1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Loki: The Awakening of Seth v2.0

Submitted by APproject
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

Details
Introduction
A cinematic showing the actions in the past, ancient Egypt, XII BC.

In this modest cinematic you can observe the mysterious sorcerer heading to the temple, pyramid, of Ombos, the chamber of Seth's, egyptian god of evil and chaos, grave. The sorcerer enters to the heart of temple, deep inside the pyramid of Ombos, planning to release Seth from his sealed tomb. Seth will rise up and he is determined to exact his revenge on four mythology worlds: Egypt, Greece, Norse and Aztec worlds.

This cinematic was made as trailer, beginning cinematic, introduction of upcoming campaign called Loki: Heroes of Mythology, where you will be able to take a role of one of four worlds' hero and dive into the journey of searching Seth. (Under development no more)

Credits
Models
TheHiveWorkshop
pooispoois
olofmoleman
Hellish_Hybrid
neogaidenx
Kitabatake
JetFangInferno
WILLTHEALMIGHTY
Rondo
HappyCockroach
Callahan

WC3Campaigns
Daelin
TDR

Skins
TheHiveWorkshop
Horn
WerBackIII
Damob

Triggering Assistance
Septimus

Fade Filter request
AL0NE

Seth's model request
PROXY

Voice act
APproject

Sounds
www.pond5.com
Loki: Heroes of Mythology

Etc
Notice
<Type of this resource is Cinematic>
<This resource is created for Single Player gameplay>
<The map is not protected>
<Cinematic Duration: 5:00 minutes>

Changelog
Version 1.1
<Hopefully fixed the mistake maden in the description>
<Hided pydarmid's bricks' design separation>
<Fixed sounds motion at the moment when the Seth's grave is being showed from above>

Version 1.2
<Added a fog inside the pyramid>
<Changed and added few doodads>
<Changed Seth's model into, in my opinion, better one. Sadly, not into the right one that supposed to be done by request. This new model causes better animations making everything look better after awakening
>
Version 1.3
<Model of Seth was changed into much better one, fitting the atmosphere>
<Improved Fog effects, by a little>
Version 1.4
<Modified an angle of one camera>
<Fixed ambient swelling pad sound, it no more sounds cracky at the end of track>
Version 2.0
Replaced some ground tiles
Added voice recording
Replaced music with proper one
Replaced all fire sounds
Changed sorcerer's model and skin
Edited ambiance sound
Camera adjustments
Seth's Eye fire model change
Fog corrections
Removed floating text and added fade filter by AL0NE
Removed cinematic borders
Replaced Seth's model with more fiting one by PROXY
Many other lesser trifles and corrections

Etc

Screenshots
Screenshots (Count: 3)
Screenshot 1.
[​IMG]
Screenshot 2.
[​IMG]
Screenshot 3.
[​IMG]

Keywords:
Cinematic, Heroes, Of, Mythology, Myth, Loki, Seth, Egypt, Awakening, Ancient, Egyptian, Introduction, Intro, Trailer.
Contents

Loki: The Awakening of Seth v2.0 (Map)

Reviews
10:14, 6th June 2009 by bounty hunter2: A simple and effective introduction to a campaign that will hopefully be completed. I didn't like the terrain outside the pyramids but that's it. The rest was done fine. Nice packaging, effects are used well,...
  1. Restor

Restor

Resources:
    Resources:
    It was very good intro.

I just dont understand why did u use script

"Custom script: call DestroyTrigger (gg_trg_NAME_OF_TRIGGER)" instead of

"Custom script: call DestroyTrigger (GetTriggeringTrigger())"

You could just copy it to every trigger without changing the text withing. It can save u some time in next cinematic :)

2. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am scripting during the midnight and forgot there is a triggering trigger call. :p

3. OmniBugger

OmniBugger

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The acolyte seems to be floating off the ground all the time. It doesn't look very good or is he supposed to be like that? Overall great cinematic 4/5

4. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The model of Acolyte is made like that, it don't touch ground, you can check it via World Editor or simple gameplay.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  5. KingB00ker

KingB00ker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    LOL, it looks more like a terrain showcase than a cinematic for me.

Still it deserves 5/5 :p

6. lord_ken

lord_ken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    4/5

The music seemed to be playing on a permanent loop, Kinda annoyed me.
    The terrain was neat and clean, Also at the part when he goes by or gets nearby somekind of lamp it suddenly went burning was a nice effect. Kinda added that sort of feeling of history to me, XD.

7. Tha Flamestorm

Tha Flamestorm

Resources:
    Resources:
    Whats loki up to now lol?! Before i play, 1 question, Do you by any chance own a copy of Age of mythology, or the Titans Expansion pack? Just curious so you know.

8. Hemlock

Hemlock

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ill start right off with a review on your cinematic,

General:
    A decent cinematic, overall I'd have to say that you are well in control of what you are trying to show the viewer, which is a good thing.
    A little pointer which isn't going to fit any of the below sections, you've made a very smooth start on your cinematic, but the floating text comes in rather sudden, and disappears just like that, try to work with fade ins and outs on floating text for a more smooth touch, which you are trying to give the viewer.

Terrain and Environment:
    I like your introduction with the dessert touch, you didn't place any unnecessary doodads, for a dessert doesn't really need one, and the fog + sky basically completed the scene you were setting.
    Once entered inside, there was one remarkable thing I spotted, black water or fog, which was a bit of an eye sore when you applied the top camera.
    Try to either fill it up or use a different camera angle.
    I'd have to compliment your room designs tho, the tomb feeling was well transferred.

Camera Motion and Control:
    Eventho you commonly used slow pans; your angles, speeds, distances were pretty well placed.
    Try to vary the distances following the acolyte tho, for example over the shoulder look can be a nice variation.
    One big pointer is, when you tried to pan outside the pyramid; it did completely mismatch the sound, the sound felt epic and the pan rather blunt.

Story and Characther Build:
    I will not get too deep into this, seeing it was an intro, I like the fact you are trying to implement something with myths, it has been done before, but as far as I know (having watched around 400 cinematics) this hasn't been illustrated before on the level you did.

Animation and Interaction:
    The Acolyte's Walking animation was quite alight, the hover is just fine in my opinion.
    A point that you should take in account is the moment seth awakes, the scene is a bit too long for my feeling, however, if you are going to use the sounds you used, try to make seths animation accordingly, so give him 2 long animations instead of a dozen short ones, it makes him rather twitchy compared to the sounds, and almost gave me the feeling he is some sort strange creature that just awoke from a box of drugs.

Music and Audio:
    You started off nice with the slow music and the fire sounds of the somewhat "torches" that lit.
    Your summon sounds didn't match, the creation of fire could have used a better loop sound as well.
    The music you used when seth was about to awake switches twice if I am not mistaken, but the switches felt rather abrupt.
    The music and SFX use is something you should take into serious account, cause it gives allot of emotional scene setting to the viewer.

Overall I'll give rate you with a 4, a job well done, but room for improvement.

9. SexYFrostWyrM

SexYFrostWyrM

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    It was a nice cinematic, i especially liked the background and the terraining, it was far away the most part ^^
    This was a little longish at the beginning, but overall it was quite good. I'm impatient to see the campaign ;D

10. WONDERWOMAN

WONDERWOMAN

Resources:
    Resources:
    the cinematic fulfilling its aim and interest due on the campaign. very well made 5 / 5

11. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    As a member of the group Map Reviewers, I will be checking approved cinematics again:

Compatible - X

Permission - X

Map already uploaded - X

Rules - X

Bugs - X

Genre - X

Section - X

Category - X

[X = Passed]
    [X = Failed]

12. drakexx

drakexx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol. i Just loved LOKI game when i played it.

nice work 4/5/5+rep[for nice idea becouse no1 did anything about LOKI :p]

13. meatfactory

meatfactory

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Very good cinematic indeed but there are some flaws to point out. The floating text at the beginning of the cinematic could use a fade away effect to look more smooth. Also the sound could use some more work because it felt like there were empty intervals between some of the loops and maybe improve quality of part when Seth is awaken (if you can). Everything else was ok. 5/5 +rep for the work put in.

14. AsXurian

AsXurian

Resources:
    Resources:
    I do not review cinematics but being a fan of Greek, Nord, Egyptian and Japanese mythologies I only want to point out that it is not Seth, its Set.

15. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    According to www.behindthename.com it is Seth, Set is just a variant.

[​IMG]

16. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I also know it as Seth and it is actually spelled as "Se-ti".

17. night...fade

night...fade

Resources:
    Resources:
    looks like diablo 2 lolz

18. UnHolyDarKness

UnHolyDarKness

Resources:
    Resources:
    this is a master peace of work, this is awesome epic and great
    its a real job its an awesome great job
    why the project is not under development no more ?! i want it to continue please finish it
    i can work on it with u
    but please
    +rep 10000000000000000000/5

19. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Woah, thanks. Well I am sorry to disappoint you, I have difficulties dealing with big projects and this one might take at least a half of a year to make, I don't really have enough strength to make a campaign due to its difficulty.

But hey, I am making egypt-like single player rpg right now and it might be very familiar to this cinematic, atmosphere and seth himself, there are some small amount of info in map development section. Hope you gonna like it.

20. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Dude, I checked this cinematic and it's really, really shot .. :(