• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Thread Title Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi guys!

I am currently translating campaigns from another Warcraft 3 community to hiveworkshop, and the first campaign is essentially done. I was just wondering if one with a passion for art would be willing to make a picture/image with the name of the project, the author's name, + a picture of one of the characters. I would not ask for this if it was my own project, but since I am doing this on behalf of another person, I really want to make the thread description as good as possible. :p
Also, it might help me get more people willing to allow me to translate their campaigns to hive if they see a nice picture for the first campaign I translate over :p

If anyone is interested, let me know :p. If you are interested, the name would be the "The Lonely Nightstar". The character picture would be a warden, and the author's name would be a chinese name, so I would need to send you an enlarged version of the name, since there are many small strokes that could have a different meaning if they are not done correctly :p

Would credit you of course!

Hope to hear from you guys :D

Level 23
Hi guys, the campaign seems to be functioning fine. I need to do a final test to detect if there is any black screen problem that occurred while I was testing it earlier, but otherwise it seems fine, thanks to ghostwolf's tool. If anyone takes this up, perhaps they will be willing to do another title image for the creator's sequel (I have no asked yet, but I assume the author will agree to let the sequel be posted).
Looking forward to any replies :p

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Yes, i heard that they tried to bring it over to hive, but the removed it for various reasons. Were you the reviewer when it was uploaded?
I didn't have the chance to set any status for it. Summer flower was temporarily banned too.
Now, I can't even find it in the deleted parts... I actually wrote a review after it was set to restricted.

@tulee
Found it!
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/the-lonely-nightstar.291650/page-2
User was infracted for stolen resources.

My review is there too.
So, until this issue is solved, I don't think it'll stay on the site. SCN wasn't too specific on the details when I asked him about it.

Level 23
I cannot view that link. I guess its your status as reviewer that allows you to see it. If its for stolen resources, I will make sure to credit everyone whos model/icon/resources were used. I will ask SCN about it. Regardless, hopefully this issue wont scare anyone away from making an image for the thread :p, since the campaign is done.

Level 23
Hi quinten, its not terraining, it is for a map image, which includes the author's name, the map's name and a picture of a warden (should look sad/lonely I guess, if that is possible haha)

Any interest in taking up this request? :p

I'm pretty adept at photoshopping. Made plenty of loadingscreens and even this:
upload_2018-6-22_14-41-39.png
upload_2018-6-22_14-43-16.png

Wow!! 10/10 how compatible HIVE is with transparentcy!!

Level 23
Hi Quinten, it would need to be a map description image, with the name "The Lonely Nightstar". The main character is a warden, so preferably it could have some picture of a warden. It would also need to have:
By: 我是花仙魔法使

Edit: If you are busy, then no problem.

Edit1: Deepstraz the reason she might have been banned was because the person who posted stole the map from the original author, but i'm not sure.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
the reason she might have been banned was because the person who posted stole the map from the original author, but i'm not sure.
Well, this are some of the user's comments there, unrelated to the issue:
Hello everyone,I am a War3 player from Asia.(Even though my English is not improving,I just want to share my own campaign with you.)In fact,I am a 15-year-old girl and I am also a high school student .This campaign was made by me one year ago.But because of the sudden damage to the file,it took me a year to do this again.Finally,I release my night elf campaign successfully.As far as I am concerned,it's my personal hobby to make this campaign.I hope that you can support my work,thank you:D.
Well,thank you for playing my campaign.I confess that I have used a translator to translate my campaign.You may feel embarrassed in some words and sentences.But you may be able to understand the general drift.Forgive me,I am just a 15—year—old girl,and I am very poor in English translation:(.As for Maiev,I set that he was a man at first and later turned into a woman.After all,this is my own custom campaign.Generally speaking,I really hope that you could play my campaign from the prologue to the epilogue:D!(By the way,I like your models.They are so cool:D.)
My classmate flowerfairy is making the next campaign recently.It will involve blood elf,draeni,and orcs.It is estimated that she will finish the next campaign this time next year.And I just want to share our works with more War3 players:D.
The story of my campaign is based on my personal experience.In fact,I had three years of darkness.It was my junior high school,I was in my classmates and the teacher's ridicule of the exclusion, spent three years of my junior high school.To tell you the truth, it was my worst three years.Because my voice sounds a bit like a boy's,and they said I was a freak,tomboy,hemophrodite.Even my teachers said that leave me alone.So I just want to make this campaign to restore the shadow of my three years in junior high school.
Now,I am a senior high school student.My life is much better than before.The dark clouds will vanish at last.I also believe that life is full of sunshine.I want to be a happy girl,and live my life without regret.
I updated my campaign from V1.0 to V1.1 just now.I changed a new suitable model for transgender Maiev,fixed a serious bug in chapter 11(I did not set the failure conditions for chapter 11 in V1.0),added a new bgm in prologue,and increased difficulty of chapter 11.Enjoy it :).
Unified reply:I released my final version campaign just now.I beautified the terrain of all maps,imported more models.Fixed a small bug in Chapter 3,added a new map about my view of this campaign at last.Here are the screenshots of the new map.As for grammar,I can only say that I really tried my best.After all,English is not my native language.But you should understand the general idea of my campaign.At last,I hope you can enjoy my campaign.

You decide.

Level 23
Hmm... Okay. To be honest it shouldnt take me more than 10 minutes to make something like that, but I'm unable to do it now.

I'll keep it in mind for the weekend, and heck, might finish it later today, after I'll get home.

By the way: Could you please review my latest terrain: The City of Orgrimmar
Hi quinten, of course I can review your map, it is the least I can do :p

Hi deepstrasz, those are some interesting comments. First, I just want to say that the version of the map I translated is v2.0. It is a really really good campaign, so if you are worried by some of your old reviews of the author's map, rest assured this is a really good campaign (I never played that old one you played so I cannot really comment).

As to your comments, I think the issue is there are 2 users: Flower Fairy and Summer Flower. Summer flower should not be the author of this campaign at all, yet her comments make it out like she is the author. They are correct about the sequel being about bloodelves in outland, but that campaign is also made by fairy flower- both should be hers. The issue might have been that "summer flower" was claiming this campaign as her own.

Level 23
It is hard to rate terrain. What you have done seemed to be as far as you can push the editor using standard resources (which is good, and leaves the warcraft 3 feeling in the terrain). I hope this is for a cinematic scene, since there are multiple paths to get from the "start point" to the "end point" which seems unnecessary if this is a hack and slash map from one point to the other. If possible, you might want to lower parts of the bridges so they fit in smoother with the ground they connect. The picture with the sleeping peon is great for a cinematic scene, but you leave it so close to the boundary of the map that if you add a background sky, it will look unrealistic since there is not enough distance between the sleeping grunt and the sky.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
First, I just want to say that the version of the map I translated is v2.0. It is a really really good campaign, so if you are worried by some of your old reviews of the author's map, rest assured this is a really good campaign (I never played that old one you played so I cannot really comment).
This is my review. Will you please tell me if there was any modification in the version I've played?
Well, this was awkward.

-there's really no reason to butcher Warcraft like that; you can just make your own sort of universe... or at least do a proper blend in with the actual story... also, non-warcraftish names for night elves
-aninamtions freeze after used on units via triggers; you need to set the stand animation afterwardl calculate the timing
-play music through the sound channel using the other play music trigger
-shadowmeld/hide should not be seen during cinematic scenes
-makes no sense why/how the three classmates just appeared out of nowhere asking something only to say goodbye...
-some transmissions run too fast

-why would they follow them if they just wanted Maiev out which he did do, get out!?
-"too much curiosity..." Wha..
-changed unit models for no reason...; the dryad has hero glow; archers too...
-wisps aren't automatically in the mine
-moon wells+fountain of health in the base :D
-build animation looks weird
-curse of shadow remains on one unit not on the area it is cast on; ah... it's actually a modified silence spell; that effect is very annoying; you can't see anything when there are many units affected by it
-the goldmine that's so near the base should be heavily guarded
-units should not be sleeping at night in the middle of the road
-I have to say the scenery is lovely
-I did not yet get to Yafei with the book and the quest was already completed...
-those mercenaries are too powerful and the quest for them is just a walk in the park... not only that it is not defended but even the locaiton where it is is shown
-Arthas is an enemy for no reason?
-Light Wand does not require any mana to use
-Falla has no hero glow and he can be attacked by ground units...
-Storm Hammers has a passive icon; does not say how much mana it requires to cast
-shouldn't the bandits be attacking later on too?
-what are Lordaeron towers doing so near to the bandit camp
-sometimes units are selected during cinematic mode

-wow, not even all abilities researched for the units if not the upgrades too
-creatures sleeping in the middle of the road again
-I suggest not having allies/neutrals the same colour as the player
-how are you supposed to destroy that base when they're rebuilding their ships!? Those stupid naga don't help you unless you drag the enemy to them; well that's what I did and they finally got to the undead base; lucky I had the Light Wand
-heh, destroyed both bases with Maiev and a few naga afterwards and realized there was a path to Furion south of the naga base :D
-undead to the elf base only appear if Maiev comes by
-mines aren't protected well
-there's a text error with the fugitive quest requirements in the quest log after the first two are grayed/completed
-it's too easy to reach the shipwrecked, no danger at all
-"Illidan is out there somewhere" :D
-should only make it so that you need to destroy production facilities and workers, not all buildings
-...there is no reason for anything in this campaign; the demons can just teleport whenever they want wherever and kill you in one shot
-the story is useless and absent as it is a filler and nothing more

-so, what's stopping the demons from just teleporting to Illidan and killing him in an instant?
-train Royal Guards :D? Oh boi, this is gonna be easy, actually super easy with a fountain of health right in their base :D
-why not an orb in the shop :(? Ok found one
-ouch, lumber is scarce
-there are some visual glitches with fx or doodads or something that look like crystals or that transparent infernal which appear on units and look stretched on the screen; or it might be because of the light fx/doodad
-why even enable submerge if there's no water. I wasted resources on it
-King hate et al can be simply killed with air units... It is also pretty weak, just a little more HP than a normal Abomination
-you can rescue elves with Coutls...
-a Runner!? What am I supposed to do with that? They also move slowly... and are Archers but don't attack and have 15 HP...
-enough with fountains of health already...
-untis selected during the meeting with Varimathras
-I think it was not intended but most of my army was present during the battle with Varimathras
-"Let us go" Why? Risk for the lolz?
-Interlude: I don't get it. Weren't the humans allied with the demons!?

-Druid of the Talon and Faerie Dragon's drescriptions are blank. Same with Druid of the Claw
-how would a centaur-like creature be able to mount a hippohryph!?
-Furion is gaining XP from what the allies kill from base to base distance
-Huner Marker isn't correctly positioned in the Academy; also the ability icon looks active not as if passive
-Fountain of Health :(( With all the Tranquility, Rejuvenation and Moon Wells...
-it would have been better to reach them through the red base since it isn't doing much anyways; so you can just attack the orange base instead as it isn't doing much but waiting for the trigger; same with the purple base
-eh, the claw druids can't use Roar in Bear Form
-found out about the crystal fx bug. It appears after destroying the infernal model for some reason. It appears on my units
-why are centaurs living near the red undead base!?
-no idea what's with the rune and toxic stuff
-units selected during the end scene
-interlude: how did Maiev know they were going to Hyjal?

-some of the hero abilities which are passive have active icons
-why are the Furbolgs enemy here?
-oh come on, you have to entangle the gold mine...
-Starfall FX is horrible. You can't see a damn thing on the battlefield
-to be honest, this level is pretty nice but the waves are repetitive
-weird to see neutral hostile units near undead...
-the duke is a woman

-I hate it when spells are not the same as they were in previous levels on heroes... no more Starfall...
-the corrupted buildings have bugged animations; use others, skins, models
-no strength hero, just realized
-meh, I've been to the northern generator the first time but it was invulnerable until I reached the magic wall...
-units selected during vacquire something cinematic scene. Also, what revenge?

-by the way, where's the Asian named chick that turned Maiev into a woman?
-you can defeat the orange undead no problem without the trolls :D
-Maiev can blink over the invulnerable rock chunks
-the blue 10th level zombie has no name and is not classified as undead
-so, what's stoping Archimonde from busting everybody in one-two-three shots?

-Maiev selected during the Arthas Elaine scene; also when reaching the ship; also when meeting the goblins
-Techies have their first spell without a description; these guys are too powerful
-the optional quest isn't optional if you can't pass otherwise...
-spells reset so 2 Avatars of Vengeance :D when meeting Elune

-not a good idea to introduce so many new units in the last level or so far in the campaign
-Mountain Giant has blank description along with the other units I've mentioned before
-avoid using models with hero glow as units; also don't use hero models which you've used for heroes as units...
-you can't see a thing in the Cenarius zone because of that annoying light rays effect/doodad
-where's my Starfall :((? I have to level up for it... There's an error. When she reaches level 10, one spell's third leve still remains and you cannot choose it...
-weapon and armour upgrades do not mention the new units...
-not sure my allies are supposed to send troops to the enemy bases but the teal one did...
-it wouldn't be bad if those three won't come along three more armies; actually it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have reincarnation infinite times....

-they're attacking too fast and combined (orcs with Arthas+army); I'm not sure I'm playing normal anymore; it was doable; lucky the reinforcements arrived
-while fighting the orcs the cinematic scene started with the arrival of Hyjal heroes; after the scene the enemy units in the base were gone; also, units selected during cinematic mode
-if you buy anything before the reinforcements arrive, when they do, you won't have enough money to train wisps
-you can pass through some doodad walls; use pathing blockers
-doesn't really make sense Sylvanas protecting Muradin's base while leaving hers unprotected
-immensely flat terrain
-you can miss the optional quest if you don't think to move a unit in the village; also, Maiev is moved there even if the hero was on the other side of the map
-Liliann is too weak for 6 heroes (+army)
-waste of time to destroy each and every building; at least Chimaeras do it fast
-no idea what to do with those runes in any level...
-there's an FX which remained on possibly Arthas' death place in the ending scene

-too bad no more xp
-heroes selected during meeting Yafei
-why not try to save him and kill him instead!?
-you have to stop using those light rays; you can't see the battle
-the flesh puppet is weak
-dragging the final boss a bit to the north will leave the rest of the orcs south and they will be attacked during the end scene
Postscriptum: no credits with name mentioning at least if not the resources as well... Also, transmissions run too fast.

Next time, be original, make your own universe if your intention is not to show a story for Warcraft.

Level 23
This is my review. Will you please tell me if there was any modification in the version I've played?
Well, first, there are 19 maps in the campaign (maybe your review did not include the cinematic maps since there was nothing to review).
There are 100% no bugs in this campaign. Arthas has little to no role in the version I am playing. The gist of the story seems to be the same. The AI seems to be heavily updated; AI allies are a big part of why I really enjoy this campaign. One of the things though is that in the original the story line has no warcraft 3 characters. All the places are actually "schools"-- the author wants it translated so the names and places all become warcraft 3 places. This is possibly why there was confusion as to the story when it was originally posted here (and to be honest, there will still be some issues in the version 2.0, since there are some logic gaps by changing all the characters and places into warcraft characters and places.

Level 23
He probably thought it was non erotic since you quoted the author as saying the warden had a sex change from male to female in your long post. But yea, quinten, i can make a quick sketch. I am certainly not asking for much, just trying to make a decent map thread for the author.

Level 23

upload_2018-6-23_0-47-53.png

Edit1:
Wait, I found the map picture that she uses for the campaign's icon. This would be the perfect warden for the picture.
Maiev

Edit2:
The only real thing that I want to highlight is that the name of the author really needs to have no errors, or it will be a different name. Also, the author's name cannot be marginalized (a small part of the image). This is particularly important since this is not my campaign, and i am posting it on behalf of the author, so the name must be a significant part of the image, else it might look like I am trying to steal it.

Last edited:
Level 23
The thing is Quin, the author is a girl. I do not think she would appreciate that the main character is being hyper sexualized in the main picture of the map thread. But I appreciate your effort.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Why is "created by" in English while the name consists of non-English glyphs? For the average English reader that name is meaningless and might as well be smiles. On the other hand for people of the appropriate language to understand and read the name the "created by" is probably meaningless and might as well be smiles. To me this seems like inconsistent locale use.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Why is "created by" in English while the name consists of non-English glyphs? For the average English reader that name is meaningless and might as well be smiles. On the other hand for people of the appropriate language to understand and read the name the "created by" is probably meaningless and might as well be smiles. To me this seems like inconsistent locale use.
Doc is right. You should have the Latinized version of the Chinese name in brackets alongside the original one.

Level 23
Cant I have the latinized name underneath the picture? It is just for the map image that I would have it without the english. Everywhere else on the map description it would have the english along side it.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Cant I have the latinized name underneath the picture? It is just for the map image that I would have it without the english. Everywhere else on the map description it would have the english along side it.
I guess that's alright too. Personally, I don't mind either way but some people might want to know at least how to have an idea of the name's pronunciation.

Level 23
Ok, so I tried using learning how to use photoshop to make the borders, and it keeps coming out as a disaster. I think it must be a great tool when properly mastered, but until then, even simple tasks just do not work the way they should. Is anyone still interested in making title pictures for maps? There is a new one, Wrath of the Nature Elves, if anyone is interested. and so far my attempts to recreate the golden border around the picture have ended badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.