1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

LLS v0.22b beta

Submitted by xenoche
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Lights Last Stand

Created by xenOChe
Map Status: Beta Testing

Lights Last Stand is a hero based defence map where you play the role of a hero defending the Gaian Heart from the evil horde, who wants to snuff out its light and anyone who stands in thier way.

Map features
- 24 heroes currently with a range of customized abilities inwhich to defeat the agressors.
- 109 items ranging from the lowly 'Ordinary' to the powerful Ultimus item class inwhich to aid your hero in battle.
- 9 Levels, each consisting of 5 waves, swarm, ranged, special, heavy and a full assault wave, consisting of a mix of the first 4 waves finishing with the spawning of the levels boss.
- Gold vault that allows you to gain interest on stored gold.
- Achievements that reward the players for achieving specific goals
- Demonic Events that trigger when gaian energy (displayed as lumber) is depleted and increase in severity as the game progresses.
- When the defending players perform poorly gaian energy is reduced faster increasing the frequency of demonic events

Any and all ideas for heroes, items, events, or anything you feel would make it better would be appreciated. If your feeling especially enthused you could post a replay of a game you had that I could analyze to help iron out bugs and tweak map balance (or to compare scores :cool:).

Credits
Thanks to psn_KINGSLVRD42, moleman, Ayraclus, Scribbles, Chrexis, billy4, equal., mkubasa and vlad770 for alpha and beta testing.

Thanks to the following wc3 mod makers for there much appreciated efforts:

Tranquil: Carpet model, Lightning effect, Window model, Lighting effects, snipe target effect.
SantoRayo[iP]: Gem model
Carrington2k: Black Hole model
!!GORO!!: Bag model
Dionesiist: Demon hunter skin
Krysis: Boots of Medivh
0123456789: Goblin boots
Kallimachos: Allure icon
rednek: Castle cliff tile
tomv8: Meteorite
WILLTHEALMIGHTY: Explosion Effects
Daelin: Mana tap, Ignis, Frozen shell and Cold auras, Pedistal models
JetFangInferno: Blood, Holy bomb and Enchantment effects
levigeorge1617: Shock Aura
EdwardSwolenToe: Eye of Saregas missile
Dan van Ohllus: Love buff
Ergius: Gold Ore model
EvilCryptLord: Infernal machine missile
Illidan(Evil)X: Ion beam model
anarchianbedlam: Plasma mortar effect
BlackDoom: Medalion Icon
AkolytOr: Ring Icon
frEAk49: Shimmer Orb Icon
IIILSDIII: Tome Icon
Mc!: Wand Icon
CRAZYRUSSIAN: Light armor and helm Icons

Any ideas, suggestions, head over to the LLS development thread.
> Lights Last Stand Development Thread < Map Status: Beta Testing

v.22b changelog
-Fixed guide texts.
-Added another tier in demonic construction.
-Many abilities tweaked /balanced.
-Fixed a problem where creeps would always spawn from the same side.
-Tomes no longer share cooldown.
-Balanced mana costs of all hero abilities.
-Buffed the demonic summon, Soul Reaper.
-Made the enemy forces red for ease of minimap usage.
-Demonic buildings are know pinged, so you always know where they are.
-Difficulty now effects the death penelty severity.
-Removed annoying pauses on channel based skills.
-Bank is now much easier to access (press Esc, press again to reselect your hero).
-Heroes are now invulnerable for 5 seconds upon resurrection.
-Level cap increased to 30.

Keywords:
defence, castle, heroes, demons
Contents

LLS v0.22b beta (Map)

Reviews
00:17, 28th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2: This isn't a full review, since we didn't put this map on a testing session. However I'm sure we will in the future, and you will get more reviews. This one is only for the cause of approval. My apologies,...
  1. xenoche

xenoche

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Auto-bank is going to be added next version.
    I'll make creeps red, so they can be seen on the mini map.
    In the next version the difference between difficulty modes will modify death penalties from easy (less severe than it is now), normal (how it is now) and hard (more sever than it is now).
    I'll add a periodic ping on altars every 20 seconds, so you know where they are.
    Golem has been nerfed alot since he was added, so I'll leave him for now since I should be more concerned with heroes that need a dramatic increase in power level (for example, the Dreanei Stalker).

Thanks for the feedback (even if its a bit dated), its still very helpful.

2. Skopetski

Skopetski

Resources:
    Resources:
    the draenei stalker is pretty sick with his very fast attack speed from the start. fix his throwing star skill and he'll be fine, oh and there's a tooltip error on his crit+dodge skill, it says 60% crit instead of 30% at the highest lvl.

Giving ATLEAST 1 scaling aoe skill to every hero would be nice, improving the class skills for: caster, fighter, ranger would also be nice single target dmg is pretty bad and boring imo and regen is the only class skill that doesn't scale and its boring.

EDIT: Some skills that are bad and should scale

Warstomp: good skill but make it scale

Tsunami: way to good at the start should probably do about 3 x your int in dmg
    hotshot: it should scale

Spiketrap: should scale and have larger aoe

Brutality: useless, passive skills are mostly boring maybe change it to a proc when you're getting hit to heal you for % of hp or 1-2 x your str

Icey Bane: love the ide of this skill but it should scale
    Earthen Bolt: useless but its the only bad skill on a really good hero, 1 x your int and make it aoe

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  3. Skopetski

Skopetski

Resources:
    Resources:
    create a timer so you can see when you're about to rez

4. Vaarj

Vaarj

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey again, thanks for the great new version..

Here's some typos that i picked up at the beginning,
    1. Something about "god" items to begin with, should probably spell "good"
    2. Gold merchant should probably be gold vault

Love that you removed the Troll Berserker and replaced it, the new hero is a lot of fun..

Just wondering if there's a chance you could add some kind of skip command to save some time before the game begins and between levels when i'm only saving up gold anyway?

As always, great map..haven't played it with my friends yet, but it's gonna happen sooner or later..

5. xenoche

xenoche

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah i noticed the typos just after uploading, lol, I hate when that happens.
    I could definatly add a skip command, I'll add it before uplaoding the new version (should be this afternoon if all goes well).

6. xenoche

xenoche

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    After the last update LLS has had over 200 downloads, yet no more comments? :confused:

Please people, if you play it, even once, leave a comment. It will help me make LLS better and as balanced as humanly possible.

xen.

7. Doraeminemon

Doraeminemon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey don't be sad, I think that's a great update if not there's many comment that scream for the bug / unbalance.
    By the way they can download but not play right away ( just like me - I got only weekend to play ).
    Don't be haste, I'll comment right after I played it.

8. xenoche

xenoche

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm not sad, and I'm carrying on with the next update none the less.
    Thanks Doraeminemon for the tip, I realize that not all can play it straight away.

9. Sgt. Johnson

Sgt. Johnson

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey sry havent played in awhile but did you ever fix a bug with the tauren chieftain (cant remember the damn name) his Pyro Axe mastery seemed to trigger off when he acquired a target rather than attacking a target =/

10. xenoche

xenoche

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh, thanks alot, I completely forgot about that issue, I've got alot of things going in the new map (usually I'm so good at keeping notes aswell).

11. Sgt. Johnson

Sgt. Johnson

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol np, and ya the bugs still there, kinda annoying cause it would be nice to use it effectively, rather than soon as u get it stacked to try and kill one thing it hits the first target he aquires ><

Btw why did you make it so the fountains now spawn twice in one round lol

12. Rakdos Defiler

Rakdos Defiler

Resources:
    Resources:
    Level 3 boss is hard. I did solo and I doubt you can beat the game solo eventhough it's one of recommended amount of players. Need better items. Ones you got are great but I mean like maybe higher level shops stronger gear.

13. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Final waves have too many spawns... creeps stop moving and fps drops to ridicilously low numbers.

14. xenoche

xenoche

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sgt. Johnson
    Demon structures now have 3 tiers, Fountains, Altars and portals.
    Fountains are 50% less effective in comparison to the old altars, so I decided to create two spawn times per level. Because they are weaker and reduce gain energy by such a lesser degree the double spawn isn't to bad (well, of the tests I've conducted, doesn't pose to much of a problem).

Rakdos,Defiler
    Solo is recommended to show that it is scaled, but, solo is always going to be tough because its difficult to manage LLS's multitude of threats with a single unit of damage potential (ie, your 1 hero), I am going to add the ability in solo play to choose a second hero, increasing options for solo play and the ability to better handle otherwise impossible odds.

Super-Sheep
    Creep numbers per level is static, and doesn't increase, or decrease with the exception of one time summon effects caused by demonic events (Heavy summon, Demonic Portal, Great Summons and Call of the void).

If you could post up that replay so I could see for myself the conditions that caused such a bug, that would be great and could save me some greif because I'm yet to observe a spawn problem. Obviously I would want to fix such an issue ASAP.

15. Rakdos Defiler

Rakdos Defiler

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok cool, I like solo play more than with others sometimes cause people can ruin it.
    Also untill you do add that feature, what hero would you suggest to solo with.
    I used the fel blademaster model, the fighter and made it to round 3 and had like best items.

16. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I mean the "Final Assaults/or waves" where all 3 spawns come together... or are the number of creeps based on the number of players, we had 8.

17. xenoche

xenoche

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Creeps spawn from all sides 8 player, but the full assault waves of the higher levels has the same creep numbers as the lower levels.
    Could it be that your heroes couldn't kill the creeps fast enough, so they stacked up?
    If that is the case then a demonic mechanic I was thinking of should be implemented next version.
    The mechanic is: When creep numbers exceed 200, 100 are sacrificed, spawning a Greater Demon at one of the sacrificed units locations.

What do you guys think?

18. DevilishMonkey

DevilishMonkey

Resources:
    Resources:

that would be much more trouble for the Player .. cuz they got clear the waves fast the fight the Boss alone .. if they are now too slow another strong creep will be a pain in the ass .. ( actually its good and bad ^^ )

My Review : I love playing this Map .. but there are few things i dont like and some "bugs"

1. Some Heros at the Selection have wrong stats cuz they are already lvl 10 .. fix that pls

2. Viperstate .. if the at artillery fires and you are in viperstate you gonne port yourself somewhere far away .. that sucks ..

3. The Rangers .. i think this Heroclass is UselessĀ³ .. played a ranger serval times but they are too weak and no fun to play

4.Items .. you should add some better Weapons .. there are not enough i think .. (maybe some splashitems ? ) ( or Multishot for Rangers? like +1 Target or +2 )

5. Some Spells dont work right .. like the Shuriken from the Draenei .. most of the time it hits only 1 target .. and the Splashthing from the MK Ulti .. the "splash" not works right ..

6. Could you make Shrines that are not in "use" invurn ? cuz sometimes players run around and the boss starts attacking the nearest shrine .. that sucks sometimes .. also making the Shrines ( and the Heart ) invurn. if the Guardians are Summond? like for 5 secs or something ..

ya hope that helped you in someway ^^ .. i love you map and i play it everyday ^^ .. keep up the good work :D

19. xenoche

xenoche

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's an awesome amount of very useful feed back, thanks alot.

Dreanei is undergoing an overhaul.
    The shrine invulnerability is a great idea.

20. herro_master

herro_master

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey rakdos i survived untill the begining of round 5 i think i twas or late four witht e blademaster fighter character there are really powerful items on the sides you just have to utilise the teleport base skill to get around to get everything and i didn't bank when i did that