• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

M-16 or AK-47

M-16 or AK-47?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
Rifle Battle!

M16 (more formally United States Rifle, Caliber 5.56 mm, M16) is the U.S. military designation for a family of rifles derived from the ArmaLite AR-15 and further developed by Colt starting in the mid-20th century. The M16 rifle family including the M16/A1/A2/A3/A4 has been the primary infantry rifle of the United States military since the 1960s. With its variants, it has been in use by 15 NATO countries, and is the most produced firearm in its caliber.

The AK-47 (short for Russian: Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года (Avtomat Kalashnikova model 1947); Kalashnikov model automatic rifle of 1947) is a gas operated assault rifle which was used in most Eastern bloc countries during the Cold War. Adopted and standardized in 1947, it was designed by Mikhail Kalashnikov and originally produced by Soviet manufacturer Izhevsk Mechanical Works. Compared with most auto-loading rifles of World War II, the AK-47 is compact, of comparable range, moderate power, and capable of selective fire. It was one of the first true assault rifles and, due to its durability and ease of use, remains the most widely used assault rifle. More AK-type rifles have been produced than any other assault rifle type in the firearm market segment.

M-16 or AK-47? Which rifle do you think is better?

AR15vsAK47-002.jpg

Last edited:
Level 12
You pick 2 rifles and you really have to pick the 2 most common, ugliest, mainstream, know/popular-becouse-of-CS, overused ones you could find?

Don't tell me some shit that they are good. Were not going to use them in battle here. Looks i almost all that matters.

Level 34
I go for the AK-47, when you explain that you are a rebel, use the AK :3

It's also very reilable and quite cheap, I saw it on a Discovery test with some gunexpert. He put sand in it (that blocks 90% of all guns), watered it, did all kinds of things with it.

Level 14
I vote none..M-16 is kinda old ...You should of said ...M4A1 vs Ak47...
Well Ak-47 got HUGE power...It can shoot through wood but m-16 cant...
M-16 is for the accuracy & Ak-47 for the power..
I would of voted for M4A1 but you should of added more options..Like M44 , G36
G36C AUG etc...

Level 8
Having shot both an M16 and an AK-47 in real life (not at people, of course) I can say that the AK has a much better overall feel than the M16. While the M16 isn't a particularly bad gun, it feels a bit weak when you compare it to the AK, which is obviously the harder hitting of the two.

Level 13
If the world ends.

If I'm on an alien planet.

If zombies attack.

If I got back in time.

I want a Kalashnikov at my side.

Last edited:
Level 34
Well both rifles are awesome, but Ak-47 is bit better than M-16. You can put Ak-47 in sand, in water, everywhere it will work. Well try and put M-16 and you will see result. It will be : hey why my rifle doesnot working anymore. hahaha and you must clean M16 again and again. Ak-47 needs less cleaning, but M16 often

Level 21
then again i think the ak looks alot cheaper...mainly because it is cheaper. in way of looks, although the ak is very rugged and has the classic freedom fighter look to it, the m-16 is cooler looking i think, its looks like its the gun of the future, even tho its like 50 years old.

Level 36
Cause it is not American commercial shit, it is Russian, thus it's got a soul.

Hell yeah, Russian soul.

But regardless of that, the vast majority chose the AK because it's more recognizable on a world scale. Like just about every male human being alive knows what an Ak 47 is by the age of 8 maybe? An M16 isn't that far off, but it's certainly not as famous.

Level 3
depends on which variant of the M16 ure talking bout, if its a:

M16A1 - 20 5.56mm rounds in one clip
- burst/single shot modes only
- unreliable/easy to jam
- moderately more range vs AK-47
AK-47 - 30 7.62mm rounds in one clip
- single/auto shot modes
- durable in all sorts of terrain
- inaccurate and short range

then id choose the AK-47 ^^

Level 13
Don't revive threads. No one posted here in the last 2 weeks, the thread was dead. Let it rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.