• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lorvan Family - Horror Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lorvan Family

About:

Lorvan Family is a horror/puzzle game, where you will have to solve riddles and get to the end, to unfold a mystery, but there is no fighting. It features a dark and dramatic story. In addition to that, alot of sound effects will also be used.

Progress:

The Map is 45% done.

Creator:

Vengeancekael

Credits:

Tenebrae
Matarael
Paladon
Kitabatake
Mobilize
Pyramidhe@d

Map Testing:

Available

Feedback is much appreciated

Last edited:
Level 14
hi,
I'm finish now with playing your map it is not bad but in my opinion you should make the terrain much darker and add some horrible dark soundtracks in order to make a much darker ambiance. I will waiting for the next version keep up the good work dude.

That was... kind of interesting. Some stuff (I know it's still in progress, but when you post a WIP for the first impression, it actually has to contain lots of stuff that will be a part of the final output) to mention:
[•] It needs music and voice. Horror-type effect cannot be achieved in such a low-poly environment, so you need voice to make the player imagine how the character feels.
[•] The intro shows Silya and Hevar. They are standing in the edge of the path, which is really unrealistic, because they are supposed to be coming from a path, not through the woods. After a while, a fade filter comes on, the lady vanishes and of course Hevar is still there.
[•] When the ghost lady appears, you should add the SacrificeUnit.wav sound, it's in the Abilities -> Other -> ANsa.
[•] You can add some sounds to be played on the corpses, e.g. some cracking bones.
[•] Every Blizzard model needs to be replaced. If you want horror to happen, you need to make it realistic and these trees, cauldrons, fire are dull. You need to add some realism, you know? For example, that corpse can't be eternally getting burnt, at least decrease the volume of the fire (yes, extra model) and make the body black. The fountain also can't concentrate this amount of fire, without the fire being exposed to the nearby trees. How could a concrete-type structure can retain and be on fire like that and also not expand the fire towards the nearby trees? Way unnatural. You get my point, I guess.
[•] Fog needs some work, you also need some custom light, for example the light to be expanded only at the position of the character, so that the player will have the feeling of "what else awaits me?"
[•] You can also add sounds, from like behind (offset), so that the source of the sound is unknown. Practically, don't make the sounds global, except for the wolf's one.
[•] Use third person camera, this camera is no frightening at all. The player must be "in the game" not "above it".
[•] He is referring to his wife too much. I mean, strap on a pair for Christ's sake, I'd say! :)
Well, this reference is so intense, that for a minute I forgot she was his wife and that was his mother instead. This is a result of his fear (you know, when we were supposed to be afraid as kids we used to call "mom", so this wife-calling is the same situation here).

EDIT: The map has been updated.

That was... kind of interesting. Some stuff (I know it's still in progress, but when you post a WIP for the first impression, it actually has to contain lots of stuff that will be a part of the final output) to mention:
[•] It needs music and voice. Horror-type effect cannot be achieved in such a low-poly environment, so you need voice to make the player imagine how the character feels.
Well sadly i can't have voices ):
[•] The intro shows Silya and Hevar. They are standing in the edge of the path, which is really unrealistic, because they are supposed to be coming from a path, not through the woods. After a while, a fade filter comes on, the lady vanishes and of course Hevar is still there.
They're not on the road, it's a different area, they live in the forest itself. (not the haunted forest)
[•] When the ghost lady appears, you should add the SacrificeUnit.wav sound, it's in the Abilities -> Other -> ANsa.
it's actually a butcher girl :p
[•] You can add some sounds to be played on the corpses, e.g. some cracking bones.
good idea
[•] Every Blizzard model needs to be replaced. If you want horror to happen, you need to make it realistic and these trees, cauldrons, fire are dull. You need to add some realism, you know? For example, that corpse can't be eternally getting burnt, at least decrease the volume of the fire (yes, extra model) and make the body black. The fountain also can't concentrate this amount of fire, without the fire being exposed to the nearby trees. How could a concrete-type structure can retain and be on fire like that and also not expand the fire towards the nearby trees? Way unnatural. You get my point, I guess.
that's true i guess
[•] Fog needs some work, you also need some custom light, for example the light to be expanded only at the position of the character, so that the player will have the feeling of "what else awaits me?"
How the heck do you make that xD
[•] You can also add sounds, from like behind (offset), so that the source of the sound is unknown. Practically, don't make the sounds global, except for the wolf's one.
good idea
[•] Use third person camera, this camera is no frightening at all. The player must be "in the game" not "above it".
there will be a third person camera^^
[•] He is referring to his wife too much. I mean, strap on a pair for Christ's sake, I'd say! :)
nah :p
Well, this reference is so intense, that for a minute I forgot she was his wife and that was his mother instead. This is a result of his fear (you know, when we were supposed to be afraid as kids we used to call "mom", so this wife-calling is the same situation here).[/QUOTE]

Screenshots would be nice :)
neva, no spoilers!!! :D

Rawr. Not retired yet?
Apparently not.

Got killed by wolves before door ):
you only have 80 seconds.

I couldn't figure out how come the answer to the door was the answer to the door. I was sure it was "doctor". I hope there are some clues in the future.
ufff very well:
Holy Guardian

Last edited:
lol those were nice guesses, i guess i could add different possibilities :)
and the map file is updated btw.
Edit: There are now 3 possibilities :p
Also first person camera has been added, but the dl file isn't updated yet.
And the main problem is, i can't find horror/dark music. Also do you guys think it's a little spooky? :D

Level 1
Dl'ed and tested. It's a good startup, tho i think the cinematics should be skipable, as many already mentioned :D Mmm but it's nice anyway, i guess. Keep up the work

Level 20
Nice idea,i liked the very gameplay,even though game needs improvement,i won't argue about it as it's still 25% done.
Few things you should change:
-At starting cinematic,Hevar is a bit big comprared to Silya,or she's too small :xxd:
-When you come to area with those...corpses or whatever they are,terrain looks a bit ugly as it is very pointy at some places
-The question at door is...not really good,as you have no clue how to answer it,you never saw any Tom ingame and many things can be answer,so the whole puzzle is just sheer guessing.
-I also noticed that you can exit area after that door and get into blank part of map by going through trees at bottom of the area :cute:

But enough about lackings,the map itself has quite nice potential and idea is awesome! GJ and GL!

Nice idea,i liked the very gameplay,even though game needs improvement,i won't argue about it as it's still 25% done.
Few things you should change:
-At starting cinematic,Hevar is a bit big comprared to Silya,or she's too small :xxd:
-When you come to area with those...corpses or whatever they are,terrain looks a bit ugly as it is very pointy at some places
-The question at door is...not really good,as you have no clue how to answer it,you never saw any Tom ingame and many things can be answer,so the whole puzzle is just sheer guessing.
-I also noticed that you can exit area after that door and get into blank part of map by going through trees at bottom of the area :cute:

But enough about lackings,the map itself has quite nice potential and idea is awesome! GJ and GL!
Terrain is going to be improved and the exits will be fixed.

Level 10
you can move through the trees, I couldn't answer the question of the door but i could enter it through the blighted trees, add some pathing blockers if you agree with this problem.

EDIT: And you can add a haunted house that the guy who you are playing as will enter it and has an adventure in the house, if it wasn't in your mind, it's just an opinion of mine.

Last edited:
you can move through the trees, I couldn't answer the question of the door but i could enter it through the blighted trees, add some pathing blockers if you agree with this problem.

EDIT: And you can add a haunted house that the guy who you are playing as will enter it and has an adventure in the house, if it wasn't in your mind, it's just an opinion of mine.
That's actually how it's going to continue.....He will enter a "Citadel", wow you read my mind :p

Level 1
I think the map will be fine, put a few more body parts that needs to be more horror or think best to put a part that you have to kill something, example, you have to flee, but the other side is a wolf, then need to throw the torch away or delete it as not to enlighten more

If you liked, fassa this on the map, if not, all right! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.