• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maps black list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
v good idead:p i saw so many maps that are using anyone skins/models/icons/spells and other stuff like that...and credits goes to....createor of maps^^ i saw many times that they have write that all are made by them (models skins etc) but when i looked at wc3sear.ch models section(for example) i saw those models and then i saw who made them...it is not fair for creators of models
i always give credits even if i use only one part of model or something else...

Level 8
i think that credit for models/spells/skins shud be required, but people who request credit for cheap recolors or spells that can be easily done is just wrong. icons shud be an exception, many people use over 30 icons in their map and their not gonna populate a list of 30 people who made those icons just to get their map posted here.

@Mini-Me: foolish noob, this thread was approved by VG, so dont go on saying this is a lame idea or you are INSULTING THE ADMIN!:p anyways i barely play on Bnet, im just sticking up for those who dont like getting their resources uncredited. making a map with resources without credits is like writing a research paper without haveing a bibliography. and im not angry at thsoe people, i'm just trying to create a solution for those who have been jipped out of their hard work....unless of course those skins were just recolors.

edit: so can any of you just list them? but i mostly suggest the more popular games since theres no use in boycotting crappy maps.

Level 5
You know its funny every single time EVERY TIME i go into a map testing which if i ever see a name called testing new map i always join i ask them if they have any models and i always ask if they gave credit. :D! Which Credit never appears on the loading screens and i never see them only about 20% of maps i have tested had credits that was in testing. So will do.

Level 16
soulbad said:
Which Credit never appears on the loading screens and i never see them.

You expect people to make the credits list on the loading screen? You must be out of your mind, credits belong to the quests.

Afronight: Approved by VG? Sry, doesnt have any impact on my oppinion, i still think this thread is useless and it will most likely to be used to flame. And you allready called me a noob, so im allready seeing this thread going down the drain.

Level 10
DarkShadow said:
Put it where you want, but put it in :wink:

i agree. but i would prefer putting it somewhere visible like at the start. that really shows your sincerity :wink:

Level 2
I'am making an a campaign, I use a few models, no Icons so far. After the 9 maps I have a Map wich shows the modles, with the Models names and the name of the Model creator. I can't give credits in the Loading screen since I write the chapter and campaign name + some story (I dont even put my name!). Also in the Quest log it doesnt really fit (Again I don't put my name here!). The only place I put credits nobody will find it I think. Where you normally see ''No Upkeep'' I put Credits, and when you mouse over it you see my name + the names of model creators, and ofcourse in the last map! As you can see an exeption, and sot here will always be exeptions. You should ban maps, that are cheap rip offs, that give all credit to them selfs (Like someone, mentioned before, some1 saying the models are his :S).

I did itmyself with TechWarsSE, it was really diffrent, but it is never your map!

Level 5
You expect people to make the credits list on the loading screen? You must be out of your mind, credits belong to the quests.
-Mini-Me

Yeah, i do think that credits should be on the loading screen. I sure as hell would want my name on the loading screen especially when some of things that i have seen say please give LOADING SCREEN CREDITS, not all but some.And also just so you know, no i am not out of my mind.

Level 9
WAit a second, I think the going of this thread is good, but it's very easy for people to find loopholes in the credits system. Say I'm make a great map, lots of models, icons, skins, etc. then I protect it. Now, I decide to throw in some credits in a trigger comment. There you go, your credits are there. People may have to dig to find them, but they're there. Even if you don't protect it, I don't usually think that people would look for that kind of thing in the trigger editor, but it's still there. See what I mean?

(Then again, who would really want to hide the names of other people?)

Level 12
Well I'd also have to agree putting credits in the loading screen is just crazy.
I've gradually been putting together copy/pasting spells from spell section on my DOTA map.
So I've nearly got 10 names to give credit to. Simply cant fit it in the loading screen.

I simply did it so each spell I took, has the creators name in the spell e.g.
Spellname[made by Spellcreator]

Im sure that leaves no dought who made the spell.
A few paragraphs in the quest menu thanking ppl for help can also be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.