• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

List of sugestions for Warcraft 3 Reforged editor Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
My sugestions for Warcraft 3 Reforged editor Improvements:

Way disable cheats for your map
Having one check box is better, than figuring out workarounds, just so people don't cheat.

Memory leaks
This one might be hard to fix, but it would be big help for a lot of people.

Tigger Editor Categories in Categories
This would help managing big amounts of triggers.

Fix new trigger "Set abillity tooltip"
You can't put "next line" in text because it is not allowed in string variable. Way to fix this would be to allow next line in string variable, or probably more realistic add second string variable.

More building tabs
One unit can build only 11 buildings, we need more. Only ways to get around it is more builders or swaping units.

Data base order id - channel for all abilities
Do i need to say anything about this one?

Increase sight area limit
Maximum is 1800, but some units have 1900, so don't say that it is unrealistic.

Trigger that can face unit instantly
We can do this only with delay.

Trigger for detecting closest free space for unit or building
If you dont know what i am talking about here is example: when you blink with "Warden" into cliff it will place you to nearest free space.

Better interface customization
This will probably be a thing.

In Upgrades add stat +x starting mana
In upgrades you can add almost every stat to unit exept + starting mana.

Unload imported data bettwen maps in Editor
When i am making map and i have custom terrain or skins and i load different map it will have same skins from previous map. I think was is in game too but i am not sure.

Abillity to hide attributes for specific heroes
We dont need attributes sometimes but just unit to be hero for xp bar or portrait in top left.

New mouse pressed event triggers when you click portrait in top left.
For some reason.

Refresh mouse move position when camera moves wihout mouse moving
If you move camera and dont move with mouse mouse position remains same, very anoing when you want to create diablo like controls. But it is not necesary becaouse you can get around it when you calculate previouse camera position and move cursor acordingly.

On Envenomed Spears abillity attack speed and movement speed are swaped
It is very annoying, when you dont know about it and try to use it. When you make it slow movement speed, it slows attack speed and other way around.

Abillity to select multiple files while imorting
If you have 20 files next to each other, you have to import them one by one.

Campain editor - Testing map from editor
If you use campain data and press test map campain data wont load only map data will, you have to turn on game get trought slow menus and to right mission just to realize that is not there turning of geme adding it and turning on game again geting trought slow menus finding right mission and wainting for loading screen just to realize that you fogot to put unit that you wanted to test on map.

Brush list turned off as default
Brush list is that thing, that lags your editor whenever you do something, also no one uses it. If you have it turned on just disable it (at top of your screen Window - Brush List).

Rework how custom loading screens work
They have something done already, it is kinda necessary with graphical upgrade.

Adding locust trought GUI
I think you can do it with JASS but not sure.

Disable ability to select specific units
You dont want people to select specific unit sometimes but you still want it to be attacked so locust is not a option.

Disable health bars for specific units
Did you done tower defense and wanted people to see monsters health bar just to realize that towers will have health bars too.

Way to force health bars
If you need to show health bar for your unit but people will probably just have it disabled.

Options - change hot keys
This one is pretty much guaranteed.

View all doodads in category
Sometimes you just need to see all doodads, no matter the allowed region.

Symetrical tool for map editor
Something like Starcraft 2 has if you place something it will place copy on other side makes it easier to make symmetrical maps.

Object Manager - ability select specific object
If you ever used Object Manager you might have realized that if you find object in it you cant select it with it for some reason. No wonder that almost no one uses it.

Bigger unit selection for custom maps
I expect this to happen, 12 is little for some maps.

Way o freely rotate doodads.
You can rotate object to right and left and change height up and down but, what if you could put something up side down.

More control over abilities
For example: "Faery Fire" gives vision over unit in addition of armor reduction, you can change armor value but vision always stays.

Rework of lightning effects
They look very weird it is hard to say what height they are and they play while game is paused.

Wait that works properly
Wait function is little inacurate.

Change height of ligtning for GUI
You can do this only with JASS or am i missing something?

Floating text sucks
Is hard to say where exactly is and when you move camera it just moves and is pixelated.

Some craizy ideas but not very realistic:

New official terrain

Double maximum move speed, this one might break patching or affect optimalization trought.

Import terrain into map like you can import object or triggers.

Change size of map any time, if you need to increase map size but you allready done map.

Diferent shapes for regions like circle or rectangle in 45 degree angle.
patching editor

Status
Not open for further replies.