1. Awaken what lies in the heart of your swarm. The 17th Techtree Contest has arrived!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Hive Workshop is launching its first HD modelling contest. How HD should it be?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff Job Openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Turnro, Mar 12, 2014.

1. bbeetle

bbeetle

Resources:
    Resources:
    I understand. The sub map is the 6b. I just thought there's something need to unlock. Thank you.

2. Am.F

Am.F

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, that's not what I meant! I thought I've missed something on that chapter. Just approach the two glowing runes with Mal'furion.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  3. Yuefang

Yuefang

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really hope we get to see a little more of Velinde in Sentinel's Path <.<

4. Rafcio123

Rafcio123

Resources:
    Resources:
    How is your project going Turnro ?

5. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, if you've played v1.3 than you already know what's gonna happen to her. ;)
    They might change it though, since to my knowledge she's pretty much the only 100% original character in this Campaign.

6. Lazarator

Lazarator

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think not. Because we saw her in Highborne part of the campaign. But we'll see Tyrande instead.
    Overall, I'm sure there will be a switch of characters - the characters we saw in Highborne will be replaced in the Sentinel story with the characters we haven't seen before. For example, Magtheridon will have a lesser role then in Highborne story, while the Dreadlords will have a bigger role, etc (just my opinion).
    I'm happy to see the campaign is being worked on, and more chapters are being done :)

7. Yuefang

Yuefang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I've played v1.3, what I was implying it's to see a little more than that.

We're switching Magtheridon with 5 dreadlords, and Jarraxxus, the eredar lord of the burning legion!

8. Ecstasy49

Ecstasy49

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I hope Velinde will participate more in Battle for Mount Hyjal OR maybe she will reach Horn of Cenarius before Jaraxxus gets her. At least I hope she survives but remains unplayable in the remainder of Sentinel path as opposed to Highborne path. Don't forget we will see a full Burning Legion army instead of halved one seen in Highborne path. So, the first part of Hyjal war would probably revolve around Guardians vs Burning Legion with each side sustaining equal losses. Since Guardians connected Nordrassil's roots to moon wells, it's gonna be a stalemate for demons with Guardians nearly endlessly healing but still sustaining losses from the overwhelming number of demons and fel orcs. So, realizing this, Jaraxxus and/or Shanraz or dreadlords might try to sabotage the Guardians. Yet arrival of Cenarion Circle would also cause massive hindrance (I just hope they arrive in time). However, this scenario is only possible if Legion's spies haven't found out about moon wells.
    I wonder how independent forces will play parts. On the other hand, we have Highborne, Naga, and Exiled One and/or Zaelthrun's faction. Illidan MIGHT join Night elves though. Naga... maybe they can make a truce with Burning Legion idk or maybe redemption arc reserved for Queen Azshara? The renegade demon faction might try to sabotage BL while also reaching for Nordrassil. So, many possibilities... Also, I hope Makrura alliance would remain a canon thing. It's clear that Eredon and his lackeys have trapped Dragon Aspects in Emerald Dream; he could be even working with Satyrs. So, good element for Tyrande's war against satyrs. Don't forget all night elvens factions would be intact by the time invasion begins; Watchers, Sentinels, Guardians, and Cenarion Circle so there is more hope :). Yet also all dreadlords would be alive along with Jaraxxus... so massive threat. :ogre_hurrhurr: We can only trust Turnro xD.

9. Lazarator

Lazarator

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm afraid having Valinde together with all other characters in a game would be a bit too much. The Burning Legion that came through the portal after Smolderas summoned the portal, together with the fel orcs, are more than enough forces to wipe out pretty much every living opposing force that would stand on its way. Not to mention they all do full Chaos damage. So the Guardians will stand their ground and fight the Legion for as long as they could and buy Malfurion time until he reaches the World Tree, but would eventually fall. If you remember the interlude of the Burning Legion coming from the portal after chapter 5 in the early state of the Sentinel campaign, they have literally crushed the Guardians with ease. So, I don't think the loses that both factions sustained would be equal. By the way, there will be no time to sabotage the Guardians, since the Legion instantly launched the attack upon its arrival on Ashenvale grounds. And knowing Kil'jaeden's patience, I'm sure they wouldn't just sit around and wait to get discovered :D
    Since we're talking about the Sentinel storyline, I'm pretty sure the main aim of the campaign would be to unite every reasonable faction that could see the truth in Malfurion's words of surviving the Legion onslaught, unlike the Highborne story, in which Malfurion turned evil and sacrificed it all for power to defeat the Legion. That said, my guess is that the Malfurion Sentinel forces would come across many other factions, including Illidan's Highborne forces, and try to find a convincing way of joining forces. Maybe Tyrande could make a peace between the two devided brothers Stormrage, we can never know. But as you said, if the Makrura faction could join the Sentinels, it's a justified assumption that the Ashenvale creeps could join them too! Just look at the tech-tree: Sentinels have Furbolgs, Guardians have Wildkin, the Dragon Aspects have red/bronze/green Dragons, and that's half of the current creep units under the control of the Night Elves. So, adding the Highborne faction, the Makrura and probably some more factions that we may come across while playing the campaign could make a great impact on a storyline and increase the chances of defeating the Legion. Also, adding all the heroes that have joined the fight against the Legion would make a good final boss fight at the end, since Malfurion stays a normal Night Elf hero instead of becoming a super-strong villain in a Highborne story :nehap::nemor:

10. Ecstasy49

Ecstasy49

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, agree with most xD. But i don't think Guardians won't be defeated that easily. Sentinel path's chapter 5's interlude was previous patch's. it was before the idea of using Nordrassil's roots was thought out. Also, if i remember correctly, those moon wells had no health bar (infinite hit points) before Malfurion corrupted the main well. So, even chaos damage won't do against Nordrassil-empowered wells :) I think. Also, spies from legion maybe weren't able to spot "trick" of Guardians. I bet demons know about Nordrassil not as much as night elves. But well... if demons did manage to know... then it will be over for dear guardians tho. I do hope all actually get united. Highborne uniting with night elves would be heartwarming. Well, since both twins love Tyrande, I think Illidan is very likely to obey Tyrande's plea :ogre_hurrhurr:. I wonder how Naga can involve... they want Well of Eternity yet legion is their main enemy. Well, if Queen Azshara is willing to cooperate with her former people, she can temporarily join sides with mortals OR condition could be made: freeing her and naga from old god's curse. These are my would-be-favorite showdowns:
    • Malfurion, Tyrande, and Illidan vs Kil'jaeden.
    • Cenarius (or +Medivh or +Queen Azshara) vs Kazzak (or+Magtheridon (considering he wouldn't betray this time)) or Queen Azshara
    • Kathranis, Velinde, and Faradrella (maybe +Jarod) vs Shanraz & Jaraxxus or dreadlords(if it's an overkill for our heroes +help from Cenarius)
    • Oh, let Dragon aspects and their children slaughter demon armies.
    • Exiled One and Zaelthrun (if they are truly independent forces excepted from BL) vs dreadlords
    • Malfurion, Tyrande, and Faradrella (+weakened dragon aspects) vs Eredon and Xavius (i have a feeling he might appear)
    Well, well too excited I know :grin:.

11. Fae Dragon

Fae Dragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I Just wish that Ysera was not corrupted like cenarius did and i hope that she will not be fallen from demons:ogre_icwydt:

12. superlich086

superlich086

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am interested to play this. Is there any release date?

13. Yuefang

Yuefang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh my god Battle Preparations it's complete now ;D

14. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't think Kath'ranis, Magtheridon or Velinde will have any major role in Good story path. Maybe Kath'ranis will be an enemy in some chapters, but nothing major. They'll likely all die in cinematics or chapters, but won't be playable. Also I don't think Shahraz will have a significant role in it as well, like Jaraxxus in Evil path, she'll likely die of camera or a cinematic, and Jaraxxus will be a boss fight instead. The most intriguing thing is how will the Dreadlords, Naga and the original characters (Forgotten One and Zaelthrun) fit into all of it.

15. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi everyone! Just thought I'd briefly update you all on a new feature that is being worked on in Malfurion's Quest :)

UPGRADABLE HORN OF CENARIUS

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Throughout the Good story path, you will have the opportunity to complete quests that will upgrade the Horn of Cenarius held by Malfurion. Each upgrade will grant the following benefits:
    • Additional max hit points
    • Additional hit point regeneration per second
    • Ability to summon Forest Wisps to aid Malfurion in battle (up to a max of 2). Forest Wisps are support units that can be used to replenish the mana of friendly units or detonate to remove buffs and drain mana from units in an area

16. Lazarator

Lazarator

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would lie if I say the idea of having Horn of Cenarius being used as a spell item hasn't crossed my mind. But surely having it as a regular item in Malfurion's inventory throughout the campaign ALL THE TIME might be a waste of space, since there could be some more useful item that would make a suitable replacement of it. I am satisfied to see the idea of using it as an item that summons units. I suppose those Wisps can't attack, so that unit would definitely have been a great support in a fight against the Legion. Very nice.

17. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree that being able to upgrade it is a perfect solution, since you can't drop it and it's basically stuck in your inventory all the time. So when you get more powerful, the item kinda gets more powerful as well, and competent with more powerful items.

However I kinda don't like the Summoning Wisps ability. Sentinel tech tree already has (too) many units, so having another wisp unit would be confusing imho. Instead, imo, Innervate (Malfurion's trait in Heroes of the Storm and Druid ability in WoW) would be a perfect ability for the Horn of Cenarius. Preserving and restoring mana, while not confusing people with too many units.

Plus if I recall correctly Faradrella already has the removing buffs and draining mana ability, while Dryads and Furbolg Shamans can also dispell magic, so I don't know how much the Wisps would be useful in that regard.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021 at 6:40 PM
  18. Yuefang

Yuefang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Perhaps making the wisps not draining mana neither dispelling buffs but rather make them like Anub's ultimate so instead to restore health to the hero they restore mana?