• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Longbowman

An awesome Longbowman to fight alongside my Pikeman.

Sorry about the huge file size (nearly 200kb for the model) but it's already been reduced slightly from the original size.

You don't need to import the skins.

Once again thanks to Oinkerwinkle and Magos for creating such awesome model editors.

Keywords:
longbowman archer
Contents

Longbowman (Model)

Reviews
Werewulf: Lovly model, but like said again, your models could use teamcolour.

M

Werewulf: Lovly model, but like said again, your models could use teamcolour.

Level 13
I would like it if this model was updated a bit.

Its just that the head is really annoying ! you see, you cant see in his helmet like you could with the others, but also the fact that its just so big annoys me as well. if you make the helmet just a bit smaller i would be happy. I suppose i was wrong to have questioned your judgement. These are great models.

Level 12
Mechanical Man:

It all depends on what you're comparing the model to. As an example, in Lord of the Rings the Gondorian archers wore full platemail.

Massive_Attack:

I agree that his helmet is large, but his head goes through the helmet during certain animations if it's made any smaller. I could just shrink the head too, but I decided it looked fine :).

Level 1
The model quality is fantastic. The helmet isn't that oversized, and the filesize isn't too bad.

There is a weird sound glitch with him that has gotten to me. Half the time when he attacks something, it sounds like a fireball hit a building. Happens with any projectile, melee or ranged, and only on this model. Nonetheless, A+ quality work.

Deleted member 139377

D

Deleted member 139377

dude just change the attack sound on the bleeding unit.

Level 9
Import the following textures to their proper paths:
UI\Glues\SinglePlayer\HumanCampaign3D\HumanCampaignFootman.blp (Overwrites a default texture)
Textures\RibbonBlur1.blp (Overwrites a default texture)
Textures\Flame4.blp (Overwrites a default texture)
Textures\Tornado2b.blp (Overwrites a default texture)
Textures\Red_Glow3.blp (Overwrites a default texture)
Textures\GenericGlow2c.blp (Overwrites a default texture)
UI\Glues\SinglePlayer\NightElfCampaign3D\Bow.blp (Overwrites a default texture)
UI\Glues\SinglePlayer\HumanCampaign3D\HumanCampaignlHelmet.blp (Overwrites a default texture)
UI\Glues\SinglePlayer\OrcCampaign3D\CampaignOrcSash.blp (Overwrites a default texture)
UI\Glues\SinglePlayer\NightElfCampaign3D\Arrow.blp (Overwrites a default texture)
UI\Glues\SinglePlayer\NightElfCampaign3D\NightElfArmor.blp (Overwrites a default texture)
Textures\gutz.blp (Overwrites a default texture) WOOOW HOW MANY OWERWRITES!!!

Level 22
Somethings not right... I was using this for my map with noserings' pikeman, and since they share a couple of the same paths, i just left some of the archers without the textures\ etc. the pikeman worked fine, but the archer doesnt.

Level 3
lol it is which and omg!!! way too many paths only one other human archer that doesn't suck i am choosing it because to copy and paste all those paths it would take forever (the lol thing is about heavenblood spelling it witch "witch paths do u have to use")