• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lookin' for a map (alternate melee, forced ally upon town hall destruction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
After trawling through the database here, on epic war, and on the makemehost website, I've given up and decided just to ask if anyone remembers the name of this map.

The map is an alternate melee with various races, including dwarves, goblins, and high elves. Your town hall (or equivalent) is placed by you at the start of the game, and if it's destroyed, it immediately respawns and you become allied with the person who destroyed it. A player's color changes when this happens. Town hall sniping is the main point of the game, and the various races have different ways of defending against it or causing it. Elves, as I recall, had a mass teleport and some invisible units. Dwarves could destroy trees for a backstab. Goblins had the capacity to build lots of walls. There were other races too. The winner is the person who has converted everyone to their color (though I guess you could also interpret it as an "everyone wins" situation). The map area was reasonably small and it allowed for somewhere between 6-9 players. I don't believe the map had heroes.

I recall playing this somewhere in the range of 2009-2012. It was hosted by some bot or other at the time and I played it to procrastinate. I don't remember the name (obviously), but I think it was pretty generic. The forced allying is perhaps the most memorable thing about the game.

Any hints?

Level 32
Ah, easy. I absolutely love this map; I host it often in the summer and every few weekends.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-82208/?prev=search=servant%20war&d=list&r=20

I'm 90% sure. Your description doesn't fit it a hundred percent (mass teleport?) but that's the only game in English I know has the base features you described. The only other one even remotely fitting to your description is the German map, zwergischer Erbfolgekrieg. It's what you described without multiple races.

Level 11
That's it!

It's been years so I must've made up the mass teleport thing. Could'a sworn that was their special thing, though... oh well.

EDIT: High elves totally have mass teleport! It's a building that uses it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.