• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

March of the Horde v1.2

Heron Presents

March of the Horde
V 1.2

An Orc Campaign

A campaign about Thrall and his Horde. As opposed to my first campaign - The Human, this campaign differentiates from the Orc campaign in RoC, involving the meeting with the Trolls, Taurens and the Goblins... and the battles against the Humans and the Demons.

Importent to know
  • My Orc campaign is a continuation of my first campaign - Destiny of Lordaeron, and it's alternate from RoC, so because of that some things are different from the original, like - The model of Grom (that I think is much better than the original), names of abilities (Roar to Howl - fitting for wolves. Bush to Static - Thrall electrocutes his enemies, he doesn't stun them.) and more things that I want to give here so we have something else from what we know.
  • My campaigns - Humans and Orcs are not in the timeline of RoC.
  • BTW, If you consider playing this campaign, I recommend you to play my human campaign first - Destiny of Lordaeron. This will help you understand the story that I created for the humans and the orcs, and maybe in the future the other races.

Story

After King Terenas gave the order regarding the orcs, many of them were defeated or expelled from Lordaeron.
In the meantime, a young Warchief named Thrall wants something else for his Horde, a place they can call their home.
Alongside his orcs army, Thrall will face the bastard Humans, the Night Elfs and the mighty Demons, as each of them attempts to destroy the future of the Horde.

Change Log

General
- All chapters buttons are invisible
- The ramps in the Chapters are fixed
- Made QWERT hotkeys for unit spells
Chapter 1
- The name of the quest - Reach Grom, changed to Gather Army
- Orc Chieftain's name changed to Gar'thok
- Changed the orcs units in the cinematics after the battle against Gar'thok
Chapter 2
- Changed the name of Troll Scout to Raptor Raider

- The allies trolls will not attack the mad trolls
- After killing the boss of the green trolls, they will change to good
Chapter 3
- Changed the mana cost of Dash and Bone Crusher to 85
- Samuro will can't use in Wind Walk
- Increased the hit points of Dark Revenant from 3000 to 4500
- Increased the mana points of Dark Revenant from 1000 to 1500

Chapter 4
- Heroes now gain experience form neutral units
- Changes the description of the spell - Fire Pillar
- Changed Shandris's model
Chapter 5
- Changed the AI attack of the the Night Elfs
- Decreased the hit points of Nexus Gate from 1500 to 1000
Chapter 6
- Fixed Units selected during the end cinematic scene
Chapter 7
- Increased the hit points of Kor'gall from 4000 to 5000
- Increased the mana points of Kor'gall from 1000 to 1500
- Kor'gall's attack changed from 70 to 75
- Added more spells to Kor'gall
- Decreased the number of the restoration runes in the battle against Kor'gall from 4 to 2
Chapter 8
- Broadened a little the entrance in the orcs base
Chapter 9
(Changed to Chapter 9 - Part One)
- Fixed the cinematics scene
- Fixed the AI demons attack
- Increased the hit points of Kaz'rogal from 5000 to 7500
- Increased the attack 1 of Kaz'rogal to 70 and attack 2 to 85
Chapter 10
(Changed to Chapter 9 - Part Two)
- Increased the hit points of Mannoroth from 20000 to 25000
- Increased the mana points of Kor'gall from 2000 to 3000
- Added the Spell Immunity to Mannoroth

General
- Added a new model - Flamethrower Machine
- Added a new building - Launcher
- Changed the abilities of Fel Shaman - Flame Shield to Flame Shell and Fel Bloodlust to Hydra Ward
- Changed the models of Fel Grunt and Fel Raider
- Changed the model of Drek'Thar
- Changed the of Thrall
- Changed the icon of Grom
- Changed the icon and model of Nazgrel
- Changed the icon of the ability - Lightning Hammer
- Increased the hit point of Fel Kodo Beast from 1000 to 1200
- Changed the icon and model of Crossbowman
- The Quests fixed
- Changed the icon and model of Baron Modi
Chapter 1
- Changed the part with Gar'Thok
Chapter 3
- Changed the icon and model of Deathlord
- Increased the hit points of Dark Revenant from 4500 to 5000
- Decreased the mana points of Dark Revenant from 1500 to 1000
Chapter 4
- Changed a little bit the base of Drek'Thar and the part with the Taurens
Chapter 5
- Added a side quest
Chapter 7
- Fixed the battle with Kor'gall
- Fixed the quest with Bloodfeather

- Decreased the mana points of Kor'gall from 1500 to 1000
- Kor'gall's attack changed from 75 to 70

Screenshots

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Credits

Championfighter25 - campaign's testers
Blizzard Entertainment
johnwar
Rhapsodie
Snirou
Ceterai
induwer
Murlocologist
Scias
Tauer
DeAtH._.KiTtY - campaign's testers
Ujimasa Hoso
kangyun
loktara
Stefan.K
67chrome
PeeKay
Mr.Goblin
SinisterX
Sellenisko
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Frankster
Dark_Dragon
Darkfang
NaserKingArthas
Sclammerz
Edge45
The Panda
UgoUgo
paladinjst
MatiS
NFWar
Eagle XI
Windrunner29
Sin'dorei300
eubz
General Frank
Heinvers
Shar Dundred
Turnro
tomoraider
Warseeker

If I missed someone, please PM me and I'll add you.

Bugs

1) Thrall's attacks can't break crates/barrels, because of the change of his Weapon Type from Missile to Missile (Splash).

2) The loading screens of chapters 2 and 3, and the interlude are problematic. I used the loading screens from the Exodus of the Horde campaign .
But still, I don't know why it changes all the time.

3) In chapter 3 I didn't succeed in writing how many enemies are left for the quest - Purify, or how many parts the orb are in this chapter.

4) I still learn how to make cinematic scenes to be skipped.

Feel free to report any bugs, tips or suggestions!
Contents

March of the Horde (Campaign)

Reviews
Warseeker
Hey @HERON. First of, I would like to thank you for the amazing work that you've put into this campaign, it's a real masterpiece. I've had so much fun playing it. This is by far the best alternative to the RoC orc campaign. I like the way you added...
deepstrasz
All maps are available/visible from the start in the campaign menu. [/spoiler] First, the bugs have to be fixed. Please try to learn how to make cinematic scenes to be skipped. It's not rocket science (Making Cinematics...
Level 10
Wonderful campaign and I enjoyed every last bit of it. However, I would like to mention a few things that you can improve:
It would be good if you add more dialogue ti chapter 9. For example when Samuro attacks for the first time and when you rescue Nazgrel.
You should also make a trigger that makes Samuro retrieve his items in Chapter 9 and 10 which the player spent a lot of time collecting in Chapter 5 and 6. Same thing goes for Grom in the final Chapter. Another thing is that Thrall just attacks Grom's forces in chapter 9's cut-scene where you arrive at the final part of it which results to him dying in that cut-scene and you fight Grom and his forces without Thrall. Was that intentional? I don't think so.

Anyway, great campaign and the story is awesome! Grom's model is rightfully chosen and way better than the original one. The gameplay is phenomenal in which you get to play with heroes that have lots of powerful spells as well as a cap of 15 levels maximum. Difficulty is fine, but it can be made slightly hard, as I cleared most chapters with my heroes alone.
Can't wait for the epilogue!

Level 1
Hey, I've been enjoying the content so far, thank you for your work. Right now though I am currently stuck on chapter six where the objective is to destroy the blue base. I've gone left right, used flying units to look in every nook and cranny the pathing allows, and I can't find a single building left. I'm pretty sure I've killed them all at this point to. So I am left at the indestructible massive gate not sure what to do.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Hey, I've been enjoying the content so far, thank you for your work. Right now though I am currently stuck on chapter six where the objective is to destroy the blue base. I've gone left right, used flying units to look in every nook and cranny the pathing allows, and I can't find a single building left. I'm pretty sure I've killed them all at this point to. So I am left at the indestructible massive gate not sure what to do.
You have to kill absolutely every blue unit and destroy all of their buildings.
Did you get the dragons?
If you did, then use iseedeadpeople to see where some blue wisp or flying unit was left. Do that to avoid wasting time searching further.

Level 20
I've wanted to wait until I finish the campaign to give more detailed suggestion, but chapter 7 is just... I'm going to come back to some things later, but this:

- Bloodfeather becomes invulnerable and the quest to kill her fails.

This has got to be one of the biggest dick moves that I have ever seen in a custom map - and no, I don't mean it in a fun way. I've reloaded like 3-4 times to fight her again, because I've thought that I must have done something wrong and that's why I've failed the quest. Eventually I've opened the map in the editor and noticed that this was the way it was meant to happen.

Now, I'm not opposed to the idea of Bloodfeather running away, but the decision to end it with a failed quest and no subsequent commentary... That's a terrible design choice.

Doing something like this leads to a situation where the player becomes confused as to what happened and while some people will get the joke, I'm pretty confident that many will either consider this to be a bug or even waste a decent amount of time replaying that part and trying different things just to complete the quest, without realizing that it was meant to be failed.

To me it's simple - if the player does exactly what he was supposed to do to complete a quest, he MUST be informed about it. You want Bloodfeather to run? Fine, do it, but for the love of... either mark the quest as completed or in some way communicate to the player that this quest failing was the intended outcome.

Last edited:
Level 13
I've wanted to wait until I finish the campaign to give more detailed suggestion, but chapter 7 is just... I'm going to come back to some things later, but this:

This has got to be one of the biggest dick moves that I have ever seen in a custom map - and no, I don't mean it in a fun way. I've reloaded like 3-4 times to fight her again, because I've thought that I must have done something wrong and that's why I've failed the quest. Eventually I've opened the map in the editor and noticed that this was the way it was meant to happen.

Now, I'm not opposed to the idea of Bloodfeather running away, but the decision to end it with a failed quest and no subsequent commentary... That's a terrible design choice.

Doing something like this leads to a situation where the player becomes confused as to what happened and while some people will get the joke, I'm pretty confident that many will either consider this to be a bug or even waste a decent amount of time replaying that part and trying different things just to complete the quest, without realizing that it was meant to be failed.

To me it's simple - if the player does exactly what he was supposed to do to complete a quest, he MUST be informed about it. You want Bloodfeather to run? Fine, do it, but for the love of... either mark the quest as completed or in some way communicate to the player that this quest failing was the intended outcome.

I don't understand, you wrote all of these just because Bloodfeather?
It is only a side quest!
But if this bother you, I will change this...

Level 11

That had to happen, it wasn't your fault. It's one of the reasons I liked that map. Unlike other custom campaign side quests where you have to move to a place, kill/protect a target, aquire the item etc, this campaign gives some uniqueness because of what you complained about (I don't wanna spoil it).

Level 28

I agree with what @MasterBlaster said here, the quest shouldn't be marked as failed because some players may become confused and they will eventually reload. I personally had to reload like 5 times to realise that's how it meant to be. To make things clear you should either remove this side quest from the quest log while keeping the design as it is or simply inform the player that the quest is meant to end like that.

Level 20
That had to happen, it wasn't your fault.
That's exactly my point - I should be told that it was supposed to play out that way, not have to figure it out by reloading the game multiple times to retry the encounter, checking the triggering in the editor or asking on the forums.

It's one of the reasons I liked that map. Unlike other custom campaign side quests where you have to move to a place, kill/protect a target, aquire the item etc, this campaign gives some uniqueness because of what you complained about (I don't wanna spoil it).
I'm not arguing for changing that quest or how it ends.

I would be fine with Bloodfeather running away and the quest failing if... there was something in game that told me that it was meant to happen. For instance, if after the fight there was a little dialogue like this - Thrall: Damn it, she escaped. Drek'thar: Don't worry, brother, there was nothing we could have done to stop her. I'm sure we'll get her eventually.

I don't understand, you wrote all of these just because Bloodfeather?
I generally write a lot, so yeah... that's kinda my thing, sorry :)

It is only a side quest!
The fact that it is a side quest makes it much worse, actually.

When you fail a main quest, you usually just lose the mission - if you got a main quest that failed, but you could still progress into the mission, it would be pretty obvious that this quest was supposed to fail.

But if this bother you, I will change this...
Sadly, I think you don't understand my problem with this design, but due to a language barrier I don't think I am able to explain it better...

I'd suggest doing what I've said - keep the quest as it is, but add that little bit of extra dialogue after it to inform the player that it was meant to happen this way. You can use the example I've written above.

Last edited:
Level 1
Great campaign.
I have a problem with Chapter 5: how can I open the gate to the upper left night elf base? I didn't see a key anywhere.

Level 20
@ericma2005 -
if that's the map with the dragons, you have to go do that quest first to get the Dragon Riders - you then take a squad of Dragon Riders (you will have to train a few more than what the quest give you) above the gate and fly until you see a white-ish (if I recall correctly) custom model tower structure thing. Destroy it with the Dragon Riders and the gate will open.

Last edited:
Level 11
@ericma2005 - if that's the map with the dragons, you have to go do that quest first to get the Dragon Riders - you then take a squad of Dragon Riders (you will have to train a few more than what the quest give you) above the gate and fly until you see a white-ish (if I recall correctly) custom model tower structure thing. Destroy it with the Dragon Riders and the gate will open.
That's right, but he will have to watch for the guarding Archers and Hippogryphs. Also, Wisps repair the structure super fast, so Wisps have to be killed before they start repairing the structure.

Level 3
summary development

boring gameplay
huge trees that makes your sight difficult
the plot is very loosely raised

the lore has no development

It has a nice map

the gameplay is meh
and I liked that there is a variety of objects

My score is 2 stars.

Level 13
summary development

boring gameplay
huge trees that makes your sight difficult
the plot is very loosely raised

the lore has no development

It has a nice map

the gameplay is meh
and I liked that there is a variety of objects

My score is 2 stars.

I'm sorry by my delay, however, I thank you about your review, it's help me so much, and maybe the next campaign you will enjoy from it...

Hey in chapter 6 blood warriors, The game can't be completed even though I already destroyed all the blue bases. Is there something wrong? Please reply asap

I checked my campaign, and I have not problem with chapter 6, but I will check it again for you...

Level 23
I am enjoying it a lot so far, and am nearly at the end (I think), but I will update this post later when I have completely finished the campaign.
The story is good, and I think this is what players want to see when adaptions of the blizzard campaigns are made, instead of just editing the blizzard campaigns (not saying those campaigns are bad, but campaigns like yours are the ones that players will accept easier).

Issues I encountered
Map2- The enemy troll chieftain is just a regular unit instead of a hero, and I did not realize he was the boss who needed to die for the side quest immediately.
Map2- If you complete the side quest for the evil troll chieftain, during the ending cinematic, they will attack Samuro (because Samuro is player orange, and not allied to the "redeemed" troll tribe.

Level 1
alright so ive now beaten the blood warriors chapter 3 times and i cant get through the final gate and am stuck...please help!!

Its ok just a bug, I just repeated the chapter
what did you do differently to get past the board? beaten it 3 times and am stuck at the end....ive destroyed everything and...???

@HERON im hoping by tagging you you'll get a notification :)

Last edited:
Level 13
Issues I encountered
Map2- The enemy troll chieftain is just a regular unit instead of a hero, and I did not realize he was the boss who needed to die for the side quest immediately.
Map2- If you complete the side quest for the evil troll chieftain, during the ending cinematic, they will attack Samuro (because Samuro is player orange, and not allied to the "redeemed" troll tribe.

I will try to fix this, thank you!

@HERON hey any word on my post about chapter 6???

I checked my campaign, and I have not problem with chapter 6, but I will check it again for you...

Level 23
Ok, I finished it.

Only things I was to mention are:

1) The Korgall fight. I think this kind of fight should be modified, since there is only 1 difficulty in game. Right now, if a player chooses to learn chain lightning for thrall, he will 100% lose in the 1v1 duel. There is actually nothing you can do if you choose chain lightning. You must choose lvl 3 wolf, lvl 3 auto cast spell (the one that increases thrall's attack and included change to purge), and the passive that (reflects damage?) if you want a chance to win.
Even if you reload and give all good items to thrall, if he has learned lvl 3 chain lightning (which means he does not have high lvls in the other spells), there is no way to beat Korgrall. Even worse, chain lightning kills the pigs Korgall summons, which are the only things that allow you to run around and evade his attack (using his own pigs to block him). I was forced to whosyourdaddy to win. Possibly if I had the items I gave Grom on thrall, it might be possible to win the duel even with lvl 3 chain lightning (like the selfheal 500hp). Hope this fight is changed. It only worked I Rexxar campaign because Rexxar could summon multiple beasts, and he had a single damage stun (storm bolt), and the healing/mana runes kept re-appearing.

2)In the final mission, the felorc AI has issues, and Samuro would randomly send a group to the centaur creeps and just not move. Also, there is a strange pathing issue with the two canyons with the demon gates. All units (both my units and the demons) think there is a path through the mountain when there is none. So you cannot right click in the area, since it will send your units to the other side of the mountain instead of walking through there passage to the demon gate. It also affects the demon AI, since they get stuck in their own area.

3)For final cinematic, Rokhan was standing when Grom jumped and attacked the final boss.

I really enjoyed it!

Level 5
hi, it was funny to play the campaign so i'd like to give some feedback on it.

About the story in general: The map feels quite realistic also since many parts of the plot are quite similar to the original campaign.
I didn't played the original english campaign but i think that some texts could be more copy-paste (only when it is really based on an original text)
Sometimes there are also some errors of language. My favorite sentence from Grom was when he said that nothing will not stop them.

About the heroes: Very nice that you added some skills. In the first level i really missed Thrall's Farsight and the blademaster skills of Grom.

Thrall: additional armor is good and searing arrows (?) in the later levels is also some nice damage. I like the change of the wolves which makes them very good units

Grom: I honestly didn't really see his passive ability. In early game he was some sort of ... chicken food but in late game he is the one solution for all problems.
(I killed entire bases with him) His push ability is ok but it has too much glitch potential to move enemies (or loot) to unreachable positions.
Also his jump skill: I suggest to make target a point instead of a unit so that he can back of unreachable positions

Samuro: He is a more interesting version of a blademaster but his Dash has the same problem as
Grom's jump. Maybe make it possible to target friendly units and trigger the damage

Rokhan: When he speaks it is not really troll-speech (more like common english) which was similar for other trolls. Appart from that it is just the Rokhan from the campaign
but he is still as useful

Drek'tar: It is good that he is different to Thrall and his skills are intersting but i only used his monsoon which is his best skill in my opinion.
And finally he has Farsight to see the entire map. Maybe not useful in combat but i like to have it

Cairne: Maybe as strong as Grom so there is not much to say. I did not used his new skill since stun and the shock wave are already good skills

Gazlowe: To be honest he was not useful and i always had to pay attention that he does not die (which happened multiple times). He comes late in the game and his defensive is bad.

Now about the levels

1 The Escape
Already different to the campaign. Gar'tok didn't seemed to be a guy like that in the Rexxar campaign. Interesting

2 Old Friends
Protecting those 2 trolls at the beginning was a bit annoying but managable. Also there is one giant turtle that did not attacked me. Finally i found out that i can pull it using Purge.
Unfortunately no loot. Then the other troll tribe made some problems and killed Grom because i did not pay attention. It is a bit strange that heroes must not die when you can build a base.
This reminded me to legends of arkain: The enemy was able to spam like an insane.

3 Into the Darkness
The design of the dungeon was good in my opinion but putting so many skeleton archers on walls was annoying. They are not strong but to get the side quest i used iseedeadpeople.
The boss was too easy in my opinion since it was not special. Also i feared that i get no loot for the first of multiple times since the cinematic was quite fast there.
Maybe trigger it when the player wants to leave the room.
Something to enhance is that non-hero-units can see more than 1 meter in front of them

Interlude - Bad Payback
Cliché (and i miss murlocs)

4 Enemies from Anywhere
At the beginning it was hard to find the main way to the base. I assumed that there are 3 of them until i walked back before entering base.
Either i was a bit blind or there is a way to mark it in a better way what is the way to the main quest and what is optional. At least there is a fountain of health.
It is btw good that you used those fountains multiple times in the campaign. I liked the layout of the bases but the way to the night elf base looked a bit too raw and might need more doodadds.
The centaurs are in general interesting since there are "new" models but after the boss there is a bad decision: He drops loot but you don't have much time to pick it up.
I had to kill him a second time to get the loot since i had no space left. How to solve it: At the objective to come back to the Tauren camp so that the player has time to see the loot.

5 In Enemy Land
Starting without a base is still nice and gets better when your units already have Pillage. Here it really starts that Grom gets op.
Something i don't like is that you can't go to the fountain of health before building a base since you use invisible walls. At least there should be no invisible walls.
The final nightelf base is a bit ... different. I think you used a bit too much border-Textures which makes it annoying (and unlogical) to use Dragon Riders.
It is possible to kill the target to open the gate and is obvious enough. Also i reached the fountain with my flyers before opening the gate. (There you could use invisible walls)

6 Blood Warriors
Did i already said that Grom grows op? Yes? Good. I think Grom had the highest kill counter in this map. I wanted to explore the map before attacking the enemy.
But since he annoyed me, killed Samuro and destroyed buildings multiple times i sent Grom to ... talk with the Elves.
Yes it was mostly using Grom and sending some units later to destroy some buildings and kill some units to make it go faster.
Here you used also some unreachable (for ground units) creeps where the changes i suggested for Grom and Samuro are good to get them back (I did not tested if they can access all spots)
Something to adapt: Chaos Peons are not able to enter burrows.

7 A Dangerous Journey
A lost quite some units and did not regret it since they are so weak. I kept them back and used my heroes for most stuff. Again the problem with finding the main quest way and the others.
A good change: Sappers can do more things than commit suicide and Gazlowe gets a story. Kor'gall was funny to fight since he only focused Thrall and not his wolves. So i was able to kite him around the wolves and use other skills.
Is Bloodfeather meant to escape? It seems like that. Grounded Harpies? Interesting.
The humans at the end were no real challenge.

8 Breaking Point
I tried to attack the enemies and the beginning and saw that it does not work. So trying to survive in the base works but it is also quite easy when Gazlowe and Drek'tar do not stand in the first line.
Adding centaurs and harpies makes it interesting also that Cairne killed the Centaur-Leader alone. the position of Bloodfeather is not very good since she flied some meters away and i had to get her back somehow.
Later it becames very easy (but still see Gazlowe and Drek'tar). Well Gazlowe is chicken food.

9 - 1 Brothers' War
The enemy only focused the Tauren Base. Thrall's base wasn't attacked a single time. Demon Gates in caves where Air units cannot go to are annoying but Cairne and Thrall are more than enough.
The difficulty is challenging but not hard. (This is a reason why i miss a difficulty setting for the campaign)

9 - 2 For the Horde
It's an interesting large scale fight but it also starts immediately after the cinematic which is something i don't really like.
Mannoroth is immune to magic which makes it less interesting (maybe remove it and increase his health a bit) and Gazlowe is chicken food.
Samuro was focused multiple times so i kept him and Gazlowe away from Mannoroth
Some general things: It is more an rpg since heroes are very strong and other units are not so strong/useful. Ressource are no problem. Trees with a huge amount of hp keep up the flaire they make.
Sometimes enemy units are fleeing for a short time when you attack them which also caused the situation with Bloodfeather in chapter 8.
You can fluently play the campaign without the need to have an apm of an unrealistic level. For me it was quite easy but i also played Legends of Arkain
Thanks for your time to read this. :)

Whole in one: Good campaign but some things can still be adapted.

Level 13
Ok, I finished it.

Only things I was to mention are:

1) The Korgall fight. I think this kind of fight should be modified, since there is only 1 difficulty in game. Right now, if a player chooses to learn chain lightning for thrall, he will 100% lose in the 1v1 duel. There is actually nothing you can do if you choose chain lightning. You must choose lvl 3 wolf, lvl 3 auto cast spell (the one that increases thrall's attack and included change to purge), and the passive that (reflects damage?) if you want a chance to win.
Even if you reload and give all good items to thrall, if he has learned lvl 3 chain lightning (which means he does not have high lvls in the other spells), there is no way to beat Korgrall. Even worse, chain lightning kills the pigs Korgall summons, which are the only things that allow you to run around and evade his attack (using his own pigs to block him). I was forced to whosyourdaddy to win. Possibly if I had the items I gave Grom on thrall, it might be possible to win the duel even with lvl 3 chain lightning (like the selfheal 500hp). Hope this fight is changed. It only worked I Rexxar campaign because Rexxar could summon multiple beasts, and he had a single damage stun (storm bolt), and the healing/mana runes kept re-appearing.

2)In the final mission, the felorc AI has issues, and Samuro would randomly send a group to the centaur creeps and just not move. Also, there is a strange pathing issue with the two canyons with the demon gates. All units (both my units and the demons) think there is a path through the mountain when there is none. So you cannot right click in the area, since it will send your units to the other side of the mountain instead of walking through there passage to the demon gate. It also affects the demon AI, since they get stuck in their own area.

3)For final cinematic, Rokhan was standing when Grom jumped and attacked the final boss.

I really enjoyed it!

hi, it was funny to play the campaign so i'd like to give some feedback on it.

About the story in general: The map feels quite realistic also since many parts of the plot are quite similar to the original campaign.
I didn't played the original english campaign but i think that some texts could be more copy-paste (only when it is really based on an original text)
Sometimes there are also some errors of language. My favorite sentence from Grom was when he said that nothing will not stop them.

About the heroes: Very nice that you added some skills. In the first level i really missed Thrall's Farsight and the blademaster skills of Grom.

Thrall: additional armor is good and searing arrows (?) in the later levels is also some nice damage. I like the change of the wolves which makes them very good units

Grom: I honestly didn't really see his passive ability. In early game he was some sort of ... chicken food but in late game he is the one solution for all problems.
(I killed entire bases with him) His push ability is ok but it has too much glitch potential to move enemies (or loot) to unreachable positions.
Also his jump skill: I suggest to make target a point instead of a unit so that he can back of unreachable positions

Samuro: He is a more interesting version of a blademaster but his Dash has the same problem as
Grom's jump. Maybe make it possible to target friendly units and trigger the damage

Rokhan: When he speaks it is not really troll-speech (more like common english) which was similar for other trolls. Appart from that it is just the Rokhan from the campaign
but he is still as useful

Drek'tar: It is good that he is different to Thrall and his skills are intersting but i only used his monsoon which is his best skill in my opinion.
And finally he has Farsight to see the entire map. Maybe not useful in combat but i like to have it

Cairne: Maybe as strong as Grom so there is not much to say. I did not used his new skill since stun and the shock wave are already good skills

Gazlowe: To be honest he was not useful and i always had to pay attention that he does not die (which happened multiple times). He comes late in the game and his defensive is bad.

Now about the levels

1 The Escape
Already different to the campaign. Gar'tok didn't seemed to be a guy like that in the Rexxar campaign. Interesting

2 Old Friends
Protecting those 2 trolls at the beginning was a bit annoying but managable. Also there is one giant turtle that did not attacked me. Finally i found out that i can pull it using Purge.
Unfortunately no loot. Then the other troll tribe made some problems and killed Grom because i did not pay attention. It is a bit strange that heroes must not die when you can build a base.
This reminded me to legends of arkain: The enemy was able to spam like an insane.

3 Into the Darkness
The design of the dungeon was good in my opinion but putting so many skeleton archers on walls was annoying. They are not strong but to get the side quest i used iseedeadpeople.
The boss was too easy in my opinion since it was not special. Also i feared that i get no loot for the first of multiple times since the cinematic was quite fast there.
Maybe trigger it when the player wants to leave the room.
Something to enhance is that non-hero-units can see more than 1 meter in front of them

Interlude - Bad Payback
Cliché (and i miss murlocs)

4 Enemies from Anywhere
At the beginning it was hard to find the main way to the base. I assumed that there are 3 of them until i walked back before entering base.
Either i was a bit blind or there is a way to mark it in a better way what is the way to the main quest and what is optional. At least there is a fountain of health.
It is btw good that you used those fountains multiple times in the campaign. I liked the layout of the bases but the way to the night elf base looked a bit too raw and might need more doodadds.
The centaurs are in general interesting since there are "new" models but after the boss there is a bad decision: He drops loot but you don't have much time to pick it up.
I had to kill him a second time to get the loot since i had no space left. How to solve it: At the objective to come back to the Tauren camp so that the player has time to see the loot.

5 In Enemy Land
Starting without a base is still nice and gets better when your units already have Pillage. Here it really starts that Grom gets op.
Something i don't like is that you can't go to the fountain of health before building a base since you use invisible walls. At least there should be no invisible walls.
The final nightelf base is a bit ... different. I think you used a bit too much border-Textures which makes it annoying (and unlogical) to use Dragon Riders.
It is possible to kill the target to open the gate and is obvious enough. Also i reached the fountain with my flyers before opening the gate. (There you could use invisible walls)

6 Blood Warriors
Did i already said that Grom grows op? Yes? Good. I think Grom had the highest kill counter in this map. I wanted to explore the map before attacking the enemy.
But since he annoyed me, killed Samuro and destroyed buildings multiple times i sent Grom to ... talk with the Elves.
Yes it was mostly using Grom and sending some units later to destroy some buildings and kill some units to make it go faster.
Here you used also some unreachable (for ground units) creeps where the changes i suggested for Grom and Samuro are good to get them back (I did not tested if they can access all spots)
Something to adapt: Chaos Peons are not able to enter burrows.

7 A Dangerous Journey
A lost quite some units and did not regret it since they are so weak. I kept them back and used my heroes for most stuff. Again the problem with finding the main quest way and the others.
A good change: Sappers can do more things than commit suicide and Gazlowe gets a story. Kor'gall was funny to fight since he only focused Thrall and not his wolves. So i was able to kite him around the wolves and use other skills.
Is Bloodfeather meant to escape? It seems like that. Grounded Harpies? Interesting.
The humans at the end were no real challenge.

8 Breaking Point
I tried to attack the enemies and the beginning and saw that it does not work. So trying to survive in the base works but it is also quite easy when Gazlowe and Drek'tar do not stand in the first line.
Adding centaurs and harpies makes it interesting also that Cairne killed the Centaur-Leader alone. the position of Bloodfeather is not very good since she flied some meters away and i had to get her back somehow.
Later it becames very easy (but still see Gazlowe and Drek'tar). Well Gazlowe is chicken food.

9 - 1 Brothers' War
The enemy only focused the Tauren Base. Thrall's base wasn't attacked a single time. Demon Gates in caves where Air units cannot go to are annoying but Cairne and Thrall are more than enough.
The difficulty is challenging but not hard. (This is a reason why i miss a difficulty setting for the campaign)

9 - 2 For the Horde
It's an interesting large scale fight but it also starts immediately after the cinematic which is something i don't really like.
Mannoroth is immune to magic which makes it less interesting (maybe remove it and increase his health a bit) and Gazlowe is chicken food.
Samuro was focused multiple times so i kept him and Gazlowe away from Mannoroth
Some general things: It is more an rpg since heroes are very strong and other units are not so strong/useful. Ressource are no problem. Trees with a huge amount of hp keep up the flaire they make.
Sometimes enemy units are fleeing for a short time when you attack them which also caused the situation with Bloodfeather in chapter 8.
You can fluently play the campaign without the need to have an apm of an unrealistic level. For me it was quite easy but i also played Legends of Arkain
Thanks for your time to read this. :)

Whole in one: Good campaign but some things can still be adapted.

Thank you about your reviews, it's help me so much... when I have a time, I will try to fix these.

Level 1
alright so ive now beaten the blood warriors chapter 3 times and i cant get through the final gate and am stuck...please help!!

what did you do differently to get past the board? beaten it 3 times and am stuck at the end....ive destroyed everything and...???

@HERON im hoping by tagging you you'll get a notification :)
ive beaten the board 3 times and it doesnt let me through the final gate up top middle....so let me ask this...there are 3 blue bases, in what order did you defeat them? middle right, top left, top right? like i said ive destroyed the map multiple times...

Level 5
Hi,
it does not matter in which order you defeat the nightelves. (I killed them in this order btw: middle, top-left, top-right)
I also took a look at the map in the editor: The victory condition is that you kill ALL units of the following players: 2, 5 and 10.
These are the bases: top-right, middle and top-left. If enemy units are missing try using the cheat iseedeadpeople to reveal the entire map (and check that it is day so that there are no hidden archers)

Level 9
Truly a unique experience for an alternative Reign of Chaos Custom Campaign. What I enjoyed the most were the abilities each hero has, their unique passive skills and combat potential. In fact, the heroes are so well made in some missions I didn't bother to build up a base. Grom could easily solo two waves of enemies because of his abilities and skills and after he got buffed with chaos damage he was nearly unstoppable landing critical hits that numbered over 600, and Samuro because of his passive skill that lands random effects per hit could control enemies and escape if he had to (it is a bit dissapointing that in fact he hits hard if your target has more HP. but that is my personal opinion).

The maps that stand out the most and offer the best environmental experience and immersion are the ones with the Night Elves and the Cursed Temple. The other maps are good but these ones were generously decorated, detailed and well populated to offer your a challenge.

The grammar is bad... There are lines that require further polish, editing and modification. There are also mistakes on item descriptions (ex: Foredt Shield), quest information, dialogues between characters and skill descriptions (ex: Thrall's passive earth shield has a weird text composition). Most of the lines are clumsy while some are either copy-pasted from original WC3 text or were written without proper punctuation.

The bugs I did manage to find were minor annoyances but I will post them:
- After you deliver the medicinal herbs and Samuro recovers during the cut scene he was attacked by a patrol of trolls
- The quest in the Cursed Temple where you have to gather the orb fragments is a little bugged. The fragments do not stack and they take up inventory space. After you gathered all of them there is a chance they might not unite to form the final item. I've solved this by emptying the inventory of Thrall and then picked up all of the fragments, only three united and formed the Orb and completed the quest, while the remaining two were discard-able items

Overall I grade this campaign with a solid 3.8/5. The action and some of the maps are great and offer a good gameplay and challenge.

Level 1
In chapter 7 how can i go to Tinker all the ways are blocked when I used cheat and try to go from city entrance my troops couldn't enter and when I use attack hotkey it says unvuolnerable target to those ogres.

Level 13
In chapter 7 how can i go to Tinker all the ways are blocked when I used cheat and try to go from city entrance my troops couldn't enter and when I use attack hotkey it says unvuolnerable target to those ogres.

After you kill the Harpies, go to the rocks that blocked the way and it will open you a cinemaitc for the Ogers\Goblins...

Level 2
A surprisingly good campaign. Really didn't expect myself to enjoy it as much as I am to be honest. I will edit this comment tomorrow and give my feedback of the campaign so far. Keep up the good work!

And here's the edit, after completing this great campaign. I'll go straight to the raitings, and explain them all after

What I liked: Great gameplay, superb custom models/spells, cool new units, and a good variety in missions. Very good and challenging difficulty setting in most missions. Beautiful terrain.

What I didn't like: Not much ways of healing, except drops from crates and fountains. However the fountains in most maps were located too far away from your main base to be effective. I don't see why the shop isn't available in building options. I assume it's to make it more difficult, but sadly it just made some missions so much more frustruating, forcing you to spend many minutes on just running back and forth from the fountain, due to it being your only source of healing in most missions. Some hard-to-find paths that led to basically nothing served no real purpose either, and could also be frustruating, at times.

I will for the record give you a break regarding the grammar, seeing you've said it yourself that your English isn't very good.

Some bugs:

- Said "defeat" in Mission 1, even though I won.
- Thrall sometimes couldn't destroy crates. Tried with and without his Orb effect, but to no avail.
- You could occansionally be attacked during cinematics, causing dmg to your army/heroes and sometimes even kill them (although units dying was very rare, and heroes as well, thankfully).
- Intelligence doesn't add to Rokhan's damage.
- Last mission, part 1: Demon gates bugged, leading to me only getting attacked by the demons a few times, making the mission MUCH easier than I assume it's meant to be.

Final verdict: 4,2/5. A very solid campaign, which could've been a 5/5 if only there were more efficient ways of healing, and not as many hard-to-find paths leading to nothing of importance. Still, the positives outweights the negatives easily. Can't wait to play your other campaign.

EDIT: Cinematics cannot be skipped, which was very frustruating, and is one of the main reasons why this isn't a 5/5.

Last edited:
Level 13
And here's the edit, after completing this great campaign. I'll go straight to the raitings, and explain them all after

What I liked: Great gameplay, superb custom models/spells, cool new units, and a good variety in missions. Very good and challenging difficulty setting in most missions. Beautiful terrain.

What I didn't like: Not much ways of healing, except drops from crates and fountains. However the fountains in most maps were located too far away from your main base to be effective. I don't see why the shop isn't available in building options. I assume it's to make it more difficult, but sadly it just made some missions so much more frustruating, forcing you to spend many minutes on just running back and forth from the fountain, due to it being your only source of healing in most missions. Some hard-to-find paths that led to basically nothing served no real purpose either, and could also be frustruating, at times.

I will for the record give you a break regarding the grammar, seeing you've said it yourself that your English isn't very good.

Some bugs:

- Said "defeat" in Mission 1, even though I won.
- Thrall sometimes couldn't destroy crates. Tried with and without his Orb effect, but to no avail.
- You could occansionally be attacked during cinematics, causing dmg to your army/heroes and sometimes even kill them (although units dying was very rare, and heroes as well, thankfully).
- Intelligence doesn't add to Rokhan's damage.
- Last mission, part 1: Demon gates bugged, leading to me only getting attacked by the demons a few times, making the mission MUCH easier than I assume it's meant to be.

Final verdict: 4,2/5. A very solid campaign, which could've been a 5/5 if only there were more efficient ways of healing, and not as many hard-to-find paths leading to nothing of importance. Still, the positives outweights the negatives easily. Can't wait to play your other campaign.

Thank you for your review, I will try to fix these.

Level 2
Edited my last comment, for I missed one of the more important issues I had with this campaign. Make the cinematics skippable and it's a 4,5/5, give more ways of healing (healing salves is more than enough, or closer proximity to the fountains) and it could just as well be a 5/5. Very impressed by the campaign, to say the least. Merci again, mon ami.

Level 28
Thrall seems to do no damage to debris (crates, barrels...).
Both Samuro and Grom's abilities can leave them stuck on walls, they should target points instead of units (especially since they don't track if the target unit has changed position in the meantime).
Shadow Wolves should spawn with enough mana to cast their spell. Also, Howl->Roar.

2nd level:
During the escort phase, the trolls suddenly pop up ahead of you and half-dead.
Boar Rider -> Bear Rider
Creeps can be attracted towards battle by green trolls because they're too close to them.
If the evil troll isn't killed before the level ends, it's entirely possible for an attack wave to enter the village and kill Samuro.
How do you get to the Dragon Turtle?
Why would Thrall authorize fel magic?
Weird bug where there's a strip of land (above the gargantuan sea turtle island during the escort phase) where units get stuck, unable to get out.

3rd level:
Rooms with rubble-blocked doorways are visible through the rubble.
Could use stronger ranged units given the tendency of ranged units to be on walls.
Ghostly Elemental's slowing aura still reads "Tornado".
The fact that the big door needs two keys should be mentioned.
Broken orb fragments should meld into their own item (even if it gives no stats). Currently one broken orb seems to disappear (and only seems to work if Thrall is the one carrying the fragments). While the fragments did fuse into a healing item, I was left with two leftover Broken Orbs.
Sphere Orb is redundant. Cooldown does not appear.
Non-hero units have zero sight range for some reason, meaning they sometimes disappear in fog of war.
Massive Big Ruined Gate is redundant. Enormous/Gigantic/Titanic Ruined Gate maybe.
No music except background music for the boss scene and escape.

4th level: No healers.

5th level:
No healers.
Heroes start with different skills.
Nexus' location should be revealed.
Wisps' repair speed is stupidly high.
Some creep camps are too close to each other.
Some creep camps are unreachable to land units.

6th level:
Stop teleporting all owned units during cutscenes, I keep losing units during the ogre camp because they end up stuck behind their own units (and Cairne ends up stuck in the back).
Kor'gall's fight should not be just after the battle and definitely needs nerfing, wolves barely last a few seconds against him and the arena is too small.

Last edited:
Level 28
7th mission: Demolishers can be built, but there are no burrows. Spearmen are available but need a War Mill.
Transferred units should be a different color.
Needs a better way of making money than Pillage.
"Bother Creatures" needs a rename.

8th mission: During the demon gate cutscene, an attack wave ended up teleporting inside the orange base.
Attacks waves come in at the same time.

Level 13
7th mission: Demolishers can be built, but there are no burrows. Spearmen are available but need a War Mill.
Transferred units should be a different color.
Needs a better way of making money than Pillage.
"Bother Creatures" needs a rename.

8th mission: During the demon gate cutscene, an attack wave ended up teleporting inside the orange base.
Attacks waves come in at the same time.

I will try to fix this

Level 28
Tried the 8th one again.
This time, the purples attacked only the orange base.
Samuro sometimes also goes to creep camps and just stays there.
Sometimes attack waves accumulate in the purple base.
Thrall's "You did this etc." line is out of place.
When the Infernals land, the heroes are affected by Immolation.

9th level:
Only BGM during cutscenes.
Infernals should make a different sound when attacking (and some of them weren't attacking the barrier).
Some of the Horde units go back to their starting positions once they run out of enemies. Maybe give them crisscrossing destinations so they keep attacking.
Mannoroth should use his knockout spell while invulnerable but before the cutscene starts.
Rokhan was unaffected by the spell.
Grom's spell should be slower, he's barely visible in the cutscene.

Level 12
Small review
~
~~Negatives/Bugs~~

~Overall

- Typos/mistakes in 40% of sentences and some of the dialogues feel really strange and out of place, i can tell that english is not your native language and you are not that great at it but in my opinion this was the worst part of the campaign, i couldn't take some of the story parts too seriously because of that.

- When a cutscene starts to play all the units should become invulnerable, otherwise the player can just lose the game when a cutscene starts at a bad timing.

- All cutscenes should be skippable!

- Lighting hammer's splash damage from Thrall affects allies as well when attacking an enemy unit, (on lvl 3 anyway).

- Grom's spell "Bone Crasher" pushes the units too far making the spell annoying to use, especially when you want to focus the enemy with melle units, i suggest reducing the push range to 200 max from what i can see it is now like 600 range.
The same for his other pushing spell "Leap Axe", reduce the push to 200 range.

- After a mission ends it should slowly fade into dark and then show the Victory box, it looks weird otherwise.

- There are some missions where some high level creeps are in places where you cannot get to them, and u can't see them without using "iseedeadpeople", i'm not sure why they exist.

- The overall terrain design is too narrow.

- In all the mission where you have those tunnels/corridors that are made out with invisible walls have problems with the pathings, (i suggest removing all the invisible walls from all the missions).

~ Chapter 2

- The Troll Ravager should have some kind of aura to indicate he is the one in charge that needs to be killed, otherwise he just looks like a normal unit and would be ignored, making the player confused not knowing who is the leader.

~ Chapter 4

- The terrain is too narrow, especially in the elf base and at the centaur part, playing with taurens was not fun in this mission because of that.

- Why are Drek'Thar and Nazgrel not helping against the elves? they just stay there doing nothing.

~ Chapter 5

- Visual bug:visual bug  mission 5.png

~ Chapter 6

- In this mission the main quest says to destroy the elf bases, but the mission didn't end untill i killed every unit on the map, which was pretty frustrating.

~ Chapter 8

- The enemy waves sometimes attack the base, kill 1 unit and after that they go back to their own base, canceling the current attack, making the mission pretty easy.

- The centaurs and harpies are hostile to the human/elf/dwarf alliance and they fight eachother (not sure this is intended or not).

~ Chapter 9 (Part one)

- Units get really confused near the 2 zones that lead to the 2 demon portals, basically if u click to go to the portal the unit will walk into a wall and stay there confused forever, same with enemy units as well.

~ Chapter 9 (Part two)

- Visual bug (Shadow hunter is still alive and is in the way):
shadow hunter in the cutscene,,,.png

~ Another visual bug, but i forgot what mission was it from:
visual bug.png

~~Positives~~

- All heroes having 1 extra unique passive is pretty cool.

- Replacing and using some new skins for units/heroes is a good thing yes, but sometimes "new" doesn't mean better, and i think using those new skins for Grom , the elf and dwarf heroes and Mannaroth feels a bit out of place, especially when every other unit/hero have the same old skins.

- Lots of new unique and powerfull items, i liked those a lot.

- Even tho the story is pretty much the same as the old "Reign of chaos" campaign i still enjoyed it and the extra maps helped a lot as well to provide some fresh adventures.

- Heroes beeing able to go over lvl 10, its always a good thing.

- I liked that the campaign wasn't too easy nor too hard either, it was just right.
~

X59

X59

Level 3
This was really good. I liked the twists and how we got a variety of units depending on what was going on. At the same time some aspects were confusing like the Night Elves expanding their territorial nature beyond Ashenvale and stuff into all of Kalimdor. That got me off guard and I rather liked how you create moments to incorporate Destiny of Lordaeron moments, like when Admiral Proudmoore departed because of disturbing reports from his daughter. It was a neat way of connecting the stories together.

I have to admit that once Grom and Samuro drank the Blood of Mannoroth I knew that Thrall and co were going to have to fight them. I just expected it to be the last mission and the epilogue would be the battle against Mannoroth, instead of being the second to last mission. And I did really enjoy that I got to actually fight against Mannoroth over just witnessing his death.

Now I did find some bugs/errors.
*Spelling issues here and there.
*I forgot the exact chapter but it's the one with the Stonemaul ogres.... After the first encounter with them I received a troll witch doctor and the two ogres in front of the main Stonemaul encampment gate were invulnerable.

Lastly to just complain here but on the mission that introduces Cairne there's barely enough time to loot the item from the Khan before the end scene begins. Thus it's possible to lose out on a really good item.

ABK

ABK

Level 2
bro in chapter 7 there's mission is kill the bloodfeather queen but how?? when she got a low HP she just escape is that a bug???

Level 11
bro in chapter 7 there's mission is kill the bloodfeather queen but how?? when she got a low HP she just escape is that a bug???
It's been scripted to end like that. The Bloodfeather comes back in the next chapter and attacks your base. You can kill it than.