• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lizardman Warlord 2.0

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
A new model!

Unlike the previous ones, this model was animated in 3dsmax with NeoDex 2.7 (get it here on Hive: NeoDex 2.7 Wc3 Modeling Kit for 3dsmax & GMAX)

Please use this as you will and as much as you can, but if you also send me a note when you do, you'll make me happy (and probably get me to play your map). Especially if you modify it or reupload it to another site, because its its er for me to track these myself.

Update 24.09.2018: Another overhaul with new texture, updated model and mostly new anims. I'll leave the old one for those who need it

Keywords:
lizard, warrior, hero, lord, chief, chieftain, horn, flail, gold
Previews
Contents

Lizard Warlor 2.0 Unit (Model)

Lizard Warlord 2.0 Hero (Model)

Lizardman Warlord (Model)

warlordicon (Icon)

Reviews
12:33, 20th Oct 2015 Misha: Fix his texture xD he's all angry-red because of it alright, works and is useful, just drop his ridiculously high HP bar :P

M

12:33, 20th Oct 2015
Misha: Fix his texture xD he's all angry-red because of it

alright, works and is useful, just drop his ridiculously high HP bar :p

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

this models is indeed really great, but the filesize is rather big though.
and i think that custom textures is'nt really necessary. 4/5

Level 42
I think i found why the filesize is so large - I used extra keyframes instead of bezier curves to make animations smoother. Also translation controllers ate some size. I guess I'll have to rework all the anims in a more approriate way.

Mdlvis, Optimize-Linearize animation might help (Make backup, Might break ur animation Abit)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
All your models seem to have really messed up tails, like they are sort of glued onto them at 90 degrees and seem to ignore gravity. Especially since their tails are quite substantial it does not make much anatomical sense.

Take this models stand animation. Its wagging its tail up and down against gravity, something that would really be exhausting for any animal, especially since the muscles needed to position it like that would be very small based on the anatomical design.

Level 2
love the model having trouble

every time I go to import it, "mdx" gets changed to "mdl" and it says I can't load it. I have re typed it over and over and I have this same problem with the lizard royal guard. Any help would be appreciated because these models are amazing

Level 3
It wasn't until I looked over him again a few times that I finally realized he doesn't have a right arm and has a flail there instead. Cool detail.

Level 32
I like both versions :b

and its good that the old version is still there

Actually I wastly prefer new over old, I think it has smoother animations and reads much better (in the old one his head kinda blends into the body because of literally zero contrast, and horns and bones didnt help here because they were the same tone too). I still got some stuff to add which I forgot (it was 5 am D: ), like some big decoration thing on his back for a more dominant look and a ribbon effect for the normal attacks

Actually I wastly prefer new over old, I think it has smoother animations and reads much better (in the old one his head kinda blends into the body because of literally zero contrast, and horns and bones didnt help here because they were the same tone too). I still got some stuff to add which I forgot (it was 5 am D: ), like some big decoration thing on his back for a more dominant look and a ribbon effect for the normal attacks

duh, i seriously tried to not repeat what the other guy said xD