• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Little screenshot of doodads in my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello dear map makers, i have recently added many custom doodads to my map. The doodads all work properly but some of them need a certain minimum computer performance. And my computer doesn't have the required performance so these doodads appear white on my computer. That's why i would like to ask you (if your computer can show the doodads properly) if you could open my map in the editor one times and look at the north east corner of my map. There i have put the affected doodads. Could you then please make a little screenshot of these doodads and send the picture to me so that i can see how the affected doodads actually look like? Thanks a lot. This is my map:

Labyrinth of Nightmare (v9)

Level 21
And my computer doesn't have the required performance so these doodads appear white on my computer.
Are you sure that your computer is the problem? This is just a guess, but I think this might have something to do with custom textures that don't follow the 'power of two' rule for dimensions not being supported anymore.

I exported a few custom textures that are used by those wall models and I noticed that they have random width and height: 349x721, 480x317, 262x464. I'm using patch 1.29, and they all appear to work properly as you can see in the screenshots below.
Doodads1.jpg
Doodads2.jpg

Level 7
Are you sure that your computer is the problem? This is just a guess, but I think this might have something to do with custom textures that don't follow the 'power of two' rule for dimensions not being supported anymore.

I exported a few custom textures that are used by those wall models and I noticed that they have random width and height: 349x721, 480x317, 262x464. I'm using patch 1.29, and they all appear to work properly as you can see in the screenshots below.
I can remember that i have tried these doodads on an older patch too but they were still white. I'm currently using 1.30 on my map. And thanks for the screenshots!

Level 21
Try to open the 'Art - Icon - Game Interface' field of any unit and see if there is a little preview of those custom textures (Wall1.blp, Wall2.blp, Wall3.blp, Wall4.blp) on the left side of the window when they are selected from the drop-down list of imported textures. It's definitely a problem with textures if you can't see them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.