• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lonely chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
There was actually a moment before impulsecobra joined in which I was the only one there (should have taken that screenshot earlier D;)

Jim Raynor:Where is everyone...?

attachment.php

/thread

Attachments

• 9Aug2014_Hive_LonelyChat.gif
    9Aug2014_Hive_LonelyChat.gif
    76.5 KB · Views: 279

Roland

R

Roland

Lol this worst than mine... I join the chat.. there are many others too who is in the chat lobby..

But no one even said hi to me or even reply to my Hello Everyone! So i just go out in the chat lobby :goblin_cry::ogre_frown::vw_unimpressed:

Because some/most people online in THW Chat are busy, Sleeping, Eating or AFK.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Lol this worst than mine... I join the chat.. there are many others too who is in the chat lobby..

But no one even said hi to me or even reply to my Hello Everyone! So i just go out in the chat lobby :goblin_cry::ogre_frown::vw_unimpressed:

they all just afk there, you should spam the chat as muuch as possible

other thing people do is they only check chat if the tab name blinks

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It is called people cannot access the chat anymore. The javascript that runs it contains so many errors it stalls with IE11 during loading. I have just given up after trying a dozen odd times.

The errors given are a lot of missing members for stuff that sounds important so I would imagine it not working with those errors.

I know for a fact that IE11 is not the worst browser on the market, passing most internet standards tests very well (100% on various ACID tests). I find it strange that it should not work now where it used to work before.

It is called people cannot access the chat anymore. The javascript that runs it contains so many errors it stalls with IE11 during loading. I have just given up after trying a dozen odd times.

The errors given are a lot of missing members for stuff that sounds important so I would imagine it not working with those errors.

I know for a fact that IE11 is not the worst browser on the market, passing most internet standards tests very well (100% on various ACID tests). I find it strange that it should not work now where it used to work before.

The only incompatible function seems to be addEventListener, for some reason.
That's easily fixed by doing a fallback function.
JavaScript:
function eventListener(el,ev,cl) {
  try {el.addEventListener(ev,cl)}
  catch(e) {el.attachEvent((ev.match(/^on/)?ev:"on"+ev),cl)}
}

eventListener(window, "load", function() {
  alert("Derp.");
});

IE11 is not the worst browser on the market, IE is.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The chat used to work. Either it has been made to not work or it depended on deprecated stuff to work. I do agree that IE used to be pretty rubbish when it had dominant market share, but now it is better than many of the alternatives so there is no excuse not to support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.