• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for Warcraft III Players (Normal & Custom)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I updated the list, basically most people have Garena.
I'm going to give it a test and see how it is working out over there.
actually everyone (minus 1) gave a battle.net account. Not everyone (at least 2 I saw) did not give a Garena account.

You best bet in BNet, people can switch gateways without having to download a Garena just to play Warcraft 3. (Didn't they remove LAN as well?)

But as always it will be your call. (I just would hate to miss out on some good fun!)

Level 12
Also Garena is unavailable in most countries after the recent update so unless you're from South East Asia you probably can't play there either way...

With hostbots like MMH and ENT you can join from any realm, AFAIK, so I personally think bnet is the best shot.

Level 16
Also Garena is unavailable in most countries after the recent update so unless you're from South East Asia you probably can't play there either way...

With hostbots like MMH and ENT you can join from any realm, AFAIK, so I personally think bnet is the best shot.

That is true too many time i joina bot hosted game and no one is from my actual gateway/realm/server

Level 16
Probably we can get on one gateway, but most likely certain people will have lag on it which takes away the fun.

But I suppose we can try, maybe it would work out better than expected.
As explained earlier, If we are using a hosting bot, we don't need all on the same gateway, just to all be on BNet, But I have a Northrend account in the event we do not have a BoT

Level 12
I didn't think the Idea was for customs but for ladder style matches. A bot wouldn't necessarily remove the lag anyway since your ping will be determined based on your distance from said bot.

I don't really playing ladder but I assume it would limit it to our team vs random team on ladder. Also a lot of people were in favour of altered melee or at least custom melee maps.

Naturally there will still be higher latency if you join from another realm but it's not as much as if it would have been a player hosting.

Level 16
Last edited:
Level 2
I am European and I play on northrend, down to custom maps and ladder too, though the ladder delay is unbearable I think.
Is there a skype group? Add me, my acc on skype is drahovszkymark

Level 16
I am European and I play on northrend, down to custom maps and ladder too, though the ladder delay is unbearable I think.
Not so much as a group, but i will certainly Start one. Shall we call it "The Hive"?
Like I said apparently people use skype more then I thought!

I didn't start this thread, I only wanted to see some action more then talking weeks to discuss it. I Had no intention of taking it over, but I will if no one else wants to lead this endeavor. I just want a time/date set up where people log on to warcraft 3 (often). I know its not played as active as it used to be, but gathering friends on Monday night, or Tuesday night (These are just examples, not actual set days) would be nice to know "hey there is a few friends going to be on for game night, SO I can log on and play"

Level 23
I cant play during nights cause pc is is living room and I share it with my dad, which uterly sucks but this is how it is :D

I can play pretty much any day at around 1 - 10 pm CEST, but I have times when I have to leave for few minutes :( :D

Level 12
I'm pretty much up for anytime, even when I'm not online I keep tabs on makemehost.com/games and login if I see someone hosted a niche map.

Level 16
Cool, but put this in your Contact Info so i cna track it later.

I cant play during nights cause pc is is living room and I share it with my dad, which uterly sucks but this is how it is :D

I can play pretty much any day at around 1 - 10 pm CEST, but I have times when I have to leave for few minutes :( :D
Checking your Contact Info, do you have Skype? we can use that to set up a time there.

Level 2
Will do.
Yeah i guess the best way is a skype group because people always use it and you just need to type in the group so everyone can see and answer it :)
Btw, if you just want to play custom maps and you dont have friends online, just go to makemehost.com and you can see every hosted custom
game atm, there is plenty all the time! you can host with it either.

Level 16
Will do.
Yeah i guess the best way is a skype group because people always use it and you just need to type in the group so everyone can see and answer it :)
Btw, if you just want to play custom maps and you don't have friends online, just go to makemehost.com and you can see every hosted custom
game atm, there is plenty all the time! you can host with it either.
Hey check out THIS post.
The post tell how we got to connect via different Gateways/Regions

Status
Not open for further replies.