• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Error Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im makin a Rpg, its my first so its not the best. But i have spent alot of time on it. so here is my question...

I was working on it, i went to save it, it saved and then my comp restarted for no reason. I go back to WE and tryed to load my map and it says " Level info missing or invalid" i have no idea what that means but im kinda frusterated that this happend specialy when i have worked so hard on my map. Any Help would be appreciated Thanks A Head Of Time
~Mistix

Level 3
That means one of the files from the map archive has been deleted or corrupted. Open the file with a program such as WinMPQ, note all the files there, open a similar map, and compare them. If they are apparently the same, aside from imported files, then it's just corrupted. The terrain layer would be the 'Level Info' I assume, but I am unsure as to which file that is in the map archive :?

Level 4
Well i went into WinR and went to repaid just to see what that would do. And it says i have 3 Error file
First is c:\ProgramFiles\Warcraft III\Maps\DownLoad\AncientsOfTime!!..w3x: Unixpected End of Archive
The second 1 is c:\ProgramFiles\Warcraft III\Maps\DownLoad\AncientsOfTime!!..w3x: The File "???" header is currupt
The Third is c:\ProgramFiles\Warcraft III\Maps\DownLoad\AncientsOfTime!!..w3x: No Files Repaired.. Dunno if this helps or anything but is it possible to get my map back??
Thanks Ahead of time
~Mistix

Level 3
I think I have a solution. Download World Editor Unlimited, open the WEU Enhancer, open your map, go to the last tab on the right-top, and Export all the layers. Whichever one doesn't export is the bad one. The rest you can import into a new map, so you can at least save some of it.

Level 3
If you can't open it with any editor, any MPQ editor, or with WEU Enhancer, then I would say you're out of luck, bro. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.