• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map crashing after map update - NO ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
The map is Eras Zombie Invasion:Eras Zombie Invasion 0.82 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Suddenly it crashes people at random times ( but mostly near the start )

The version hosted on this site is not the one with the crash.

What I did to "achieve" this crash was: add two more buildings with upgrades and make them act as "menus" of the technology centre, because there wasn't enough space for all the upgrades in one building. I did the same for the barracks and I put down more walls, and gave a new ability to one of the zombie hero (but i've tested it without that and it still bugs)

I seriously haven't got a clue as to why this would crash the game.

Level 17
Your damn game is everywhere in battle.net, and zombies always win... Or humans make an impenetrable fort... Which is like, hopeless?

Anyways, I also had a map that crashed because I used a USER INTERFACE that was transparent and additionally, a tile... And if you combine them together, you get a FATAL ERROR...

Tell me more about the game... So your saying that no ERROR pops out?

Then it might be an endless loop, like say...

Unit is issued an order

Issued order is move

Order unit to move to point

Another one that I encountered is

Item is being manipulated

Manipulated item is blah

Order unit to right click manipulated item

WILL CAUSE A LOOP THAT WILL INSTANTLY CRASH WARCRAFT...

What other additions did you put? Any new triggers?

EDIT:

Also, I think it doesn't emit an error window but having some bad icons can crash it...

Level 7
I have narrowed it down: it is the structures causing the crash, I have no fucking clue why Warcraft would do this.

I just don't see why there is this problem.. there's no logical reason behind it.

Level 17
Really?

Custom model?

Model that shouldn't be used?

Icons?

Triggers on those structures?

Anything edited (Purpled) in the settings of the structure?

I think you can start over, but if the same thing happens again, narrow it down...

Put abilities, upgrades, or any of those before you edit anything else... :p

Unless you've fixed it... Narrow it down...

Level 12
Make the buildings from scratch. Change one thing. See if it works. Change another. See if it works.

Repeat until you find the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.