scene gonna be.

Level 13
So, do you finish epilogue yet? Last time replayed again was dissapointed, i hate to said that, but im sorry for that, im just curious what your epilogue scene gonna be.

Sorry about that, but I didn't finish the epilogue, I want to make a something like fortress for the Horde, but I didn't find resources (walls, gates, etc) for this.

Level 3
This is my review.

1. History: Another story a thousand times told, orcs, humans and a bunch of demons.

2. Maps: I would define them as a succession of colored corridors, because in the end almost everything is corridor.

3. Gameplay: There is nothing remarkable, on many occasions it becomes quite monotonous.

4. Personalization: If there is a customization work, models, icons and some skills.

It would be very refreshing to meet characters other than those of the official lore...

Level 13
This is my review.

1. History: Another story a thousand times told, orcs, humans and a bunch of demons.

2. Maps: I would define them as a succession of colored corridors, because in the end almost everything is corridor.

3. Gameplay: There is nothing remarkable, on many occasions it becomes quite monotonous.

4. Personalization: If there is a customization work, models, icons and some skills.

It would be very refreshing to meet characters other than those of the official lore...

First of all, thank you for your review, I respect that.
Secondly, I didn't say that all my campaigns are different from the original, only alternative with a few things that I used, like my other campaigns - Destiny of Lordaeron and Rise ot the Damned.

*When I will start with the new campaign, I will try to make a new maps and gameplay, but it's going to take a long time...

Level 1
I don't know why but in the fourth mission Cairne is invisible to me, luckily he is a hero so I can still select and use him by clicking the hero portrait, however its stll annoying to not being able to select him normally and see him, mostly because i cant control his hp fine.
I'm using quenching mod to play custom campaigns on classic graphics since i didnt buy reforged, so it may cause it, however as i said its still playable since it didnt happen to any other unit.

Level 19
The Campaign is fun, but the triggers are broken, mate. I can't proceed with chapter 3. Was there supposed to be a boss fight or something???

Level 28
The Campaign is fun, but the triggers are broken, mate. I can't proceed with chapter 3. Was there supposed to be a boss fight or something???
You mean the "broken triggers" during the gameplay, which prevented you for advancing to the next chapters?

Before asking about detailed problems, you must check out the game version of Warcraft III you are currently using. If you are using the latest patches beyond 1.29, this is the main reason the problem occurs. If you attempt to save your progress using "Load-Save" feature, you might risk of being stuck at one chapter.

Level 13
And I thank you for creating it and YES I enjoyed it to such an extent that I put it among my favorites.

1-2 days ago I watched a gameplay from your last campaign at a level which, according to some of the people who played the game, is quite difficult. There are certain similarities with the campaigns you have created so far, but it seems that with the March of the Horde you managed to shape your style of creating campaigns, which at least to me seems very similar to a part of the campaigns created for Wc3 versions up to 1.19 mainly:
  • strong enemy units that require sustained hitting
  • rugged terrain with many twists, turns, descents and ascents
  • active opponents who, for better or worse, sometimes restore lost buildings and sometimes not. Specifically for MotH some completely destroyed buildings are being rebuilt but I don't know what because I didn't give them a chance to fully build them. I finished the game on Normal difficulty so that's how it turned out - with a very decent number of restarts :psmile:! I made a note to myself next time I play it on Hard difficulty to be very careful.
  • no long descriptions in Chapter loading screen
  • with a greater number of additional Notes of what to do and possibly what will happen to the items for example if you leave them in the wrong hero or unit

• with mainly one or two main quests which are subsequently gradually updated. My idea here is that there is an element of surprise, i.e. the quest is not strictly fixed from beginning to end, but develops later
I like all of that.

About MotH:

I liked the story. It could be told better, but whatever. There are many lines that I have seen in many places, there are also over-the-top lines, there are also exclamations that are supposed to create a humorous note, but to me they sound neither funny nor relevant. I liked Korgal's lines the most - somehow accurate and at the same time very real and on point.

In Enemy Land I think it was called - the level where you fight bears and elves all the time was the most problematic for me (before Grom and Samuro drink from the corrupted fountain). The items that store the character have always been important, but I couldn't finish this level until now because I didn't give Grom and Samuro the items with which they could withstand this strain. With the right special items the level becomes quite interesting and is passable by not very experienced players like me. It's a shame they lose them later. On that note, Finger of Death: there are units at this level that you haven't marked as invulnerable to magic, and it doesn't deal any damage even though you can mark them with it. Forest Shield gives +5 armor but does not actually count them in the character's status. I neglected to look at whether it accounted for the item's other characteristics in the status. The 5 piece orb that Thrall collects you could add to his description that it allows attacking flying units.

Heroes: I don't know if the original idea was to be able to beat the whole map only with heroes, but on Normal difficulty that's how it goes. Maybe on Hard things will look more balanced. We will see.

Surprises: Several times the game surprised me very abruptly, which accordingly led to a Restart: for example, the meeting with Korgal's people before the battle with him (I must be getting this character's name wrong, but you know who I'm talking about).

Items, icons, hero abilities: I don't know if they have been around since the beginning or if they were added in the last 1-2 (or 3) years but 5+

Everything else I noticed is trifles and not worth paying attention to.

And in this campaign, there are many opportunities for improvements and correction of shortcomings, but even if this does not happen, I am still very satisfied. A very good second work with an upgrade in game difficulty compared to your first Human campaign.

Played on 1.30 with no gross or critical errors.

Last edited:
Level 13
And I thank you for creating it and YES I enjoyed it to such an extent that I put it among my favorites.

1-2 days ago I watched a gameplay from your last campaign at a level which, according to some of the people who played the game, is quite difficult. There are certain similarities with the campaigns you have created so far, but it seems that with the March of the Horde you managed to shape your style of creating campaigns, which at least to me seems very similar to a part of the campaigns created for Wc3 versions up to 1.19 mainly:
  • strong enemy units that require sustained hitting
  • rugged terrain with many twists, turns, descents and ascents
  • active opponents who, for better or worse, sometimes restore lost buildings and sometimes not. Specifically for MotH some completely destroyed buildings are being rebuilt but I don't know what because I didn't give them a chance to fully build them. I finished the game on Normal difficulty so that's how it turned out - with a very decent number of restarts :psmile:! I made a note to myself next time I play it on Hard difficulty to be very careful.
  • no long descriptions in Chapter loading screen
  • with a greater number of additional Notes of what to do and possibly what will happen to the items for example if you leave them in the wrong hero or unit

• with mainly one or two main quests which are subsequently gradually updated. My idea here is that there is an element of surprise, i.e. the quest is not strictly fixed from beginning to end, but develops later
I like all of that.

About MotH:

I liked the story. It could be told better, but whatever. There are many lines that I have seen in many places, there are also over-the-top lines, there are also exclamations that are supposed to create a humorous note, but to me they sound neither funny nor relevant. I liked Korgal's lines the most - somehow accurate and at the same time very real and on point.

In Enemy Land I think it was called - the level where you fight bears and elves all the time was the most problematic for me (before Grom and Samuro drink from the corrupted fountain). The items that store the character have always been important, but I couldn't finish this level until now because I didn't give Grom and Samuro the items with which they could withstand this strain. With the right special items the level becomes quite interesting and is passable by not very experienced players like me. It's a shame they lose them later. On that note, Finger of Death: there are units at this level that you haven't marked as invulnerable to magic, and it doesn't deal any damage even though you can mark them with it. Forest Shield gives +5 armor but does not actually count them in the character's status. I neglected to look at whether it accounted for the item's other characteristics in the status. The 5 piece orb that Thrall collects you could add to his description that it allows attacking flying units.

Heroes: I don't know if the original idea was to be able to beat the whole map only with heroes, but on Normal difficulty that's how it goes. Maybe on Hard things will look more balanced. We will see.

Surprises: Several times the game surprised me very abruptly, which accordingly led to a Restart: for example, the meeting with Korgal's people before the battle with him (I must be getting this character's name wrong, but you know who I'm talking about).

Items, icons, hero abilities: I don't know if they have been around since the beginning or if they were added in the last 1-2 (or 3) years but 5+

Everything else I noticed is trifles and not worth paying attention to.

And in this campaign, there are many opportunities for improvements and correction of shortcomings, but even if this does not happen, I am still very satisfied. A very good second work with an upgrade in game difficulty compared to your first Human campaign.

Played on 1.30 with no gross or critical errors.

Hi, I'm glad you liked the campaign.

In general I intend to update all my campaigns before I start a new campaign.
But just so you know, in my campaigns there is no possibility to change the difficulty level, I didn't make something like that in the trigger, maybe in the future I'll add...

Level 13
Hi, I'm glad you liked the campaign.

In general I intend to update all my campaigns before I start a new campaign.
But just so you know, in my campaigns there is no possibility to change the difficulty level, I didn't make something like that in the trigger, maybe in the future I'll add...

Yes, I know there is no option to choose difficulty but I think changing the difficulty of the main Wc3 campaign is affected in some way more or less. It's possible I'm wrong. I'll figure that out later :psmile:

Level 3
Hi there, im using 1.29 but the file shows up as "Just Another Warcraft 3 campaign" should i be using a different version? (ive reinstalled everything multiple times) - edit, only the other map shows up now as well

Attachments

• image_2023-08-30_091417374.png
    image_2023-08-30_091417374.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 6
  • WC3ScrnShot_083023_091140_02.png
    WC3ScrnShot_083023_091140_02.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Level 13
Hi there, im using 1.29 but the file shows up as "Just Another Warcraft 3 campaign" should i be using a different version? (ive reinstalled everything multiple times)

I can't understand what you are saying in your post. Take a screenshot of the problem and put it in your post - use the EDIT button below. Try downloading the campaign again first. Are you using any kind of Firefox browser? if YES - download the campaign again with another browser.

Last edited:
Level 3
I can't understand what you are saying in your post. Take a screenshot of the problem and put it in your post - use the EDIT button below. Try downloading the campaign again first. Are you using any kind of Firefox browser? if YES - download the campaign again with another browser.
updated it, and no i dont use firefox, and like i said ive tried redownloading at least 4-5 times ;-;

Last edited:
Level 13
View attachment 446731
The "Destiny of Lordaeron" is working, but "March of the Horde" is now showing this issue, ive redownloaded it a few times and that didnt work.

" While it is possible to have multiple versions of Warcraft III installed at the same time,
you might run into some issues due to incompatible registry keys. As such, if you use (or used) another
Warcraft III version, it's advised that you check the registry first by following these 3 simple steps:

- Press Windows Key + R, type in "regedit" (without quotes) and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- In the Registry Editor, nagivate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment.
- Look for folders: "Classic Launcher", "Warcraft III" and "WorldEdit".

Not all keys contained in these folders cause problems,
but to keep this guide simple - if you see any of these folders,
you can delete it completely as all the necessary keys will be
automatically recreated when the game starts.
It is recommended to do this before running any different Wc version. "

Start again 1.30.4.

Other things that are also nice to do:
  • prepatch again 1.26-27 if you have one
  • delete all saved files you have in the Profile Folder (for example sv1-game, sv2-game, etc.)
  • all logs and error reports in the Logs and Errors folders. All in folders Replay and ScreenShots too.

A complete cleaning of the system from unnecessary files and registries before all this with a program is the first thing you should do and Don't forget to restart your computer.

After all that, run 1.30.4 and you should be fine.

For the campaigns made for 1.29, I'm using 1.30.4 and haven't had any problems so far (unlike 1.29). For those made for 1.24-28 I use 1.27b and have had no problems either.

Last edited:
Level 28
RocketHops, next time you must ask these kind of question in this separate forum. Your post might risk of being moved by the moderator because it's not related to this campaign issues.

Hi there, im using 1.29 but the file shows up as "Just Another Warcraft 3 campaign" should i be using a different version? (ive reinstalled everything multiple times) - edit, only the other map shows up now as well
updated it, and no i dont use firefox, and like i said ive tried redownloading at least 4-5 times ;-;
View attachment 446731
The "Destiny of Lordaeron" is working, but "March of the Horde" is now showing this issue, ive redownloaded it a few times and that didnt work.
Not really a game version issues, but more likely, your download.
Hive uses a new mechanic of downloading the contents, where some people might run into this annoying issues (download sometimes stuck and always redirected to the download page instead of the download completion). If possible, you can use IDM to download those files from Hive. Just add W3X or W3N files like this (marked in brown box):
IDM Configuration.jpg
If not working, try downloading the files using the other browsers.

Also, make sure you check the file size for each downloads you have. If it's different than the original from Hive, there is a high chance the downloads will get corrupted.

If you still face this problems, I highly recommend following VanAndro's advices above. Try uninstalling the entire game, including the registries and the game data stored in "Documents/Warcraft III" and "Saved Games/Warcraft III". Try cleaning up the unnecessary system files. Make sure to restart your computer!

Soon after this should be a reinstallation of the game from the scratch. Try making a separate installs (1.27b, 1.30.4, 1.31.1). ONLY use 1.31.1 if some campaigns are intended for that version (Malfurion's Quest, Lordaeron's Destiny, etc). 1.30.4 is recommended for most campaigns made between 1.28 and 1.30, as well as better game experiences if you don't encounter bugs from 1.31.1.

Last, but not least, DO NOT HIT BATTLE.NET OR USE THE LAUNCHER AFTER THE GAME INSTALLATION!!! You'll get 1.36 (aka "Reforged") if you do this. Only start the game using "Warcraft III.exe", although for 1.27b, you can still use "Frozen Throne.exe".

Level 3
A bug report:
In mission "Enemies from Anywhere", once you kill that chieftain, it triggers win condition, but he has a revive, he revives. If you use whosyourdaddy cheat, you can quickly kill him again and he'll drop an item, but there's not enough time to pick it up, as the cutscene is just faster. When you don't cheat, he just revives.
I suggest removing his revive, so we can pick that item up.

Level 3
Also, any chance of giving Gorehowl to Grom Hellscream? It's a legendary item, and if thrall has Doomhammer as a weapon, why not Grom? It'd be fun and even made sense.

Level 26
I've got stuck in Chapter 5: In enemy land.

Situation: All night elves and Furbolgs is eradicated from the map, except the main Night Elf base, which is sealed with an unbreakable Demonic Gate (Seems protected by magic of some sort).

There is no indication what to do, other than "Discover the power" by main quest.
Yes, I discovered the Fountain of Blood, but I can't get in there by heroes.

Level 13
A bug report:
In mission "Enemies from Anywhere", once you kill that chieftain, it triggers win condition, but he has a revive, he revives. If you use whosyourdaddy cheat, you can quickly kill him again and he'll drop an item, but there's not enough time to pick it up, as the cutscene is just faster. When you don't cheat, he just revives.
I suggest removing his revive, so we can pick that item up.
I've got stuck in Chapter 5: In enemy land.

Situation: All night elves and Furbolgs is eradicated from the map, except the main Night Elf base, which is sealed with an unbreakable Demonic Gate (Seems protected by magic of some sort).

There is no indication what to do, other than "Discover the power" by main quest.
Yes, I discovered the Fountain of Blood, but I can't get in there by heroes.

I don't recall having a problem with these chapters, but I'll check it out.

Level 26
I don't recall having a problem with these chapters, but I'll check it out.
It's my fault: the building was shown what to destroy to open the gate.

Chapter 9 - Brothers' War Part 1

After the chapter introduction cinematic, when the Demon Gates are finally build, during this cinematic the enemy units can go into my base without any resistance, and kill Peons and destroy buildings. So: During the cinematic the game doesn't stop for the enemy AI player, only stops for the player.

I also want to add, that on the map, where the freshly FEL-ORC Warsong clan has a map previously against the night elfs, and the player controlling the Warsong Clan: Fel Orc Peon cannot get in Burrows, because by the Burrow's Error Message say's: "No peons can be found".

Last edited: