• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Losing control bug, shop owner's game disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi guys. Here's two problems I've been encountered during development of my map.

First thing to discuss is that when the map is loaded and game is started strange thing appears here: some of the players losing their abilities to control their own units: mouse is hidden but UI-buttons are reacting to mouse' presence but they cannot be pressed, left and right mouse click does nothing and keyboard does nothing too. This phenomenon appears quite rarely but i want to negate its appearance to zero. For that i should know its nature.
Is there anybody which encountered this phenomenon? Please, answer.

Another indescribable (for me) thing is that when, imagine, in the map you have 3 shops with items, each shop have its own owner for example Red, Blue and Green, and so when unit of Red player comes in buying range and Red player buys something in Green-owned shop that's when bad thing happens - Green player getting crash message and he's got dropped from the game.
I'm curios and interested in that is there somebody who ever met this thing. Please share your experience.
Thanks in advance, guys.

Level 3
So as I see there's nobody to answer for my questions. Quiet sad :sad:
Anyway, I will research that war3 engine errors for myself. Thanks for paying attention to this thread.

So as I see there's nobody to answer for my questions. Quiet sad :sad:
Anyway, I will research that war3 engine errors for myself. Thanks for paying attention to this thread.

Should be a bit more patient as well you didn't provide everything needed to assist you.

Hi guys. Here's two problems I've been encountered during development of my map.

First thing to discuss is that when the map is loaded and game is started strange thing appears here: some of the players losing their abilities to control their own units: mouse is hidden but UI-buttons are reacting to mouse' presence but they cannot be pressed, left and right mouse click does nothing and keyboard does nothing too. This phenomenon appears quite rarely but i want to negate its appearance to zero. For that i should know its nature.
Is there anybody which encountered this phenomenon? Please, answer.

Another indescribable (for me) thing is that when, imagine, in the map you have 3 shops with items, each shop have its own owner for example Red, Blue and Green, and so when unit of Red player comes in buying range and Red player buys something in Green-owned shop that's when bad thing happens - Green player getting crash message and he's got dropped from the game.
I'm curios and interested in that is there somebody who ever met this thing. Please share your experience.
Thanks in advance, guys.

Do you use dialogs and/or changing cursor model in the gameplay interface?

I know a bit about your second problem as well so why don't you share a demo/example map here so someone can actually help you instead of guessing at it for you. I'd ask for just the code however the second problem is most likely some problem within object editor.

Level 3
Thanks for a reply, Dat-C3! :grin:
Being somewhat impatient lately, that's true.

Here's the deal. I made an exact copy of a shop segment from my project, all the same shop-abilities (and other object editor stuff), same player ownderships etc. I can't show you my real map, only a demo, sorry for that.

I don't use any custom UI in my project, everything is pretty much standart.

I did actually use a dialogs for players to chose their heroes at some point, but I threw that system away recently, so I don't think it's relevant anymore. Unless you can share your experience, so I will never use them again. (Found some outrageous bugs with it on my own.)

I appreciate any help. Thanks again in advance.
Cheers!

Attachments

• RandomUser test.w3x
    73.2 KB · Views: 43
Level 19
about "cant select a shit" bug: thats old known wc3 bug, unfixable as it have NO rules whatsoever. dota doesnt use ANY kind of dialogs at all, yet I know about this bug because had met it many times, as well as read reports about that.
about the crash: upload .txt crashlog from fatals to see

Level 3
I made a mistake in the description of the second bug. There was disconnect, not a crash. 2-6 of 12 players got dropped, rarely it drops game owner.
This thing happens more likely in full-house game rather than in half-empty game.

Status
Not open for further replies.