• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lordaeron's Legacy

Footman16 Presents
lordaerons-legacy-png.421109

The First Campaign in the Tales of the Alliance
Major Update: Two versions are included, one for patch 1.31 and one for the latest Reforged patch. The reforged version is updated with improved AI, maps and overall experience.

The Setting
Set between the events of The Wrath of The Lich King and the Cataclysm, Azeroth has changed much since the Third War. Stormwind are now the primary Human Nation with all the other Seven Kingdoms either destroyed, lost or a shell of their former selves. Lordaeron is split between many factions from the ever expanding Forsaken to the noble Argent Crusade to the Scourge Remnants still clinging to their last holdings.

The Characters

269747-6433de65529463e3cccdfa682f7f0caa.jpg

Lord Candor was once a prominent Lordaeron Noble who ruled his lands sternly but fairly with an unyielding loyalty to his people and the Kingdom of Lordaeron itself. He has been biding his time and power in the Court of Stormwind waiting to launch a bid to retake his ravaged homeland.

269748-c445694b3ef9747af854088384d89aef.jpg

Vanndar Stormpike is the beleagured yet dedicated Commander of the Stormpike Clan leading the offensive in the Northern Eastern Kingdoms against the Horde, They have met stiff resistance and he is running out of options.

83841-e683fd95954a387f08920e4b95117292.jpg

Sylvanas Windrunner is the Banshee Queen of the Forsaken her reach is long, her power is growing and her ruthlessness is legendary. She will spare nothing from the living.

The Campaign's Features
The Campaign has 5 playable missions and 2 interludes. It isn't the longest campaign but I have tried to make it as Blizzard quality as possible. There is a working Game Cache. Lord Candor features a new skillset and the Human tech-tree has been slightly changed. There's also some custom enemy tech-trees and enemy heroes have some custom abilities to fight against.

Gameplay
YetAnotherYoutuber, a youtuber (surprise surprise) was kind enough to play and record my campaign fully. His commentary is humourous and insightful and shows a lot of what the campaign has to offer. The version he played is an old one so bugs will have been updated since then. I highly recommend people give his channel a watch.
Since I last updated this campaign, two more youtubers have been kind enough to give this campaign a playthrough. JayborinoPlays (Jayborino) who spurned on the most recent update has some entertaining commentary and is great fun to watch.
And also ImMike Gaming who I didn't know had played through the campaign until recently, but I'm glad I found it as his playthrough was also entertaining to watch and has given me an insight into where there could be some improvements.
I've also found a couple more youtubers who have been very kind in playing and uploading videos of their playthroughs of this campaign: Silent Viper and Palnai who are both smaller youtubers but who make Warcraft 3 content and are both well worth a watch!

Another YouTuber called WanSaweR has done a story review/breakdown of Lordaeron's Legacy for those who wish to find out the story without necessarily playing it.
A Spanish Youtuber called Nekurrot25 has release a Spanish commentary playthrough of the campaign which is linked below for those from the spanish speaking community.

The first video in each of the youtubers' series is linked in the hidden tag below:

Credits

Hueter
SkriK
Kitabatake
takakenji
Ampharos_222
Mr. Goblin
Deolrin
67chrome
Uljimasa Hojo
Inico
Hawkwing
CloudWolf
Tomoraider
Johnwar
bakr
NFWar
MarcosDAB
Lelling
Svenski
DeathKnight
4eNNightmare
HerrDave
  • If I have missed anyone please inform me and I will rectify it asap!

Reforged Version
  • All Cinematics now skippable
  • New Forsaken tech-tree closer to Lordaeron's Destiny
  • New spells for Lord Candor
  • New spells for enemy Heroes
  • Mission 2 and the Interlude re-terrained
  • New AI for most enemies
  • Revamp of Mission 3's defence, including a new Ogre base
  • Bug fixes and improved cinematics
  • New music during missions

Contents

Lordaeron's Legacy (Campaign)

Lordaeron's Legacy Reforged (Campaign)

Reviews
Anaxie
Actually had time to start it. First off I LOVE the Cata touches of the storylines. Twilights / Dragonmaw/ Ogres. GOOD! Ok terrain is good. Pretty damn GOOD secondly story actually seemed decent now that I did more then browse the final level...
Morris
I have just finished the campaign and I liked it even though it was short an a bit fast-paced but the story is extraordinary The only thing I didn't like was the terrain I think its very normal and nothing special just like a normal Warcraft campaign...
deepstrasz
chap1: -there's a purple coloured Mountauneer to the left of Modi -Spearmen and Brigands look alike -night elves in the Twilight Hammer? -increasing the damage of allied troops doesn't mean base melee damage as the Noble Aura description says for the...
Level 26
I have considered this, but I'm in two minds about it atm, one of the issues is I've not really settled on a voice for Candor.

I'll make a basic change log.

EDIT: included some of the biggest changes for the Reforged version.
So from now on, only the Reforged version of the campaign going to receive updates?

You forgot to change the recommended version on the Reforged version :D I tried out, and it's obviously not working with Classic WCIII, but you should change it.

So from now on, only the Reforged version of the campaign going to receive updates?

You forgot to change the recommended version on the Reforged version :D I tried out, and it's obviously not working with Classic WCIII, but you should change it.
I cant change that sadly, the Hive itself sets that.
Classic or Reforged graphics on the latest version recommended?
Classic, altho the maps should automatically set it to SD mode but should be set to classic graphics to avoid bugs :)

Level 26
I cant change that sadly, the Hive itself sets that.
Lordaeron's Banner healing enemy units. I see the Maps section search bar is broken, because it's shows the reforged maps too with Classic Filter. I don't know what happend, but I'm not gonna purchase Reforged just to get a proper answer for a properly written question, and a bug free version of your campaign.

Lordaeron's Banner healing enemy units. I see the Maps section search bar is broken, because it's shows the reforged maps too with Classic Filter. I don't know what happend, but I'm not gonna purchase Reforged just to get a proper answer for a properly written question, and a bug free version of your campaign.
Huh I'll double check that about Lordaerons banner but it definitely only healed allies in my testing.

If you dont have Reforged, how are you playing the new version?

Level 26
Huh I'll double check that about Lordaerons banner but it definitely only healed allies in my testing.

If you dont have Reforged, how are you playing the new version?
I'm playing with the normal version, the non-reforged one. The Reforged one under Classic WCIII it's not function properly. Yes, you can open the campaign in the game, but it's pitch black, and when you select a chapter to play: it's an empty error window comes up in-game, and it can't be proceed furhter than that. You must close the game or just back in the main menu.

I see well fair enough if you dont want to buy Reforged but the latest patch is the version it is made for.

The old version is still there to enjoy however.

EDIT: Also if you have an older version of the game you can get Reforged for free with your CD key, you simply don't have access to the HD mode which would cost money. Luckily, my new version is still for SD/Classic graphics mode.

Last edited:
Level 10
Nice campaign. A bit hard at times but still enjoyable, the hardest for me was chapter 4.

This is my personal opinion: it was nice having less units than a normal campaign because you have to be creative with what you have, but at the same time, other than the ranged bandits I'd like to see some more custom units.

Love the terrain and the atmosphere you've created.

Edit: Oh, and I almost forget: the music. It was good, got me into the mood.
Was it all from warcraft 3 or did you imported any of it? I usually don't pay much attention to it, so I'm not sure if the music was remastered for reforged or maybe you imported some

Nice campaign. A bit hard at times but still enjoyable, the hardest for me was chapter 4.
Yeah without adding variable difficulty I wanted it to be challenging but still enjoyable.
This is my personal opinion: it was nice having less units than a normal campaign because you have to be creative with what you have, but at the same time, other than the ranged bandits I'd like to see some more custom units.
My original idea was to have a completely unedited human tech tree to make the gameplay as vanilla as possible. But looking back I probably couldve made some changes.
Love the terrain and the atmosphere you've created.

Edit: Oh, and I almost forget: the music. It was good, got me into the mood.
Was it all from warcraft 3 or did you imported any of it? I usually don't pay much attention to it, so I'm not sure if the music was remastered for reforged or maybe you imported some
The music is a mix, some is WoW music, one is from Kotor 2 and the final one is from Assassins Creed Revelations.

Thanks for the feedback and glad you enjoyed it!

Level 21
Any tips for map 3 (Ogres)? I'm hard stuck on it and am spending my money on units nonstop. Anyone who has completed it have any advice on the specific strat they used?

Level 26
Any tips for map 3 (Ogres)? I'm hard stuck on it and am spending my money on units nonstop. Anyone who has completed it have any advice on the specific strat they used?
If you use Reforged version of the campaign, than build up towers as many as you can, and use "Determination" ability to get the attention of the Ogres, so the Ogres gonna attack your Hero (Candor), and they gonna ignore the tower spam you has been build up. I build up the towers around the gold mine/base, so several Villager is gonna die during the mission, but it's still can be won. You can train units if you want, but Tower spam + Determination is worked just fine. Be wise with your spending, your gold mine is going to be empty 5-10 minutes before the timer is out. (5 Peasant I used to mine gold, and 10 to cut lumber).

Level 21
Eyyyy, I finished the campaign. I'm glad to see mission 2 was fixed so that the enemy wouldn't empty their base from the first moment of the map! Maps 3 and 5 defenses were quite hard but mostly because they challenged my preconceptions of how to play the game. Generally, most players will make primarily units with some towers to back them up, but the only way to win seems to be making primarily towers with only some units backing them up.

Looking back on my previous complaints, this just never really clicked for me on the Ogres map because I thought surely building units and spending my money couldn't possibly lead to me losing this badly. I think most players will feel similarly before challenging themselves to just make mostly towers. They're expensive and take a long time to construct which is why it is avoided I think - big opportunity cost.

Same with the final mission, I learned from map 3 and immediately only made a ton of cannon towers - it worked! I suspect no other strategy really would. It does make for tense holdouts, but it can be confusing to lose when being unit focused as the game generally conditions you to be. In any case, once I got on the right track, I was able to make it through and have a nice time, thank you Footman16.

Eyyyy, I finished the campaign. I'm glad to see mission 2 was fixed so that the enemy wouldn't empty their base from the first moment of the map! Maps 3 and 5 defenses were quite hard but mostly because they challenged my preconceptions of how to play the game. Generally, most players will make primarily units with some towers to back them up, but the only way to win seems to be making primarily towers with only some units backing them up.

Looking back on my previous complaints, this just never really clicked for me on the Ogres map because I thought surely building units and spending my money couldn't possibly lead to me losing this badly. I think most players will feel similarly before challenging themselves to just make mostly towers. They're expensive and take a long time to construct which is why it is avoided I think - big opportunity cost.

Same with the final mission, I learned from map 3 and immediately only made a ton of cannon towers - it worked! I suspect no other strategy really would. It does make for tense holdouts, but it can be confusing to lose when being unit focused as the game generally conditions you to be. In any case, once I got on the right track, I was able to make it through and have a nice time, thank you Footman16.
I'm glad you enjoyed it :) it definitely shows its age in terms of gameplay.

I hope you'll be able to play the sequel at some point with it's voice acting and generally more interesting mission designs!

UPDATE 23/12/2023 - The Jayborino Update
  • Fixed bug in Mission 1 where priest would spawn in the incorrect location
  • Added Visibility modifiers and pings to the main quest and side quests in mission 2
  • Adjustments made to mission 3, AI timings and attack wave strengths changed; goblin merchant and fountain of health added to map. The attacks from all 3 sides should still occur, however the attacks leading up to it, and the delay between that large wave and the next ones should be a lot nicer and give the player more time to recover.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hey footman16 i am having a problem with the campaign as the mission loading screen are black and on mission two the game crash when scrolling to the upper left of the undead base i am playing in the latest virsion of the game

Also the Ai for every mission breaks and they stay in their base doing nothing

Hey footman16 i am having a problem with the campaign as the mission loading screen are black and on mission two the game crash when scrolling to the upper left of the undead base i am playing in the latest virsion of the game

Also the Ai for every mission breaks and they stay in their base doing nothing
Please dont double post and use the Edit button instead to change your first reply.

I'm assuming you're playing it in the latest Reforged version?

It would appear you're correct and the AI and loading screen files have experienced the bug where their import size becomes 0, I'll get that fixed and uploaded ASAP thanks for letting me know.

EDIT: Fixed version is now uploaded. Not sure about the crash as I couldn't re-create it but the rest should all be fixed :)

Last edited:
Level 1
If i open the Reforge one it opens with classic graphics, but if open the calssic one it hast reforged graphics, is that alright or im missing something? I would like to play the Reforged one with reforged style, there is a way to do it?

If i open the Reforge one it opens with classic graphics, but if open the calssic one it hast reforged graphics, is that alright or im missing something? I would like to play the Reforged one with reforged style, there is a way to do it?
The classic version is intended for version 1.31, the reforged version is intended for reforged but with classic graphics and is fixed to always be in SD/Classic graphics. Neither are HD campaigns.

Level 2
Thank you so much for great experience, the campain was really challenging, and it is overall great work! Still there was a bug in Chapter 2 - game crashes when camera moves to upper-left part of the map, where the secondary objective is located.

Thank you so much for great experience, the campain was really challenging, and it is overall great work! Still there was a bug in Chapter 2 - game crashes when camera moves to upper-left part of the map, where the secondary objective is located.
Strange, I thought I'd fixed that bug, were you playing on the latest version of the campaign or an older one?

Other than that I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

It was the newest version, yes. I also tried to restart the mission and restart the campain but it did not help.
<(°~°)>
Ok I'll check that out and see if I can fix it :)

EDIT: Checked myself and cant recreate the bug :/ so unfortunately not much I can do.

Last edited:
The last update is only for reforged?
Yeah, unfortunately my time is limited as it is so I decided to make the choice to only keep one version updated but still have the older version for those unable/unwilling to purchase reforged as a compromise. Whilst this does mean the 1.31 will remain in a state I find quite bad, it's still there. The reforged version will feature all the future updates and bug fixes. After all, I am only human.

Level 6
Yeah, unfortunately my time is limited as it is so I decided to make the choice to only keep one version updated but still have the older version for those unable/unwilling to purchase reforged as a compromise. Whilst this does mean the 1.31 will remain in a state I find quite bad, it's still there. The reforged version will feature all the future updates and bug fixes. After all, I am only human.
Totally understandable, I was just inquiring since for the moment I only have classic. But seeing that Reforged now has proper support for custom campaigns, I do plan on buying it when I has time sink into customs campaigns. And yes, your decision is sound, I for one, would like to enjoy more campaigns that you are making. Maintaining multiple campaign versions is time consuming and detrimental in the long term.

Thank you for your awesome campaigns!

Level 4
In the second mission, moving the camera to the light blue/grey enemy base crashes the game.
Edit: Opening the map in the editor and moving the camera to that same zone also crashes the game.
Also when opening the map in the editor, apperas the message "Referencing unknow database field: 'netsafe' (Doodads/DoodadMetaData.slk)" "Referencing unknow database field: 'netsafe' (UI/SkinMetaData.slk)" "Invalid object ID: nggm" and "Failed to load Environment Map for tilset V"

Last edited:
Level 8
Hi there! Just blasted through this campaign! Leaving a short review here:
I liked the story, even if it was simple, it gets the player attention, even if it's a bit fast paced sometimes (Like, I was really expecting a slightly longer epilogue lol)
I loved the terrain, Chapter 2 initial base it's probably the part I loved the most, Chapter 3 has a good terrain, Chapter 4 and 5 are good but I wouldn't mind a gold mine to expand asides from the eastower point <.<
Gameplay started chill then on Chapter 3 Ogres went in: You'll die mood, lol, those waves are seriously crazy ones! Chapter 4 goes a little easier again then Chapter 5 enemy goes Ogre mode again <.<, or maybe I'm bad which I don't deny, overall gave me a joyful experience, going to play the sequel next!

Level 4
Played the new version of the campaign and I loved it, the changes made to the levels where good and the AI now works correctly, I can't wait to start playing Lordaeron's Destiny.

Last edited: