• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lords of Europe 0.16

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Lords of Europe is like any other risk map but it have something special.Game-Play is total different, alliance panel works here and u don't need any other command.
Take a country and destroy your enemies. Make allies and betray them.
You may choose a country in first 60 seconds because after taverns are removed.
This map contains:
50+ Custom Units
20+ Countries
130+ Cities
20+ Custom Spells
Very useful tooltips
Unique Game-Play System
Perfect Europe Imitation Terrain

Credits To
[ro]Paranoia
Debei
Billy The Cat
Dr Super Good
Either Barathrum

Map Is Protected... Most probably next versions will be deprotected.
I hope you like my map. Enjoy!

Update:
Some Geographic mistakes fixed.
Terrain modified near scandinavia and near greece.
Units rebalanced:p
Update:
New Triggers added and some older changed.
New spell for archers: Dog Of War
Some cities names changed.
Countries tooltips added.

If You like my map please Post a comment:)
Waiting for Review+Approve.
Enjoy:p
Update:Leaks fixed

Keywords:
strategy risk lords of europe good better best world war bomblader medieval rome england
Contents

Lords of Europe 0.16 (Map)

Reviews
21:39, 4th Sep 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected The object data of this map has been stolen.

M

21:39, 4th Sep 2009
ap0calypse: Rejected

The object data of this map has been stolen.

Level 5
Well, good improvments, pleased to see you read what I wrote, but...

Some troubles with the owner of some cities : Tromso, Copenhaga and Zurich are passive neutral, instead of hostile, even though they never keep neutral any longer...

Then, a book of geography in my left hand, I scanned your map with my right one...

-Copenhaga (Copenhagen in English) is on an island at the East of Denmark. I saw you made this island, but you would better put Copenhagen on this island, instead of East-Germany where it lies for now...

-BELFAST IS IN NORTHERN IRELAND, NOT IN GREAT BRITAIN !!! Northern-Irish are still fighting not to be British, putting them in England would finish them ! Poor guys !

-You put Rotterdam at the location of Helsinki, capital-city of Finland... Did you know that Rotterdam was in the Netherlands, and that it is the world's biggest harbour ?

-Dusseldorf is in western Germany, near Cologne. Where you put it lies the great Russian city of Saint-Petersburg.

-Finally, I retrieved the landing-point you forgot ! At the South-East of London is the English city of Dover, where most of the British fleets in departure for France were sent, even in 1944...

Well, for the geography, I think it's over.
A little question : Where are you from ?:eekani:

Also, even though greyhounds are a famous Arabian dog breeding, the muslim religion forbids dogs (they're "impure"). Maybe you should make a special unit for muslim countries which can't cast Dog of War, a mounted archer made with the Centaur Archer model, for example. That would also prevent those muslims to send female units to the fight, something they did not do. (they were a bit of "macho" at this time...:grin:)

EDIT : I took a little look to the civilizations and special units available. And, of course, I had something to tell about this, although I'd never post any edit...

-Turkey : Mameluk were Egyptians, Napoleon fought them (in Egypt). The Turkish had Janissaries, elite slave-warriors armed with a handgun.

-Greece : Huskarls ? What the hell are Huskarls doing in Greece ?:eekani: Huskarls were elite Saxon warriors of England ! Anyway, Greece was part of the Byzantin EMpire at this time...

-Kiev-Ukraine-Russia :Did you know that Kiev IS in Ukraine ? It's the capital city ! The Cossacks settled in Ukraine during the 15th century, and why does Kiev have Russian Infantry ?

-Sweden : I've been really surprised by the Swedish special unit ! They have none ! Maybe you had prepared one, but you surely forgot to link it to the tech-tree !

-Poland-Lituania : Teutonic Knights ? Teutonic Knights were Teutons, like explicited in their name ! And Teutons were the founders of Germany ! Poland later became a German territory, during the 20th century...

-Hungary : Did you know that the name of Hungary came from the name of the people which settled here : the Huns. Maybe you could make some special unit inspirated from this fact...

-Germany : See Poland-Lituania.

Then, two tech-tree failures I found :

-The Church shortkey (H) does not work. I haven't watched for the other shortkeys, but you should check for this...

-Why are there two similar healing units available at the Mosquee, with the same name, the same price and the same stats ? You should make your choice !

To finish, some suggestions :

-In the northern countries menu, you say England is a country, it has no neighbours. What about adding Scotland (special unit : Highlander. Terrific attack, low defence), to make a British development a bit more... spicy.

-Icelands lies, lone and quiet... You could make a Viking civilization based on this small land, with a sea-special unit (drakkar or long-boat, which can deploy into a bunch of wild warriors, à la Pandaren Earth, Storm and Fire), which, added to the fact that there are very few cities in Iceland, would force the Vikings to raid-invade Western-European countries since the begining...

-As soon as there are Vikings, what about adding a little piece of New World, full of wealths, but populated by very, very tough and hostile natives...

Last edited:
Level 6
Excerpt from map rules:
Original Work
All maps must be significantly worked on, if not entirely created, by their submitter. Maps that were edited from someone else's work must include proof of permission to edit that work.

This map was originally made by nTh]Nemesis, but i don't see any credits to him or even a permission. If you dont have it, then this map should be deleted. Also it seems like you just deprotected the old Lords of Europe and remade the triggers, but 95% of the unit stats are clearly not your work.

Level 8
map wasn't originally made by nth]nemesis, i have only terrain from debei witch is mentioned in credits;) i started map from 0 because his map was protected. next time when u have something to say shut up if u aren't informed good;)
in deprotection units aren't retrived NOOB, SO SHUT UP.

Last edited:
Level 5
Well. For the earth, storm and fire spell for landing warriors, forget it. I tried it on my own, I had big troubles with the units of land or water (units landing on the bottom of the sea, and boats packing in the heart of the lands). That was a bad idea.

Level 5
Risk Fan, you should read what bomblader said. Even if bomblader used more than the terrain from DeBei, he still gave him credits ! But, by the only fact that bomblader changed the names of the cities, thanks to my comments, this map is not the same as the original !:wink:

Level 8
Turkey : Mameluk were Egyptians, Napoleon fought them (in Egypt). The Turkish had Janissaries, elite slave-warriors armed with a handgun.
You aren't informed good.. Trukey in the past used Mameluks to defened the country.

-Greece : Huskarls ? What the hell are Huskarls doing in Greece ? Huskarls were elite Saxon warriors of England ! Anyway, Greece was part of the Byzantin EMpire at this time...
I like huskars:D Doesn't matterthe country where they are used. When greece appeared Byzantine Empire had only constantinople.

-Kiev-Ukraine-Russia :Did you know that Kiev IS in Ukraine ? It's the capital city ! The Cossacks settled in Ukraine during the 15th century, and why does Kiev have Russian Infantry ?

Same Thing.. In the year represented in this map Kiev had It's own Diplomacy.So I decided to use it like a country.
Kiev have Russia infantry because it was a russian region.
-Sweden : I've been really surprised by the Swedish special unit ! They have none ! Maybe you had prepared one, but you surely forgot to link it to the tech-tree !
Sweden special unit is located at the shipyard named Swedish Frigate.

-Poland-Lituania : Teutonic Knights ? Teutonic Knights were Teutons, like explicited in their name ! And Teutons were the founders of Germany ! Poland later became a German territory, during the 20th century...
Poland and Germany have same origins.

-Hungary : Did you know that the name of Hungary came from the name of the people which settled here : the Huns. Maybe you could make some special unit inspirated from this fact...
-Nah...In new version i'll change Hungary With Romania:p

-Germany : See Poland-Lituania.

Then, two tech-tree failures I found :

-The Church shortkey (H) does not work. I haven't watched for the other shortkeys, but you should check for this...

-Why are there two similar healing units available at the Mosquee, with the same name, the same price and the same stats ? You should make your choice !
I let players to make a choice:p not me. Are different models.... Players should choose what model they like.

Level 6
you should maybe listen to what im saying... i talk about object data, thats the data about each unit(e.g. attack dmg, model, gold cost, etc.) and thats what you stole... and not about unit placement.... oh well, i guess i let the moderators decide what to do with your map.

Level 28
Risk Fan, you should read what bomblader said. Even if bomblader used more than the terrain from DeBei, he still gave him credits ! But, by the only fact that bomblader changed the names of the cities, thanks to my comments, this map is not the same as the original !
You should get some better information, it's not about DeBei, DeBei made the terrain and he's in the credits, the real problem is the complete object data list, which has been made by nTh]Nemesis according to risk_fan2.

Okay, I will have a look and decide who created this.

When a map is deprotected units don't exist! they are maked in the triggers area! JASS can to everything! I can't import units from the map. u are too noob.
First of all: flaming doesn't help, especially if you are calling for a moderator, you should've known that I was going to see this.
Second: he meant object data... the object data is not removed, I can prove that if necessary, you can still export/import/use that.

After taking a close look, the object data is exactly the same as in the Lords of Europe by nTh]Nemesis.
Every state, building, unit and spell has been used in your map, here is the proof:
(the World Editor is the original map, the in-game screeny is your map)

pic1l.jpg

pic3gp.jpg

pic2t.jpg

That the names/descriptions are exactly the same is suspicious, but that even the colors are exactly the same is over the top.

This map is permenantly rejected and I will give you 2 days to explain, if you cannot provide a good explanation, or don't give an explanation at all, I will ban you for a few months with as reason: "Stealing Recourses".
I can't stand people who steal maps, so you better have a damn good explanation.

I recognize the triggers are yours, no need to defend that part, but all objects, the gameplay constants and the terrain (which has been credits) aren't, do you think you can actually say that [b[you[/b] made the map then? (that's what your map says....).

Level 8
i made this map with the help of my friends mentionedin credit list. Yes, i used some tooltips form nemesis map(not all most probably:D)
Then, I don't give credits to Nemesis because this isn't his map, and tooltips are made by another man named stricken_2.
Map was uploaded in year 2007, so stealing doesn't do anything here. You only just this map because toltips are same. No credits or permission are necesary to import OBJECT DATA for this map! How i know that stricken or nemesis aren't dead? they can give me permission from graveyard?. I remade this map because they didn;t updated it from 2008!

Any author copyrights expired until now.

This map can be considered an perfectly remade not a map with resoources stolen.

Level 28
i made this map with the help of my friends mentionedin credit list. Yes, i used some tooltips form nemesis map(not all most probably:D)
Then, I don't give credits to Nemesis because this isn't his map, and tooltips are made by another man named stricken_2.
Map was uploaded in year 2007, so stealing doesn't do anything here. You only just this map because toltips are same. No credits or permission are necesary to import OBJECT DATA for this map! How i know that stricken or nemesis aren't dead? they can give me permission from graveyard?. I remade this map because they didn;t updated it from 2008!

Any author copyrights expired until now.

This map can be considered an perfectly remade not a map with resoources stolen.

Unfortunately, all races I've checked so far have the same objects...
It's not only about the tooltips, but the upgrades, the damage, the effects, other data (such as HP, mana, ...) and even the typo's as well.
(Such as: Steel arrows says "Increases Armor", which is obviously not the case).

The time doesn't really matter: "Copyright has been internationally standardized, lasting between fifty to a hundred years from the author's death."
Even if he did die recently, the copyright stands, you have no permission to copy his objects.
In fact, morally spoken you always have to give him credit - even though he's dead, his name lives on, which is something many people try to achieve (but often fail).

What's wrong with OBJECT DATA that it doesn't need to be credited?
He created a lot of objects, spent a lot of time balancing and correcting them and now you say that it doesn't need to be credited?
Why credit the terrain, but not the objects?

The standard ban for stealing is 6 months, though you 'only' stole the object data, I will not lower the punishment.
I've got to be hard when it comes to stealing, it is something I absolutely despise and it's a plague on b.net.

Level 18
nTh]Nemesis here. Original uploader of Lord of Europe on the Hiveworkshop.

How i know that stricken or nemesis aren't dead? they can give me permission from graveyard?
For what it's worth: I'm not dead (10 years after your comment). I like people updating the map, but I'd like my name to still be here.

I'm happy to see the moderator's job here :)