• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for host at Nothrend

Status
Not open for further replies.

bia

bia

Level 3
Hi guys well becouse i dont have public IP i am not able to host :thumbs_down:
but i am great map making/moding fan i am making very cool funny map but i need some one to host it for first beta :confused: so if anyone of you is able to host,interested in map making and play at Nothrend post here ur B.net name or ICQ number ill pm you.THX guys.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Hi.

I can host, and I play WC3 on Northrend. You can get me via Devil_Ash(dmc) and I'm online most of the time. Although, at the moment I'm not really playing much due to the fact that I'm sitting my GCSE's.

What do you mean by not 'having a public IP'? I'm sure theres a workaround and I can probably help you out if you want to find out how to host?

Level 6
What do you mean public IP? There's only two types of IP... Dynamic and Static. Dynamic IP's change, for ex. whenever I am unable to connect to my ISP my IP changes and it tries to connect through that one. Static remain the same no matter what.

As far as hosting goes Static is easier because with Dynamic you have to setup the portforward for every IP (incase it changes). With dynamic you only have to set up one for your device.

At any rate give me your router brand and ver. and I should be able to help you.

Level 15
Ahnem

Go to your rouders controll pannle and look for a DMZ (or demielitraised zone)

go there and enter the last diget of your network ip (should be the network ip of your pc (or mac or linux box) restart your rouder and TADA you now can host

Reson why you need to do this is taht battle net needs to be free from the demoic nat types that try to strangle it

bia

bia

Level 3
IP Address of Exposed Station: ???

witch on is this??? how do i found out?

Status
Not open for further replies.