1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

March of the Horde v1.1

Submitted by HERON
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Heron Presents

March of the Horde
V 1.1

An Orc Campaign

A campaign about Thrall and his Horde. As opposed to my first campaign - The Human, this campaign differentiates from the Orc campaign in RoC, involving the meeting with the Trolls, Taurens and the Goblins... and the battles against the Humans and the Demons.

Importent to know
  • My Orc campaign is a continuation of my first campaign - Destiny of Lordaeron, and it's alternate from RoC, so because of that some things are different from the original, like - The model of Grom (that I think is much better than the original), names of abilities (Roar to Howl - fitting for wolves. Bush to Static - Thrall electrocutes his enemies, he doesn't stun them.) and more things that I want to give here so we have something else from what we know.
  • My campaigns - Humans and Orcs are not in the timeline of RoC.
  • BTW, If you consider playing this campaign, I recommend you to play my human campaign first - Destiny of Lordaeron. This will help you understand the story that I created for the humans and the orcs, and maybe in the future the other races.

Story

After King Terenas gave the order regarding the orcs, many of them were defeated or expelled from Lordaeron.
In the meantime, a young Warchief named Thrall wants something else for his Horde, a place they can call their home.
Alongside his orcs army, Thrall will face the bastard Humans, the Night Elfs and the mighty Demons, as each of them attempts to destroy the future of the Horde.

Change Log

Version 1.1

General
- All chapters buttons are invisible
- The ramps in the Chapters are fixed
- Made QWERT hotkeys for unit spells
Chapter 1
- The name of the quest - Reach Grom, changed to Gather Army
- Orc Chieftain's name changed to Gar'thok
- Changed the orcs units in the cinematics after the battle against Gar'thok
Chapter 2
- Changed the name of Troll Scout to Raptor Raider

- The allies trolls will not attack the mad trolls
- After killing the boss of the green trolls, they will change to good
Chapter 3
- Changed the mana cost of Dash and Bone Crusher to 85
- Samuro will can't use in Wind Walk
- Increased the hit points of Dark Revenant from 3000 to 4500
- Increased the mana points of Dark Revenant from 1000 to 1500

Chapter 4
- Heroes now gain experience form neutral units
- Changes the description of the spell - Fire Pillar
- Changed Shandris's model
Chapter 5
- Changed the AI attack of the the Night Elfs
- Decreased the hit points of Nexus Gate from 1500 to 1000
Chapter 6
- Fixed Units selected during the end cinematic scene
Chapter 7
- Increased the hit points of Kor'gall from 4000 to 5000
- Increased the mana points of Kor'gall from 1000 to 1500
- Kor'gall's attack changed from 70 to 75
- Added more spells to Kor'gall
- Decreased the number of the restoration runes in the battle against Kor'gall from 4 to 2
Chapter 8
- Broadened a little the entrance in the orcs base
Chapter 9
(Changed to Chapter 9 - Part One)
- Fixed the cinematics scene
- Fixed the AI demons attack
- Increased the hit points of Kaz'rogal from 5000 to 7500
- Increased the attack 1 of Kaz'rogal to 70 and attack 2 to 85
Chapter 10
(Changed to Chapter 9 - Part Two)
- Increased the hit points of Mannoroth from 20000 to 25000
- Increased the mana points of Kor'gall from 2000 to 3000
- Added the Spell Immunity to Mannoroth

Screenshots

Chapters Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Credits

Thanks to:

Championfighter25 - campaign's testers
Blizzard Entertainment
Tauer
DeAtH._.KiTtY - campaign's testers
Ujimasa Hoso
kangyun
loktara
Stefan.K
67chrome
PeeKay
Mr.Goblin
SinisterX
Sellenisko
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Frankster
Dark_Dragon
Darkfang
NaserKingArthas
Sclammerz
Edge45
The Panda
UgoUgo
paladinjst
MatiS
NFWar
Eagle XI
Windrunner29
Sin'dorei300
eubz
General Frank
Heinvers
Shar Dundred
Turnro
tomoraider
Warseeker

If I missed someone, please PM me and I'll add you.

Bugs

Things to fix:

1) Thrall's attacks can't break crates/barrels, because of the change of his Weapon Type from Missile to Missile (Splash).

2) The loading screens of chapters 2 and 3, and the interlude are problematic. I used the loading screens from the Exodus of the Horde campaign .
But still, I don't know why it changes all the time.

3) In chapter 3 I didn't succeed in writing how many enemies are left for the quest - Purify, or how many parts the orb are in this chapter.

4) I still learn how to make cinematic scenes to be skipped.

Feel free to report any bugs, tips or suggestions!
Contents

March of the Horde (Campaign)

Reviews
Warseeker
Hey @HERON. First of, I would like to thank you for the amazing work that you've put into this campaign, it's a real masterpiece. I've had so much fun playing it. This is by far the best alternative to the RoC orc campaign. I like the way you added...
deepstrasz
All maps are available/visible from the start in the campaign menu. [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [/spoiler] First, the bugs have to be fixed. Please try to learn how to...
  1. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    In the side quest to kill Bloodfeather, I killed her, but it gave me a quest failed

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  2. foje tit

foje tit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Another great campaign to play

3. Thunder1

Thunder1

Resources:
    Resources:
    why i lost the items in evry chapter?

4. HERON

HERON

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    All the Heroes lost items?

5. Black knight 123

Black knight 123

Resources:
    Resources:
    In chapter 3 samuro dash doesn't do damage or work and when I move him he can't discover the map
    Not only that most of the heroes spells doesn't work

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  6. timothytai0628

timothytai0628

Resources:
    Resources:
    May I ask the side quest South Queen in chapter 7, how to complete it?

7. rahul12

rahul12

Resources:
    Resources:
    @HERON why mission bloodfeather failed ?

8. HERON

HERON

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Did you kill her?

9. timothytai0628

timothytai0628

Resources:
    Resources:
    No and she just escaped

10. HellGrom

HellGrom

Resources:
    Resources:
    First chapter is not working, just black screen.
    Others are working.

11. HERON

HERON

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And because of that the quest failed.
    In the next chapter she will back.

12. HERON

HERON

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's weird, I played it and the chapter is fine... I will check it again

13. timothytai0628

timothytai0628

Resources:
    Resources:
    So is that any way to kill her before escape?

14. Thunder1

Thunder1

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes all the heros lost their items ? anyone else have this problem?

15. Keyfrisk

Keyfrisk

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you use cheat and see the red turle.You can kill it but it will take time to get there.

16. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey @HERON. First of, I would like to thank you for the amazing work that you've put into this campaign, it's a real masterpiece. I've had so much fun playing it. This is by far the best alternative to the RoC orc campaign. I like the way you added some events from the Foudning of Durotar aswell which makes it very special. Well done, mate! Now. I found some bugs and issues throughout this campaign, which I think you may wanna consider fixing them or improving them. Here's my final review about this whole campaign :
    Review

General :

- All chapters buttons are visible.
    - Apparently, Thrall is the only one that can't break crates/barrels in this campaign. I don't know why.
    - Creeps wander : Sometimes the neutral hostile units flee during fights.

Chapter One :

- I only have one complaint about this mission : the bossfight with Gar'thok. I understand the circumstances of this fight (The no escape thing) but what if Thrall doesn't have any healing potions on him before the fight? Plus, Gar'thok is too strong and the Spirit Wolf aren't quite helpful here. Also making cinemtaics skippable in situations like this would be very helpful.
    - Creeps shouldn't be sleeping in campaigns unlike melee maps.
    - More Healing Runes or Healing Salves would be helpful.

Chapter two :

- This chapter doesn't have an appropriate campaign Loading screen or was that intentional?
    - Adding a vision to the Troll Headhunters will help the player keep track on them.
    - Stone Shield ability says its Spiked Carapace in the tooltip when learning it.
    - You should precise which herbs needs to be collected rather then just saying Medical Herbs. Also you should add a tiny visibility on the location of those herbs.
    - The enemy trolls are still attacking in the ending cinematic. They should be paused or hided during that time.

Chapter three :

- The last transmission in the intro cinematic didn't last not even a second.
    - Units can get pass some doodads (like the Throne). You should add path blockers to them.
    - You should write in the quest log how many broken orbs needs to be collected.
    - I think enabling Healing Wards for the Witch doctors would be helpful here since there aren't many healing items in this mission.

Chapter four :

- The AI is building insanely fast than normal.
    - The entrance to the Night Elf base is very very small, I can barely push away their attacks especially with their insane training time.
    - Nazgrel's face looks very similar to Thrall, just saying...

Chapter five :

- Spear burning --> Burning Spear.
    - Samuro's Mirror Images can stun enemy units.
    - Are the trees undieable? The peons keeps harversting them but they never fall?
    - Strangly, the Lightbleu AI stopped sending attack waves after I wiped out the Bleu base.
    - Fiery Hand : You shouldn't use the hotkey "A" for this ability because it may interrupt the Attack order hotkey for this unit (Warlock)
    - How did the Night Elves fail to the Demonic energy in the first place?
    - Grom's portrait is still green after he became consumed by the demonic power.

Chapter six :

- The Fel shaman's upgrades tooltips should be different than the normal shaman.

Chapter seven :

- Cairne's Avalanche ability is laggy.
    - After I cleared out the goblin villages from the ogres, a Grunt spawned at the bottom of the map near the ogres camp.
    - The ogres watching over during the bossfight with Kor'gall should be paused.
    - You should add a waygate to teleport to the ogres camp instead of going all way back there.
    - Kor'gall's body can still be selected when he's dead and he also regenerate health lol.
    - I find that the amount of Rune of Restorations during the bossfight is way too much since Thrall is OP.

Chapter Eight :

- I feel like Gazlowe is the biggest issue/consern in this mission, he's too weak comparing to the other heroes, you should give him some better stuff.
    - I think it will be best if you allow the player to build some units like Demolishers for example to speed up the destruction of the enemy buildings.
    - If you could add a shortcut to the Dwarf Base in the human base like you did for the Elves, that would be very helpful.

Chapter nine :

- The Demon Gates of that type shouldn't be spawned out just like that.
    - The Demon Gate doesn't have a proper death animation.
    - The Flame Pilar ability has an attack sound.
    - Kaz'rogal should be more stronger.
    - Not even a small discussion between Thrall and Nazgrel? He should at least say thank you for rescuing him.
    - The South-eastern Demon Gate doesn't send troops to attack you.
    - Funny thing, Mannoroth is already summoned during the cutscene lol.
    - Thrall gets attacked and then dies during the cutscene with Grom. You should pause units during cutscenes or at least make them not hostile to each other.
    - Grom's animations are bugged during the custscene with Mannoroth and Thrall is nowhere to be seen in that cinematic.

Chapter ten :

- Nothing to say here. All seems fine. Although, it's a short mission to be a made as a seperate chapter imo.

Overrall, It's a great campaign that deserves it's placed among the best campaigns of Warcraft 3. You've improved very much. I give it a 5/5 rate. Keep up with the good work, mate. Hope to see more of your projects in the future. Cheers! :)

17. HERON

HERON

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't know why it's happen to you, but I will try to fix this...

First of all, thank you about your review, I took a many inspiration from your campaign :)
    second, I will fix this and update the campaign as soon as I can

No, only 5 parts of orbs to collect

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  18. phantomlance

phantomlance

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, on mission 3 are there more than 5 orbs to collect?

19. phantomlance

phantomlance

Resources:
    Resources:
    Then when you get all 5 are they supposed to form into something?

20. phantomlance

phantomlance

Resources:
    Resources:
    whats the trigger to complete mission 7? I brought all the hero's into the orc base but nothing happened.