• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loki: The Awakening of Seth v2.0

Details
Introduction
A cinematic showing the actions in the past, ancient Egypt, XII BC.

In this modest cinematic you can observe the mysterious sorcerer heading to the temple, pyramid, of Ombos, the chamber of Seth's, egyptian god of evil and chaos, grave. The sorcerer enters to the heart of temple, deep inside the pyramid of Ombos, planning to release Seth from his sealed tomb. Seth will rise up and he is determined to exact his revenge on four mythology worlds: Egypt, Greece, Norse and Aztec worlds.

This cinematic was made as trailer, beginning cinematic, introduction of upcoming campaign called Loki: Heroes of Mythology, where you will be able to take a role of one of four worlds' hero and dive into the journey of searching Seth. (Under development no more)

Credits
Models
TheHiveWorkshop
pooispoois
olofmoleman
Hellish_Hybrid
neogaidenx
Kitabatake
JetFangInferno
WILLTHEALMIGHTY
Rondo
HappyCockroach
Callahan

WC3Campaigns
Daelin
TDR

Skins
TheHiveWorkshop
Horn
WerBackIII
Damob

Triggering Assistance
Septimus

Fade Filter request
AL0NE

Seth's model request
PROXY

Voice act
APproject

Sounds
www.pond5.com
Loki: Heroes of Mythology
Etc
Notice
<Type of this resource is Cinematic>
<This resource is created for Single Player gameplay>
<The map is not protected>
<Cinematic Duration: 5:00 minutes>

Version 1.1
<Hopefully fixed the mistake maden in the description>
<Hided pydarmid's bricks' design separation>
<Fixed sounds motion at the moment when the Seth's grave is being showed from above>

Version 1.2
<Added a fog inside the pyramid>
<Changed and added few doodads>
<Changed Seth's model into, in my opinion, better one. Sadly, not into the right one that supposed to be done by request. This new model causes better animations making everything look better after awakening
>
Version 1.3
<Model of Seth was changed into much better one, fitting the atmosphere>
<Improved Fog effects, by a little>
Version 1.4
<Modified an angle of one camera>
<Fixed ambient swelling pad sound, it no more sounds cracky at the end of track>
Version 2.0
Replaced some ground tiles
Added voice recording
Replaced music with proper one
Replaced all fire sounds
Changed sorcerer's model and skin
Edited ambiance sound
Camera adjustments
Seth's Eye fire model change
Fog corrections
Removed floating text and added fade filter by AL0NE
Removed cinematic borders
Replaced Seth's model with more fiting one by PROXY
Many other lesser trifles and corrections

Etc
Screenshots
Screenshot 1.
14632132.png

Screenshot 2.
29871978.png

Screenshot 3.
24348708.png

Keywords:
Cinematic, Heroes, Of, Mythology, Myth, Loki, Seth, Egypt, Awakening, Ancient, Egyptian, Introduction, Intro, Trailer.
Contents

Loki: The Awakening of Seth v2.0 (Map)

Reviews
10:14, 6th June 2009 by bounty hunter2: A simple and effective introduction to a campaign that will hopefully be completed. I didn't like the terrain outside the pyramids but that's it. The rest was done fine. Nice packaging, effects are used well...

M

10:14, 6th June 2009 by bounty hunter2:
A simple and effective introduction to a campaign that will hopefully be completed. I didn't like the terrain outside the pyramids but that's it. The rest was done fine. Nice packaging, effects are used well, cameras are fine.

Approved with a 3/5 (Useful). It can't be more since it's very short and simple.

Level 8
Nice remake, I like it. But it looks a bit blend, you need to add some more action. For example, there are some guardians in front of the pyramid and the summoner needs to defeat them to enter. He can summon his minions or whatever.
Good luck with the campaign.

Level 31
This cinematic have a proper description and everything else was well develop. It was using precise timing to enable every action to be execute at the exact time without any flaws (Implement by me).

During the WIP, I have give several comment & opinion about this cinematic to the author Approject via private messaging and it seems like he have fix most of the stuff been mention.

Resources was approve and 4/5 (Recommend).

Level 1
The map description says that Seth has awaken from his deep sleep & at the end of cinematic it is written that he has broken free of seal. None is correct as the sorcerer had awaken him.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/joa72t/WC3ScrnShot_060509_131248_01.jpg
At just bottom right corner of the screenshot see the wall. I can easily see a line which seperates the brick design.
Also the quality of the outer wall of the pyramid was odd. Vague somehow.

The sound at the time when the scene of the tomb of Seth is shown from above has slight problem. It stops a little in between.

Rating :4/5 & vote for approval
Don't know why but I just don't feel that it is 5/5 quality. Maybe because Seth did not look like real Seth picture.

Level 31
For example, there are some guardians in front of the pyramid and the summoner needs to defeat them to enter.
Thanks for the idea, but I was trying to show everything as it was in the original game, it's intro movie.
The map description says that Seth has awaken from his deep sleep & at the end of cinematic it is written that he has broken free of seal. None is correct as the sorcerer had awaken him.
Seems I've made a mistake. Going to fix it. Thanks for the notice.
At just bottom right corner of the screenshot see the wall. I can easily see a line which seperates the brick design.
It's model's problem, I might hide it even if I think it's not a necessity to do so.
The sound at the time when the scene of the tomb of Seth is shown from above has slight problem. It stops a little in between.
Yes, it does, somewhy. I tried fixing it, but couldn't manage. I may look at it again, the problem must be connected with timing, sounds' intervals timing.
Maybe because Seth did not look like real Seth picture.
Exactly, I don't like the current model of Seth since it do not fits him. However, I will repeat meself. None of modelers wanted to get on the creation of the right model.

Review for: Loki: The Awakening of Seth v1.1

Camera (7/10)
The camera was nice made, but you could include more cameras.
Maybe it's the theme, but I think, the small amount of cameras fits to the cinematic.

Music/Sounds (7/10)
This cinematic had music and sounds and they fit very good in the theme.
The only thing is, that you can hear it how they repeat.
You can hear it very well in the tomb of Seth.

Cinematic/Story (4/5)
Story was nice for an introducing. Nothing to complain about it.
But you could add a small white fog in the tomb, so it looks more mysterious.

Terrain (10/10)
The tomb was very well made, with all things a tomb needs. The only thing was the scene outside the tomb. It looks 'a bit' undecorated.

Others (4/5)
Like I mentioned in Cinematic/Story, you could inlude a fog. And the fire pots
were a nice idea, but the pots before the grave of Seth, began to burn to early.

My Rating: 4/5 (Recommended :grin:)

Tips:
- hmm, I don't know....

Level 6
Well ive watched this and i think it was pretty nice :) The camera was overall pretty good. The music were good too but at last when Seth is awake theres a bit too much with these groans :p Its a pretty good starting cinematic 3.7/5 :D

Level 31
Thanks for the approval, bounty.
This cinematic had music and sounds and they fit very good in the theme.
The only thing is, that you can hear it how they repeat.
You can hear it very well in the tomb of Seth.
Yes, I might work on these sounds making it not so loud at the beginning and end, making it like that, you wouldn't be able to notice when it ends and starts just by listening carefully.
But you could add a small white fog in the tomb, so it looks more mysterious.
Good idea, but it's hard to set one that would fit it, I might ask raid1000 about it if white one fits.
Isn't Loki the Norse God of mischief? I don't quite get why Loki is involved in the name.
Or is Loki short for something?
Yes, Loki is the norse god of mischief. He is the one who started everything, he wants to destroy entire mythology making it only a myth, making gods to be only the legends. Everybody who knows something about norse mythology, knows that Loki wasn't much of a warrior or hero. He was a cowardly half-god who always played on the strongest team. That's why he sent Seth to do his desires. I didn't mention this in cinematic since this will uncover in campaign when you'll have to choose, will you follow Loki and kill the last gods of four mythologies that guards and has everything in their hands or will you refuse the offer of Loki and kill him ending everything.

Level 6
... You just told the whole story of the campaign there XD But anyway i have a few things more: It looks a bit weird at the fire eye that the sorcerer can stand in it until it suddenly disappears and also some of the pillars doesnt really support anything. The pillars were built for supporting something but some of them just stands somewhere :p You should do so it cant be seen that they doesnt support anything or simply make them support something

Level 6
Well it happens a lot of times where they just stand :p i will try to take some screens in a few moments.

EDIT: Well it seems youve used the same model as obelisk too :p It made me think that they were pillars... But heres 2 that really looks like pillars in their position
Seth Pillars.jpg

Last edited:
Level 31
Well it seems youve used the same model as obelisk too :p It made me think that they were pillars... But heres 2 that really looks like pillars in their position
Oh, these. These are only for decoration, same as there where 8 torches are located. I thought you meant the bigger ones.
The best cinematic i've seen so far. Honestly, great work. A cinematic that left me the feeling of watching a movie.
Excellent!!
Hehe, thanks.

Level 12
It was very good intro.

I just dont understand why did u use script

"Custom script: call DestroyTrigger (gg_trg_NAME_OF_TRIGGER)" instead of

"Custom script: call DestroyTrigger (GetTriggeringTrigger())"

You could just copy it to every trigger without changing the text withing. It can save u some time in next cinematic :)

Level 13
4/5

The music seemed to be playing on a permanent loop, Kinda annoyed me.
The terrain was neat and clean, Also at the part when he goes by or gets nearby somekind of lamp it suddenly went burning was a nice effect. Kinda added that sort of feeling of history to me, XD.

Level 7
Whats loki up to now lol?! Before i play, 1 question, Do you by any chance own a copy of Age of mythology, or the Titans Expansion pack? Just curious so you know.

Level 13
Ill start right off with a review on your cinematic,

General:
A decent cinematic, overall I'd have to say that you are well in control of what you are trying to show the viewer, which is a good thing.
A little pointer which isn't going to fit any of the below sections, you've made a very smooth start on your cinematic, but the floating text comes in rather sudden, and disappears just like that, try to work with fade ins and outs on floating text for a more smooth touch, which you are trying to give the viewer.

Terrain and Environment:
I like your introduction with the dessert touch, you didn't place any unnecessary doodads, for a dessert doesn't really need one, and the fog + sky basically completed the scene you were setting.
Once entered inside, there was one remarkable thing I spotted, black water or fog, which was a bit of an eye sore when you applied the top camera.
Try to either fill it up or use a different camera angle.
I'd have to compliment your room designs tho, the tomb feeling was well transferred.

Camera Motion and Control:
Eventho you commonly used slow pans; your angles, speeds, distances were pretty well placed.
Try to vary the distances following the acolyte tho, for example over the shoulder look can be a nice variation.
One big pointer is, when you tried to pan outside the pyramid; it did completely mismatch the sound, the sound felt epic and the pan rather blunt.

Story and Characther Build:
I will not get too deep into this, seeing it was an intro, I like the fact you are trying to implement something with myths, it has been done before, but as far as I know (having watched around 400 cinematics) this hasn't been illustrated before on the level you did.

Animation and Interaction:
The Acolyte's Walking animation was quite alight, the hover is just fine in my opinion.
A point that you should take in account is the moment seth awakes, the scene is a bit too long for my feeling, however, if you are going to use the sounds you used, try to make seths animation accordingly, so give him 2 long animations instead of a dozen short ones, it makes him rather twitchy compared to the sounds, and almost gave me the feeling he is some sort strange creature that just awoke from a box of drugs.

Music and Audio:
You started off nice with the slow music and the fire sounds of the somewhat "torches" that lit.
Your summon sounds didn't match, the creation of fire could have used a better loop sound as well.
The music you used when seth was about to awake switches twice if I am not mistaken, but the switches felt rather abrupt.
The music and SFX use is something you should take into serious account, cause it gives allot of emotional scene setting to the viewer.

Overall I'll give rate you with a 4, a job well done, but room for improvement.

Very good cinematic indeed but there are some flaws to point out. The floating text at the beginning of the cinematic could use a fade away effect to look more smooth. Also the sound could use some more work because it felt like there were empty intervals between some of the loops and maybe improve quality of part when Seth is awaken (if you can). Everything else was ok. 5/5 +rep for the work put in.

Level 3
I do not review cinematics but being a fan of Greek, Nord, Egyptian and Japanese mythologies I only want to point out that it is not Seth, its Set.

Level 31
this is a master peace of work, this is awesome epic and great
its a real job its an awesome great job
why the project is not under development no more ?! i want it to continue please finish it
i can work on it with u
but please
+rep 10000000000000000000/5

Woah, thanks. Well I am sorry to disappoint you, I have difficulties dealing with big projects and this one might take at least a half of a year to make, I don't really have enough strength to make a campaign due to its difficulty.

But hey, I am making egypt-like single player rpg right now and it might be very familiar to this cinematic, atmosphere and seth himself, there are some small amount of info in map development section. Hope you gonna like it.

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

Your map makes me to to have a watch on it. It is pretty good! I like the flames, Loki and the souls surround Loki. They are high in graphics! So high quality! Wah!