• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lightning Height

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
how about creating dummy units at the point of ability being cast and at the casting unit. raise the height of the dummy.

I think i forgot to mention a point. What i want is to have the lightning effect at one end be a certain height while the other end is on the ground. Then i would like the other end (the one on the ground) to move in a given direction. I've already done the moving and stuff, but only the height of the bolt at one end remains undone. If there are no GUI possibilities, could you give me the codes in Custom Script, or if even unrealisable in that way, through JASS?

Level 7
Daelin said:
Without JASS you can't do it unless you use QWERTY's method. BUT, through this, you can't make the dummies unselectable (aka give Locust ability) because if you do so, they can't drain each other. ;)

~Daelin

You could make the dummies use a non-existing model and make them invulnerable, then they can't be killed, are un-selectable and can target spells at each other.

But just learn JASS from the beginning, using GUI seems dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.