- Jun 30, 2016
Live Streaming Partnership Information
Welcome to Hive's streaming section! This section shows a list of streams that are partnered with the site. Anytime a partnered stream is live, it is automatically hosted by the site. We hope to support streamers, connect the Warcraft 3 community, and more!
How do I stream?
There are multiple venues to stream on, but the most popular venue people use is www.Twitch.tv.
Here's S3xytime's How to stream WC3 tutorial.
How to stream Warcraft III
STEP 1. download required programs.
OBS : Open Broadcaster Software - Index
Borderless Windowed : RemoveBorders.rar
Make sure you set borderless windowed to hotkey.
Make sure you're always running these programs as admin!
Run your wc3 in -window mode. Which you do by adding ' -window' to the end of your wc3.exe target (in properties). like this:
Now simply hit your Borderless windowed hotkey twice to get back into full screen!
Configure ur OBS settings.
Make a scene, add a Window capture to that scene. select Warcraft III. Like this:
Select 'Entire Window' instead of Inner window, I think it defaults to inner.
you may have to 'Fit to size' which is hotkey ctrl+f in OBS
I stream at 2500kb/sec because my internet is good enough! try it yourself and see if you are dropping frames. which means you'll have to lower bitrate.
setting bitrate very low will mess up your quality. its all about how good ur internet is.
That's all you need to know. HF & GL
How do I get on the list?
1. Submit your stream on the submit channel button on the top of the streaming section OR post in Staff Contact about the request - we will review it and get back to you either way. Please not that you cannot speak on behalf of someone else, so if you want a streamer you know to partner with Hive, you're free to direct that person here.
2. Link Hive Workshop by using any of the options below.
- Add this image to your stream page and have it linked to https://www.hiveworkshop.com
- Link Hive Workshop in text with a caption that you're free to customize. Must have the words Warcraft 3 and modding. Example: Supported by https://www.hiveworkshop.com, the Warcraft 3 modding and custom games community.
Once you do that, we will add your stream to the list, and nothing else needs to be done.
Streamers and viewers must abide to the streaming site's rules of conduct.
Rules of Conduct - Twitch
Tips & Guidelines:
- If you have links blocked on your stream, it would be good to exclude hiveworkshop.com from the block list for obvious reasons.
- Other games are allowed to be streamed, but we encourage Warcraft 3, Starcraft 2, and other Blizzard content more since that's how our site rolls.
- Don't annoyingly tell people what to game, map, etc to play. Streamers are not your personal tools.
- Many streamers have a few simple rules or guidelines. Read them before using their chat box.
- Enjoyed someone's channel? Support them by following, going to their channel page! You can also donate and subscribe if the option is available.
That's all! We encourage people to explore the whole streaming section. You can find the full list of approved channels, featured games, and more.
Last edited by a moderator: