1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Looking for Warcraft III Players (Normal & Custom)

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by Xarwin, May 22, 2014.

1. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As explained earlier, If we are using a hosting bot, we don't need all on the same gateway, just to all be on BNet, But I have a Northrend account in the event we do not have a BoT

2. edo494

edo494

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    yea but still wouldnt that create some lag?

3. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    not as much if the bot is hosting, if someone else was hosting it would probably become pretty laggy late game. We do fun maps on BNet about once a month. WaterKnight sets it up and gets bots to host the games.

4. edo494

edo494

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    yea I played the Funmap evening twice I believe(its too late for me usually :D), but yea I didnt think about it this way(forgot the say that the data is shared)

5. Death Adder

Death Adder

Resources:
    Resources:
    at makemehost.com you don't even need to register or anything and ent only requires an account to use their bots.

6. kevlamin

kevlamin

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't think the Idea was for customs but for ladder style matches. A bot wouldn't necessarily remove the lag anyway since your ping will be determined based on your distance from said bot.

7. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    it was originally, but so many people changed it into something way more, and besides a bot can host melee maps as well

8. Death Adder

Death Adder

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't really playing ladder but I assume it would limit it to our team vs random team on ladder. Also a lot of people were in favour of altered melee or at least custom melee maps.

Naturally there will still be higher latency if you join from another realm but it's not as much as if it would have been a player hosting.

9. Xarwin

Xarwin

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Basically the ladder games will be harder to play due lag, by swapping to different realms.
    That's a pain in the ass.

10. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ok its been awhile chatting about it, been almost 3 weeks! nuff chat, lets get to playing it!

If you don't want to play on BNet, then that's fine. The rest who do, lets set a date & Time!

11. Death Adder

Death Adder

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now? Yeah now sounds good to me~~

12. I_am_Death

I_am_Death

Resources:
    Resources:
    err... i dont use B.net so what should i write?

13. edo494

edo494

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    it would be nice to actually play something, not just talk about playing :D

14. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Played a few games with a few friends on BNet today, was nice to meet ppl and play. (Games we hosted by "Makemehost" bots)

EDIT: We did a few Games:
    I heard some did Bastions Fall, but I was too busy in ORPG

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  15. Yan

Yan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What was the channel meeting ? I don't want to miss that again

16. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Different Servers Actually, But we use Skype. Apparently I need to use Skype more....

17. Lasvegass

Lasvegass

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am European and I play on northrend, down to custom maps and ladder too, though the ladder delay is unbearable I think.
    Is there a skype group? Add me, my acc on skype is drahovszkymark

18. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not so much as a group, but i will certainly Start one. Shall we call it "The Hive"?
    Like I said apparently people use skype more then I thought!

I didn't start this thread, I only wanted to see some action more then talking weeks to discuss it. I Had no intention of taking it over, but I will if no one else wants to lead this endeavor. I just want a time/date set up where people log on to warcraft 3 (often). I know its not played as active as it used to be, but gathering friends on Monday night, or Tuesday night (These are just examples, not actual set days) would be nice to know "hey there is a few friends going to be on for game night, SO I can log on and play"

19. edo494

edo494

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I cant play during nights cause pc is is living room and I share it with my dad, which uterly sucks but this is how it is :D

I can play pretty much any day at around 1 - 10 pm CEST, but I have times when I have to leave for few minutes :( :D

20. Death Adder

Death Adder

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm pretty much up for anytime, even when I'm not online I keep tabs on makemehost.com/games and login if I see someone hosted a niche map.