• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lordaeron Forces Footman (CSW) icon

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
im currantly making the remaining icon's for the Lordaeron Forces (CSW). couse doing my break on 4 day's (today included) have i ended up doing anoder map wich is quickly done.... and this map include the Lordaeron Forces (CSW) wich only the captain has the icon yet...

so here is the one for the Footman wich i made the simple way. if it's good enough for you. Injoy!
Contents

Lordaeron Forces Footman (CSW) icon (Icon)

Level 3
Way too dark in game. And obviously 3D. An AI filter of somekind may make it look like actual art.

Way too dark in game. And obviously 3D. An AI filter of somekind may make it look like actual art.
ive not used any filter at all. ive simply placed the unit on map. taking pick at just the right angle. edited that pick to only be that part of the pic i wanted. then pixel scaled it to 64x64, and used hive's icon borderiser to do the rest for me, downloaded that, and uploaded it.

the icon's i make is an alternative for people to use for model's not having an icon. they all work fine on my end. they are kept as picture/image file type of 2 reason's.

1. the program's used to change the icon file is too complicated for me to have time to figure out.

2. so it's more easy for people to change and edit them as people see fit if they so choose to :)

anyone can do with them whatever they want. not even need to cridit me for whatever edit people may do. but only credit me if using as it is ofcouse ;)

Level 3
ive not used any filter at all. ive simply placed the unit on map. taking pick at just the right angle. edited that pick to only be that part of the pic i wanted. then pixel scaled it to 64x64, and used hive's icon borderiser to do the rest for me, downloaded that, and uploaded it.

the icon's i make is an alternative for people to use for model's not having an icon. they all work fine on my end. they are kept as picture/image file type of 2 reason's.

1. the program's used to change the icon file is too complicated for me to have time to figure out.

2. so it's more easy for people to change and edit them as people see fit if they so choose to :)

anyone can do with them whatever they want. not even need to cridit me for whatever edit people may do. but only credit me if using as it is ofcouse ;)
No one can use it as is. They're too dark. They're like 60% darker than any other image in game.

Level 3

33.jpg
As you can see, they permanently look selected for some reason and are pretty dark compared to everything else.

Level 3
aha. i think i see what couse the pic to seem's darker.... the background blue colur is darker then the blue colur on the normal unit's. i'll redo that unit icon then, properly tommorow. and also remember to set the pixel size to be (was it 256x256?) instead of 64x64, that should fix the issue of it being smaller then the others too.

Yeah, I would definitely raise the brightness in general and just compare to other units until it looks right.