• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LW's return: some pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
well, been two years since i did any terrain, and i felt like doing something to kill time... i have no idea how this "attach" code works, so i use thumbnails.

This 1st one... well...

Here you can see the skelletonhead coming fourth as the snow has melted, the bones at the trees is his. (close to us, right side)

well... this idea came after watching a friend do some pvp in Un'goro (WoW)

The tainted scar, some powerfull magics coused this.

Tainted scar once again, closer shot

And the Crystal Lake.

Note that i am only doing this to kill some time, and only been doing this one for two days.
Its not much, but i got an iron blanked at the moment.

So, if anyone like it, and want to use it in future (Made in WEU), just poke me... /poke

Level 25
I like screenshos 1, 3, 5, and 6.
Your tile variation is good, but in some areas it looks messy. You used hills as cliffs like a good boy! Terrain is a bit flat :\. You placed a decent amount of environment doodads and used trees that actually went with the terrain.
The two big boo-boos is: No fog and No sky! Sometimes a sky isn't needed, such as night time places. But you should've atleast made a dense white fog to give it that cold arctic feeling.
~Craka_J

Level 8
I like screenshos 1, 3, 5, and 6.
Your tile variation is good, but in some areas it looks messy. You used hills as cliffs like a good boy! Terrain is a bit flat :\. You placed a decent amount of environment doodads and used trees that actually went with the terrain.
The two big boo-boos is: No fog and No sky! Sometimes a sky isn't needed, such as night time places. But you should've atleast made a dense white fog to give it that cold arctic feeling.
~Craka_J
I place the fog after i've done the terrain. And i did place a sky, but didnt show it.
and for the flat terrain. Well, like i said, im not done yet. I make hills, roads and that before i go into details.

M question, were do you get fog? ive never seen a button for it

Make a region, go to the options for it and chose wather effect.

ps: the 4th pic is just to show how the scar is placed.

Level 34
I like the tainted scare a lot. The terrain is nice, but I don't like the colorful crystals. The area is too plain around them, or something.

Level 25
M question, were do you get fog? ive never seen a button for it

nvm already found it

To make fog, go into the toolbar and click "Scenario".
Then click "Map Options".
There you will be able to enable terrain fog. Best fog is usually around Fog Start: 800-1500 and Fog End: 3000-5000. Color depends on what tileset you use really... Black fog is good only with night time places usually.
~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.