• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lord of the rings rpg a cool mehanisms to add

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi, i am developer of the big fellowship quest. It's basicaly all 3 lotr movies in one map. You play as one hero. I wanted ask you about some systems that i could add to rpg. For example unit back stab, stamina system. Things like this, that would make gameplay a lot of cooler because right now its only about killing enemy mostly+healing.Can you think of any other cool mehanisms?

Level 11
A armor system is easy, just create a counter and reduce it with each attack, and, if the counter comes to 0, every attack will cause more damage. Tell me if you want a GUI explication, tell me.
Also, a stamina system can be created with the "is unit moving?" system, that can be founded here, in the Hive.
Maybe, you can ask to @lolreported about his attack system, in the Path of devotion map.
About abilities, just use the Creating Some Basic Abilities tutorial, and you will find information for every thing you want to do.
About this thread, i really recommend you to post more information about your map, screenshots, per example, to receive more help.

Level 5
WHOA Fellowship Quest! I played that long ago. I always hated that if you died, you were out of the game permanently. And other stuff like with how hard it was to find a game being hosted for it, resulted in the Game Over's being horrid!

I think you should really up it by adding the Cinematic Dialogues with NPC's! Where you can go up to an NPC and speak to them! Start with 2-3 lines per NPC! I don't think the game had that many NPC's if I remember correctly, as in like the friendly ones.

If you want to go further, you can customize the stat system beyond just Strength, Agility, Intelligence. Lots of maps used to rename the stats, and even change what they do. Sometimes they renamed Mana to Energy, or Wisdom, etc (you can do it in one of the built in Modules, like Game Rule Editor or something, it's got tons of options to play with). Hero Line Wars even had it so you could press Escape, and it would bring up a Stat input menu! You could put in your Stat Points into Strength, Agility, etc.

You can even try to get cool weapon attachment models, and attach them to different characters at different points. Like maybe even upgrade Legolas' daggers at some point!

Other cool things would be if we get some environment exploration, like pretty waterfalls, nice skylines, nice lush trees (there's tons of cool tree models here), and it would be MEGA WIN if we could swim in the water!

Status
Not open for further replies.