• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Long time no see, a little texturing fun I had

Level 20
I don't think there's a whole lot we can do to be honest! The models themselves are finished, and Thrall for example is fully rigged and animated with custom animations. However the plugin tool Neodex which alows me to export the meshes as functional models in the Warcraft 3 format is non functional with the 3Ds max version I use, resulting in crashes and corrupted files.

Perhaps if someone with an old version and a working Neodex was able to open my files and export things themselves we could get things rolling, however I'm uncertain if my files will be backwards compatible.

Level 39
I don't know how I missed this, but seeing you back here brings a smile to my face :D Welcome back, man!

I would love to help you with this, unfortunately I'm not currently in a situation where I have access to proper hardware. All my programs and stuff is on my desktop, which is currently packed away due to me moving. All I have at the moment is my shitty laptop. I'm also pretty darn busy with real life stuff.
Good news is that I should be able to get back to "business" in the foreseeable future. It might be a few weeks, or maybe a month though. But as soon as I've got the time, I'd love to take a look at it. If you have any way of saving your files with 2016 compatibility that would help immensely. Otherwise exporting an FBX should work, but I'd probably have to set up all the event objects from scratch. Would be worth it to see those epic models released though :)

Once again welcome back, hopefully we can get this sorted out :D

1656250524017.png

My minimalistic Human GUI.

Level 20
Alright, people.
It's time for a lil' chat! I've sort of had to re-orient my life and just kind of focus on the things that are important and that I need to get done, struggling with the Neodex stuff kind of killed my mood to work on this stuff and then reforged happened which just completely butchered my will to work on it at all.
HOWEVER, I know there are folks out there still wanting some of this stuff, so I was considering possibly just doing a mesh/texture dump of the things I made and just letting you lot go ham with it? It'll be raw textures and models in obj format so it won't function in WC3, someone would have to put in the extra work of making it all work in-engine, which is sadly just time and dedication that I don't have myself anymore.

Is there a want for this? If so, I'll drop it all here for you to play with.

Level 50
Alright, people.
It's time for a lil' chat! I've sort of had to re-orient my life and just kind of focus on the things that are important and that I need to get done, struggling with the Neodex stuff kind of killed my mood to work on this stuff and then reforged happened which just completely butchered my will to work on it at all.
HOWEVER, I know there are folks out there still wanting some of this stuff, so I was considering possibly just doing a mesh/texture dump of the things I made and just letting you lot go ham with it? It'll be raw textures and models in obj format so it won't function in WC3, someone would have to put in the extra work of making it all work in-engine, which is sadly just time and dedication that I don't have myself anymore.

In milkshape one can import it in obj format and export it as mdx, but at the cost of losing all the bones and animations.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Alright, people.

Already spoke up on the Discord but

ABSO-TOTAL-LUTELY

Level 48
Of course we'd love that, Traggey. Your work is incredible. There is a treasure trove here. It deserves some love!
Also, it's good that you've re-oriented your life and are focusing on more important things. I hope that things are well! And if you're ever feeling like blowing off some steam, the community will always welcome you back, I'm sure. ❤️
(Just for the record, the vast majority of projects are still done using SD models, and Twilac and Retera have been hard at work making the latest and best modelling tools - again, if you're ever bored, feel free to check that stuff out. We have a couple of servers on Discord that can help with that sort of thing.)

Level 39
Alright, people.

So I know we've tried this before, but it ended up going nowhere (mostly because of me pulling my one billionth disappearing act 😅) – I would love to give exporting these bad boys for you another shot! If you still have the Max files, maybe you could upload them here? Your stuff is too good to be left behind.

Level 17
Alright, people.

is see it now, im realy want to help you with this, i got experience with autodesk 3ds max and neodex to im shure i can help with that convertions, i already converted models from diferent formats seems this not be diferent 8D, like this felas

Attachments

• abraxus.gif
    abraxus.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • cherub.gif
    cherub.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • 1.mp4
    420.5 KB
  • osnaya.gif
    osnaya.gif
    703 KB · Views: 17
@Traggey If you ever do get the urge to try getting your models exported to mdl format, you might try moving the meshes and animations over to blender and using Twilac’s exporter. It is apparently quite good.

Also, Taylor Mouse has an up to date copy of the Max toolset for classic WC3 hosted on his GitHub. That might be a better, more stable option than Neodex, which is not completely broken but does have a lot of issues still.