• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MAP SIZE LIMIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok first of all warcraft 3 is the BEST GAME IN THE WORLD!!!!! i play since i am 6yo and i have seen so much wonderfull things during these years on warcraft and myself i am creating some crazy projects but i will get straight THE MAP SIZE LIMIT i mean seriously .....ok we can make map transitions at infinite like rexxar campaign but i mean for exemple azeroth wars lr reborn etc...... it can be even beter if the map can be like 600x600 800x800 or even 1000x1000 and yes dont say i know that the wc3 engine cant afford that but i mean if we make like a total new warcraft system that dont have limits at all...i mean i am making a loap style gang war which has 10 city i draw it on a paper and it sems so awesome but when i put these "cities" on the wrold editor they were not enough big like on the paper (btw i am still making this map and i finished 1 city) so it is such a shame ayway thanks for your time and sorry for my english plus i am sooo tired good day Warcraft 3 FOLKS!!!!!!

~El

Level 17
You're basically asking for a whole new game to be made. This isn't going to happen. It's already a miracle that Blizzard decided to revisit Warcraft III and work on it again.

Blizzard isn't exactly willing to divert resources to the development of a new game and engine, and people in the community don't have those resources to begin with.

Either way, it won't be Warcraft III regardless.

Level 5
You're basically asking for a whole new game to be made. This isn't going to happen. It's already a miracle that Blizzard decided to revisit Warcraft III and work on it again.

Blizzard isn't exactly willing to divert resources to the development of a new game and engine, and people in the community don't have those resources to begin with.

Either way, it won't be Warcraft III regardless.
well not really i mean RTC isnt a new game but a huge addon like sharpcraft you know but i am talking about a new third engine with much more possibilities and about warcraft 3 ressources i think it is possible to edit it and yes unfortunately we wont never see blizzard doing this cuz they are gold digger sluts especially with activision so they are to focused with world of shitcraft unfortunately anyay thanks for your time :)

Level 5
If you get JNGP 2.0 working in an old patch, then you can extend map dimensions to at least 1024x1024.
ohhhhhhhhh interesting but i downloaded it the fuck i can do to install it and what i need to do cuz i dont know anythng in jass could you just make a 1000X1000 map tile cityscape plsssssssssssssss and yes dont worry i have older versions

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
What? 1024x1024 is too small...
Ask for a 9999x9999 map size for cosmic worlds with tileset support over 60 tiles.
what i need to do cuz i dont know anythng in jass could you just make a 1000X1000 map tile cityscape plsssssssssssssss
Are you Kidding?
Since when making a new map with a specific size requires you to use jass?

Reactions: pyf
Level 5
What? 1024x1024 is too small...
Ask for a 9999x9999 map size for cosmic worlds with tileset support over 60 tiles.

Are you Kidding?
Since when making a new map with a specific size requires you to use jass?
:xxd:well iknow but like i said i dont know about his thing not even how can i install it and 9999x9999 is good but i am to lazy to complete all and he said to 1000x1000 not above

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
it can be even beter if the map can be like 600x600 800x800 or even 1000x1000 and yes dont say i know that the wc3 engine cant afford that but i mean if we make like a total new warcraft system that dont have limits at all...
Sure go ahead and make one. However be aware that Warcraft III engine was written by a team of highly experienced game engine developers over 2-3 years based on work they spent 4 or so years doing before then.

As a solo individual with a degree in programming it might take you around 20 to 80 years to get an engine into a similar or better state. You will almost certainly need to recruit people to help.

Level 5
Do you have exemples of maps running in 1024x1024 ? Ive never seen one
WELL JUSTEMENT NO CUZ NO ONE HAS DONE THAT and i dont get it why imagine an azeroth wars map with 10x more details and factions thats just heaven and for exemple no need boring long transitions betwen maps for rpg and rexxar campaigns like you know but then the problem will be the tileset limit but thats another topic

Level 5
Do you have exemples of maps running in 1024x1024 ? Ive never seen one
(sorry for english speakers :peasant-thinking:) je pense que c est dommage que personne n a pense a ca a present car avec ca il y aura encore plus de portes ouverte que maintenant meme si effectivement avec warcraft 3 actuellement on peut deja faire enormement de chose surtout avec la mise a jour mais tu vas me dire ben c est plus ssimple d aller sur unity ou je ne sais quoi sauf que non deja je suis une merde en script et tout le tralala et surtout warcraft 3 c est un moyen de creation tres simple et rapide si t as une idee qui te passe par la tete comme che pa moi genre refaire une ville dans la realite ou je ne sais quoi ben tu peux tous les modeles sont a ta disposition en plus des customs ones sur hive etc.... et t as que a poser tes batiments tes doodas bref c est tres simple a manier et difficile a maitriser et ce genre de truc manque enormement dans les jeux et pas que ceux de mtn mais vrmt tt en general

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
well 480x480 limit isnt big enough for me cuz i already made some maps that size but i need to make a campaign and make transitions so is boring you know
I suggest working with the limits. Far more likely to get something done than hoping that they might eventually be raised.

As it stands 480x480 maps are insanely huge. I have never seen a multiplayer map that large used properly. Additionally the performance of such maps is questionable at times. It is well known that blight breaks around the edges.

I have never seen a multiplayer map that large used properly.
Isn't Gaia's retaliation that size?

Also @BladeMaster3 (TVWK) come on man, make an effort... It's not THAT hard getting JNGP to work. You're talking about it as if it's the hardest thing in the world, but anyone who can comprehend basic English can easily do it.

i am to lazy to complete all
This is your problem right here. Nobody is gonna hold your hand and cater to your laziness, so if you want to do something you'd better get off your ass and start doing it.

EDIT: Also I'm not really sure if it's feasible as particles (as far as I know) won't scale, but I guess you could scale all units, doodads and everything else to 1/4 of their original sizes, and then set camera distance etc. to a lot closer. Tiles would of course not look very good unless you have some custom made tiles, but given enough work and dedication it should be possible to at least simulate a bigger environment than 480x480. This has to my knowledge never been tried, but as far as my knowledge stretches it should be possible if you can overcome the hardships you will face when attempting something like this.

Last edited:
Level 5
Isn't Gaia's retaliation that size?

Also @BladeMaster3 (TVWK) come on man, make an effort... It's not THAT hard getting JNGP to work. You're talking about it as if it's the hardest thing in the world, but anyone who can comprehend basic English can easily do it.

This is your problem right here. Nobody is gonna hold your hand and cater to your laziness, so if you want to do something you'd better get off your ass and start doing it.

EDIT: Also I'm not really sure if it's feasible as particles (as far as I know) won't scale, but I guess you could scale all units, doodads and everything else to 1/4 of their original sizes, and then set camera distance etc. to a lot closer. Tiles would of course not look very good unless you have some custom made tiles, but given enough work and dedication it should be possible to at least simulate a bigger environment than 480x480. This has to my knowledge never been tried, but as far as my knowledge stretches it should be possible if you can overcome the hardships you will face when attempting something like this.
well the problem with the unitsize reduction is that i need to modify the spell size too etc.... to much work for a minor result

Level 5
I suggest working with the limits. Far more likely to get something done than hoping that they might eventually be raised.

As it stands 480x480 maps are insanely huge. I have never seen a multiplayer map that large used properly. Additionally the performance of such maps is questionable at times. It is well known that blight breaks around the edges.
well i can understand you and no i dont talk at all about multiplayer i hate multi on warcraft 3 always play solo

well the problem with the unitsize reduction is that i need to modify the spell size too etc.... to much work for a minor result
You can make spells and projectiles scale with the unit scale. You can also manipulate special effect sizes, and special effects that are attached to units will also automatically scale with the unit size.

yes but i am a total noob in we mostly i just create simple things you know like exploration templates
So you're gonna make a map of a size that has never been seen before, and you're a total noob?

Ask yourself this; Will people be interested in the level of quality you are able to offer? If the answer is no, should you be investing that much time in it? Creating a good 1000x1000 map will take a LONG time (years) and will be wasted time if no one finds it interesting.

What I would have done if I were you: Make simple maps. Find an idea that amuses you and try to make it. Maybe start with terraining and learning how to manipulate units and doodads in the object manager.

Level 5
So you're gonna make a map of a size that has never been seen before, and you're a total noob?

Ask yourself this; Will people be interested in the level of quality you are able to offer? If the answer is no, should you be investing that much time in it? Creating a good 1000x1000 map will take a LONG time (years) and will be wasted time if no one finds it interesting.

What I would have done if I were you: Make simple maps. Find an idea that amuses you and try to make it. Maybe start with terraining and learning how to manipulate units and doodads in the object manager.
well lets say that i am learning bit at bit you know and mostly like i sayd i make templates maps and not very complicated ones and i dont care if people will like my workcuz i dont even know if i will upload one of them cuz i MOSTLY play warcraft 3 solo (btw thanks for your time :grin:)

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] i know that the wc3 engine cant afford that but i mean if we make like a total new warcraft system that dont have limits at all [...]
I am wondering who this "we" you are mentioning are...

[...] i am talking about a new third engine with much more possibilities and about warcraft 3 ressources i think it is possible to edit it and yes unfortunately we wont never see blizzard doing this cuz they are gold digger sluts especially with activision so they are to focused with world of shitcraft unfortunately anyay thanks for your time :)
... but it is my belief that the ones who have the possibility to accomplish this feat in programming are precisely the ones you called "gold digger sluts".
:ogre_hurrhurr:

[...] it can be even beter if the map can be like 600x600 800x800 or even 1000x1000 and yes dont say i know that the wc3 engine cant afford that but i mean if we make like a total new warcraft system that dont have limits at all [...]
[...] 9999x9999 is good [...]
So all in all, you want to trade a limit for... another limit?
:ogre_hurrhurr:

Status
Not open for further replies.