Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Turnro, Mar 12, 2014.

1. CY The UnGodly

CY The UnGodly

Resources:
    Resources:
    well the Night Elves are pretty squishy to begin with... it's just chaos dmg is just too op...unless Turnro manages to do something about those blasted Infernal's heavy armor + magic immunity :/

2. Wrath King

Wrath King

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well the enemy is the Burning Legion and even in the original Warcraft lore they're too strong so it makes sense that we should have a hard time against them. The only thing I do is that i have Jarod tank them and have the units with heal to keep on healing Jarod while he tanks and all the rest of my units attack 1 infernal after another. But I am not too sure about this I have not played this in quite a while but that's just what I do, Jarod tank + heal then all units 1 infernal then the next. For the Highborne I never really had any trouble because I put up a wall of towers in base and they can't get through.

3. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't think others had anything additional to say about this. At the moment, I'm more concerned with having spells that have a purpose and which work with the gameplay rather than having totally unique spells. However, I will see what I can do about this later down the track.

4. Morris

Morris

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good day fellas and especially to you mighty Turnro and happy holidays to all
    Are there any 'leaks' you can tell us beside the mana wyrm?
    I liked the idea of the unit, the Highborne really need it
    I'm replaying the campaign now to see if there maybe something to suggest or report
    Just to be sure, Did you put any Legendary items in Malfurion's Quest?
    And are you still planning to release the next update in January?

5. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hurry up, man. I have been controling myself not to spoil this campaign with that DEMO, but I can't take it any longer!!

6. Storm Knight

Storm Knight

Resources:
    Resources:
    well you might want too think on waiting for a LONG LONG time cuz this campaign isnt going to be done any time soon

7. Storm Knight

Storm Knight

Resources:
    Resources:
    well all i can say is do think on ((I will see what I can do about this later down the track)) it for 100% cuz im not actually saying any unique spells MUST be done but at the very least change the effect and the bonuse and the names people get in using these 3 spells
    but still restoring mana is a cool thing too as the highborn use a good deal amount of spells in combat and restoring the mana to keep them using such spells dose have a purpose in the there game play.

8. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi Morris,

No leaks at the moment, but there will be soon ;) I haven't put any legendary items in Malfurion's Quest yet, that will be done once all the maps are finished. Finally, the update won't be done in January, but I will post am estimate date soon.

9. CY The UnGodly

CY The UnGodly

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ever considered the Feedback skill on any of the Highbourne units Turnro?

10. hakonwarcraft

hakonwarcraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    I did wait for the update for this campaign when it came out in 2013 and I got one this year. I have enjoyd every bit of the story, you did actually make some events quite shocking sush as the fate of Tyrande in the highborne storyline. Also I liked the two chapters you have named on the Sentinel storyline which was Chapter 7 Part 1 - The Giants of Ashenvale and Chapter 7 Part 2 - Into the Emerald Dream. I havent got some suprises yet as you did with the highborne storyline but I got a expetation to these two parts which I wonder if your gonna but the emerald Nightmare into it at all

(To people that doesnt know what the emerald nightmare is, its a image of the world it represents just as a corrupt version. Corrupt in this case will be demonic energy, fear, horrors and madness but if you enter the Emerald Dream you will meet a imagine of the world it represents just a "perfection" of that world. Wich it will be based upon harmony, buty and good feelings.)

. Though don't take me wrong, the Sentinel Storyline was amazing aswell, I didn't expect that we could be alies to the Makrura but it wasn't imposible either in my mind. Since the Makrura does practise power over nature. Though I hope your gonna wait for any release were we are gonna se any large invasion of demons (If there are any demon invasion as in wow Legion). Since there hae been some new in that legion expansion that have come here on Hive, such as eredar female, Wrathguard, felguard (looks the same as before but you can use them as fellguard if your gonna import FelLord512.blp ) Aswell some others as imps and void beings. Since I think an truly invasion by the legion should contain of everything they have in store, such as the eredar, satyr, dreadlords and fel orcs that was offered or tricked into the legion. I just don't hope your gonna end the whole campaign on any of these storylines where we just go trough a dungeon and kill the main boss, that it will be soemthing trully, spectaculary. So I hope you have had a happy chrismas (or other selebrations you might selebrate) and that you get out one more updates to perhaps chapter 6 before the end of january so I want to say good luck on making this capaign done. I really do hope you did not get a headache because of bad english or much text tough. I do hope you release one update before the end of january so do others i belive that might love this campaign less or more than I do.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  11. Wrath King

Wrath King

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey hakonwarcraft... isn't your description of the Emerald Dream about the Emerald Nightmare??

12. Morris

Morris

Resources:
    Resources:
    Turnro, I don't know if anyone encountered this minor bug or is it just me
    when I use Faradrella's spirit link ability, it's supposed to distribute a percentage of the damage done among the units affected by it.
    But when enemies hit them only the that is under attack is taking the damage and the rest aren't affected

13. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Arcane Wyrm possesses this ability.

Thanks hakonwarcraft :) I'll take your feedback about the Legion in considration while I continue to make Malfurion's Quest.

I'll look into this. Thanks for point it out.

14. hakonwarcraft

hakonwarcraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you for pointing it out. I have now changed it, and I have a paragraph for that describtion of The Emerald Dream and The Emerald Nightmare.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  15. Morris

Morris

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Turnro When I played the campaign on normal the spirit link didn't affect but on Hard it does
    But like I said maybe there is something wrong in my version considering that no one encountered this before
    I tried playing chapter 2 where we fight against Kath'remar on Hard but couldn't defeat him lol he is just too strong
    if anyone has a certain strategy to defeat him and other bosses on higher difficulties please inform me.

16. hakonwarcraft

hakonwarcraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    I waited to use that health thing that spawns until my warriors got low health. I try to use my druid (bear form) as tanks but I transform them to druids when I need their heals. I think my major way of killing Kathranis on hard was keeping my bears alive, and keep alive my archer to because piercing hit hardest i think it was on heroes. When it comes to thos highborne groups that spawn, i used that ability that reduce (dont remember the name but you figure it out) by 25% damage from the enemy. And then use that healing wave ability that furion has on button Q if your group aswell has low health you will benefit on that.

Hey Morris I strugled bit to avoid the fire sircles first but I began to put Furion and the bears close together but the archer and sentries on the move all the time. Btw find that blue item which gives you 100 mana (It isnt so faar from where you enter to the boss fight) you gonna need it a lot in this fight. Try to summon treants often (cost 75 mana), only use them against Khatranis and Arcane Guardians.

Try do this a few times, I did make it in the end. Before you start this trick, search in the beginning everywhere for powerups and other items, use buttons Q W E R instead of clicking on them with the mouse. Anyways kill all the minions first in the boss fight, always healers. Also, I think some units might put the healing that the bears cast can steal that spell to Kathranis. Not sure if its the sorceress but I think so.

1.Keep your bears alive.
    2.use your healing cearfully.
    3.Read on your abilities and damage types and armor weakneses.
    4.When fire sricles is appearing... Move your units fast away.
    5.Kill Highborne minions fast (Healers) then (Archer) then Arcane Guards and Guardians.
    I have seen sometimes that Kathranis for soem reason pick to kill Archers first it could be because they are either easy to kill for him or that they damage him first. but try to keep them alive, they are usefull to kill healers (clerics). Good luck

17. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey guys! Many of you are aware I'm in the development of Chapter 6 for the Highborne story titled "A World Transformed". As the title suggests, Kalimdor has forever changed after the catastrophic events that have taken place so far in the story. I know there are some people who read this forum who have yet to play the campaign, so I won't give many spoilers.

Chapter 6 will also include a bonus map: a map you can travel back and forth to like in Rexxar's campaign. I have recently finished this map, which is called "Remnants of the Ancients". Enjoy the screenshots of this new map below :)

Screenshot 1

[​IMG]

Screenshot 2

[​IMG]

18. Morris

Morris

Resources:
    Resources:
    this is great!
    the custom ancient unit looks great
    I always wanted to play this race
    good job Turnro

19. Wrath King

Wrath King

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is gonna be fun. Even tho Malfurion is on the "Dark Side with good intentions" he still commands corrupted elves. Can you give an approximate release date for the next update Turnro??

20. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Custom corrupted treant race? Count me in!

So are those treants only or with satyrs?