• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LOTR : War for the Rings ( elves )

LOTR : War for the Rings ( elves )

Campaign by: GbIr
Uploaded by: tuzec
Contents

LOTR : War for the Rings ( elves ) (Campaign)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. Campaign depicting LOTR during the rise of sauron. Great for LOTR fans.

M

VGsatomi: Approved. Campaign depicting LOTR during the rise of sauron. Great for LOTR fans.

Level 1
Pretty Good, but a few major bugs: 1) the Grammar, 2) The food limit when Elrond reaches the camp remains at 30, 3)the last two levels seemed disproportionately hard. I'd recommend eliminating one or two opponents.

Level 1
Dude, good campaign and nice maps...
But you have to work on your grammar... it´s lacking some improvements...
Anyway, it´s a nice map!
Congrats!

Level 18
i liked this alot.

problems :
-Grammer is a bit awful. sorry.
-terrain sometimes is a bit plain but not that noticable.

good stuff :

+Seems sorta like blizzard gameplay, good AI that doesn't suck or kill you immidiatly :p
+ the intro cinamtic was pretty awsome.

for me, this was alot of fun 5/5

Level 2
God i really dont like this the into movie mad eme think it was okay but the first mission just disapointed me.
The least you could do if you were using the normal creeps was to change there names
WTF are the eskimo dudes doing here?
The buildings really disapointed me i mean they were just a really bad minor edit of the normal human tech tree

Level 1
Pros:
-Okay(?) intro movie (some of the parts, such as the volcano scene, were decent)
-Elven race

Cons:
-HORRIBLE Grammar (To a point where it was almost unplayable, Like a mix of the "All your base are belong to us" animation and yoda)
-Story wasnt solid (even though some of the LOTR elements were there, i didnt really make sense. Most of it was just randomn filler you put in)

Rating:1.5/5

Level 2
How am I supposed to destroy the bridge at Cha.1?
It's unattackable and after three minutes of attack ground with the two demolishers it still stands.

Level 2
Not a bad campaign. It was pretty good actually. Just work on the grammar. You seem to miss out on some simple words such as "the". Some of the levels in this campaign are mad hard. Maybe you can cut the attack rate and the number of units they send at you. Pretty good campaign. 4/5

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It started interesting, then the good thing was two playable heroes but only for a short time which then turned bad because of only one of them remaining so back to 1 hero again. Then, the lack of elven melee units, and finally an "invincible" enemy hero.
The terrain could make use of more love too.
The difficulty changes dramatically for the last three levels. It wouldn't be much of a problem if it's only for three levels but the last one's gameplay is just boringly unbalanced.

chap1:
-after the starting cinematic scene ends the quest message is given. If the player presses escape the cinematic mode quickly starts and ends again and the quest message is shown again
-the Elven Farm's hotkey is not F as written in its title
-workers have heavy armour
-units selected during cinematic mode
-orcs are fighting with the bandits...
-the orange AI seems to have two Blademaster heroes
-the optional quest becomes necessary when the Demolishers are needed to destroy the bridge
-the bridge destroys itself again in the ending scene
-Sauron came with only two troops

chap2:
-somehow some troops appeared in my base (one Archer and 1 Elven Warrior)
-move the Extreme Agility upgrade under the Archer
-the AI follows the player into the dragon nest with everything it got

chap3:
-creatures on the road sleep at night
-maximum food is still 30 even after Elrond arrived but the level is completable
-the Blademasters' names are that of the Warcraft III's default
-killing the maiar is very hard if not taken separately. This turns Elrond's haste into a long journey
-units can get past through blocking rocks south of the Brood Mother
-the Black Maiars quest becomes Failed if Elrond does not kill them on the way but becomes finished if all remaining maiar on the map are killed...
-would be nice if not exactly all unecessary buildings should be destroyed for a quest to end
-the elven king has no hero glow

chap4:
-on the way to the trapped prisoners the king informs that they are getting near them even if there was knowledge or information that the prisoners were there in the first place. Then the Archer comes to tell the player of the prisoners. Going back to save them, the king transmits the: "excellent, we're getting near" message again
-the optional quest does not complete
-when the main quest changes it does not update in the quest log
-in the end cinematic scene showing the battle Elrond and some other elven troops instantly die without being hit by anything. Then Elrond is shown with the king leading troops to safety
-where was Sauron during the battle?

chap5:
-it's nice keeping the items from the other hero but that doesn't make it feel real. I would've restarted the last part of the previous level to exchange items anyway :)
-there are some Gold Coins in the rocks of the troll caves that cannot be reached due to other doodads blocking the way
-the AI is a total douchebag. If even only Elrond is in the troll caves the three armies might all come there
-the allies are weak and mostly need the player's help. This level is unbalanced. The AIs all attack in great numbers while the player's allies are imbeciles (especially the green elves). The player's strongest unit is the Elven Warrior... so frustrating this level is. If not for the two items that give auras I don't know how else I could beat it
-the wolf's rebirth occupies 4 food slots while Misha's doesn't require any slots
-destroying the remaining unproductive buildings is a waste...
-so, the green elf base was destroyed long before the end cinematic scene. The orcs attacked my secondary Town Hall that was in construction :)

interlude:
-the elven emissary has human ears and many of the human swordsmen look like the elven king

chap6:
-Eregion Blades is similar to Extreme Agility; not very original
-the Priest's rank does not specify what spells it gives
-Pirest's upgraded Heal says it costs 6 mana instead of 5 per 25 HP healed instead of 35 as the upgrade suggests
-they're attacking with land units but the player can reach them only by air units...

chap7:
-the humans have elven units too
-Eregion Blades description says x5 damage but the ability says x2.5
-naah.. Sauron is unbeatable if he comes with his army too. I don't think you've finished this level yourself

I wanted to give it fours but the last straw was the god-like Sauron in the last level...

Level 6
It started interesting, then the good thing was two playable heroes but only for a short time which then turned bad because of only one of them remaining so back to 1 hero again. Then, the lack of elven melee units, and finally an "invincible" enemy hero.
The terrain could make use of more love too.
The difficulty changes dramatically for the last three levels. It wouldn't be much of a problem if it's only for three levels but the last one's gameplay is just boringly unbalanced.

chap1:
-after the starting cinematic scene ends the quest message is given. If the player presses escape the cinematic mode quickly starts and ends again and the quest message is shown again
-the Elven Farm's hotkey is not F as written in its title
-workers have heavy armour
-units selected during cinematic mode
-orcs are fighting with the bandits...
-the orange AI seems to have two Blademaster heroes
-the optional quest becomes necessary when the Demolishers are needed to destroy the bridge
-the bridge destroys itself again in the ending scene
-Sauron came with only two troops

chap2:
-somehow some troops appeared in my base (one Archer and 1 Elven Warrior)
-move the Extreme Agility upgrade under the Archer
-the AI follows the player into the dragon nest with everything it got

chap3:
-creatures on the road sleep at night
-maximum food is still 30 even after Elrond arrived but the level is completable
-the Blademasters' names are that of the Warcraft III's default
-killing the maiar is very hard if not taken separately. This turns Elrond's haste into a long journey
-units can get past through blocking rocks south of the Brood Mother
-the Black Maiars quest becomes Failed if Elrond does not kill them on the way but becomes finished if all remaining maiar on the map are killed...
-would be nice if not exactly all unecessary buildings should be destroyed for a quest to end
-the elven king has no hero glow

chap4:
-on the way to the trapped prisoners the king informs that they are getting near them even if there was knowledge or information that the prisoners were there in the first place. Then the Archer comes to tell the player of the prisoners. Going back to save them, the king transmits the: "excellent, we're getting near" message again
-the optional quest does not complete
-when the main quest changes it does not update in the quest log
-in the end cinematic scene showing the battle Elrond and some other elven troops instantly die without being hit by anything. Then Elrond is shown with the king leading troops to safety
-where was Sauron during the battle?

chap5:
-it's nice keeping the items from the other hero but that doesn't make it feel real. I would've restarted the last part of the previous level to exchange items anyway :)
-there are some Gold Coins in the rocks of the troll caves that cannot be reached due to other doodads blocking the way
-the AI is a total douchebag. If even only Elrond is in the troll caves the three armies might all come there
-the allies are weak and mostly need the player's help. This level is unbalanced. The AIs all attack in great numbers while the player's allies are imbeciles (especially the green elves). The player's strongest unit is the Elven Warrior... so frustrating this level is. If not for the two items that give auras I don't know how else I could beat it
-the wolf's rebirth occupies 4 food slots while Misha's doesn't require any slots
-destroying the remaining unproductive buildings is a waste...
-so, the green elf base was destroyed long before the end cinematic scene. The orcs attacked my secondary Town Hall that was in construction :)

interlude:
-the elven emissary has human ears and many of the human swordsmen look like the elven king

chap6:
-Eregion Blades is similar to Extreme Agility; not very original
-the Priest's rank does not specify what spells it gives
-Pirest's upgraded Heal says it costs 6 mana instead of 5 per 25 HP healed instead of 35 as the upgrade suggests
-they're attacking with land units but the player can reach them only by air units...

chap7:
-the humans have elven units too
-Eregion Blades description says x5 damage but the ability says x2.5
-naah.. Sauron is unbeatable if he comes with his army too. I don't think you've finished this level yourself

I wanted to give it fours but the last straw was the god-like Sauron in the last level...

Hey man i just download this campaign and played it until chapter 6 i have no idea how to get the eagles can you help me out here ?

Level 5
I'm not a fan of LOTR, so I can't say something clear about the story, but the gameplay and the terraing were good enough.
The campaign by itself was good alongside the custom models, but it feels like the campaign is incomplete. one critic I have is the grammar, the one thing that kept throwing me off, constantly confusing me and unable to understand the story.

Played on 1.21b

Last edited: