• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Life of a Hero 1.1v

As you can tell by the name, this is a life-of-a-peasant-style/open world map.
Thus it's about exploring the map, doing jobs and become as mighty as possible to be ready for the apocalypse.

Jobs

Jobs allow you to get gold, skill and attribute points.
Killing creeps for no reason might get you gold and equipment, but no experience.
Each job offers 3 unique abilities with 12 levels (beside one standard spell which you can't level).

- Healer
- Wizard
- Cook assistent
- Miner
- Soldier
- Bandit
- Salesman

- Demon (req. 500 points)
- Assassin (req. 1000 points)
- Collector (req. 2000 points)
- Mesmer (req. 3500 points)
- Barbarian (req. 6000 points)
- Naga Friend (req. 10,000 points)

The points can be earned by level-ups and end boss kills and can be saved/loaded from game to game.

Update in 1.1x: All these jobs require only 50 points now, so you don't have to grind for days.

The Apocalypse

Whether you are strong enough or not - the apocalypse will come.
And with it spawns a mighty end boss - the Tormentor.
It's a really bad-ass enemy, and he seems to be pissed, thus you need a bunch of well-equiped and -leveled heroes to bring him down.

But if you manage to do that, and I bet you won't in your first few games, you receive a mighty weapon, the Hellreaper, which you can save for future games along with your experience.

Features

- Weather System
- Stacking System
- Backpack for 6 more items
- Custom triggered spells
- Nearly leakless
- Small filesize
- Bosses which drop uniques
- Many items with model attachments
- Save/Load System for rank/experience and the Hellreaper
- A secret boss & unique drop (very helpful for the end boss)
- Socket-System which allows you to sock orbs into items
...and much more!

1.1x (Reforged version)

The height offset of towers broke in Reforged, so I needed to release a new version :)
In 1.1x there are some more changes that will make the map more playable, especially for casual gamers:

- Jobs require max. 50 points
- When killing enough bosses on the map, a voidwalker appears, which points the players towards the torn note
- The torn note has an additional ping to lead players to the ancient and thus The Banned
- The apocalypse timer doesn't run from the start. Instead, the apocalypse happens 4-6 min after killing The Banned
- Bandit goods give 80 gold reward now
- 6 pieces of ore can spawn at a time, instead of 4
- 3 patrols spawn in the nothern human camp, to hold off the undead a little better
- When killing the evil villager in the prison, the door breaks open

Credits

Thanks to the following people for making such great models!

Kitabatake: Leather, Bandit, Captain, Bone, Blood Armor (Renegade Armor)
Sunchips: Mail, Bronze, etc. Armor, Soldier's Shield, Fire Wand, Mage Wand, Hellreaper
HappyTauren: Blade
ikillforeyou: Helmet
perfjert: Buckler
TheSlaveOfGod: Red Shield
Haistrah: Pink Magic Shield
NhazUl: Rod of Necromancy
MistAssass: Mithril Hammer
HappyTauren: Tormentor (SkeletonFireWarriorMage)
ikillforeyou: Axe
Fan: Mythical Blade (Ancient Elven Greatsword)
Draknyte1: Captain's Blade (Chaos Blade)

Enjoy!

PS: You can find an unprotected version attached to post 85 on page 6.

Keywords:
LOAP, Life of a peasant, Real Life, Fantasy Life, Life as, Life of a Hero, RPG, Apocalypse, Open World
Contents

Life of a Hero 1.1v (Map)

Life of a Hero 1.1x (Map)

Reviews
19:52, 8th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Approved Review I also suggest you add a preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to...
Level 3
You just have to find other ways to make money ;-)
You can for example farm pigs, chop wood, sell artifacts/ore or kill creeps&bosses.

am not saying this that i don't know how to get gold cuz i have pretty good way to get gold it chief constable ofc but what if someone else took use the slow way of gold isn't really fun XD

just hear this quick see the peasent neer shop description u should change to what u said to me better cuz not all ppl could understand what it means.

look when u unsock and item this what happens the gem get removed the abilty of the gem stays on the item which is stocked so if someppl try it they could have the abilty to like give all item's dragons heart effects for all items u should try it ur self .

edit: and sell it in the end im sure about this 1 .

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
lol I don't know what u're doing, but for me theres no bug^^
I socked and unsocked several orbs into different pieces of equipment and I didn't keep the abilities...
Which orb exactly was causing the bug, and which item?

will after doing it with the dragon orb all kept the abilty and unable to sock them too .

edit: dragon orb with hellreaper

Level 13
New Verson 1.1j with Bugfixes uploaded!

You are right, I didnt try Dragon Orb + weapon, thanks.
I also fixed a bug where the immolation of dragon orb acted like meele damage (thus other orb effects were added to it) and fixed beserk orb speed aura (wasn't applied to the hero before).

Edit: (new v 1.1k)
Orbs are now completely stacking!
Putting 2 orbs in the same type of equipment will double the effect (e.g. 2 Orbs of Thunder in 1 weapon: Double chance to cast tornados, and more maximum tornados)

Also added the title 'king', which you can get by taking the king's scepter in the harbour region.
The king can set taxes by typing '-tax xy' (-tax 20 -> 20% taxes).
Every time a players earns money with his job (this does NOT include selling equipment or finding gold), the tax is subtracted from the income and given to the king.
The king should give a certain amount of this money to the chief constable, who no longer will receive money from the townsfolk.

However, players don't have to pay taxes. By opening the control menu (pressing ESC twice) they can refuse to pay taxes in the future. This may get you arrested by the chief constable though...
(Note: a player cannot be king and chief constable at the same time, thus the king cannot arrest people himself)

Upon death, the king loses his scepter and his title.

Edit: 1.1n, fixed taxes and a bug where using bladestorm as king caused a crash

Edit: 1.1o, fixed another crash reason (when a player refused to pay taxes with nobody being king), made the elite guard weaker

Last edited:
Level 3
main spell

there is a guy at first page said about this could u make it it would be nice for main spell* to be stronger

edit : my fault i ment main spell not lvl -sry but i worte this too fast the game was starting while am writeing this!-

Last edited:
Level 13
What do you mean with main level? You want a bigger map or sth?

edit: ah okay. well most of the basic spells are always useful, for example the soldier's berserk or the mesmer's energy shield.
And others just serve for earning money, like the cult evangelist's spell.
That's why (imo) it would be imba if some spells were getting stronger and stronger while others just make money.
But I guess I could work on making all spells useful for combat too, for example add a stun or mana burn effect to Brainwash or make a better miner spell.. I don't want to add levels to those spells though.

Last edited:
Level 13
You can get a very strong armor already, try to solve the secret which is pointed out by the torn note in the crater (It has something to do with an NPC).

However a helmet is still missing, right.

//Edit: I'm now finally working on the naga job. You won't be transformed though, only become 'Friend of the Naga'. This doesn't prevent you from gaining some nice naga-ish spells however ;-)
The new version will also come with a new boss that drops a 2-socked armor.

Last edited:
Level 3
ok im sure of it now when u puted the version with craft i summoned the banned couldn't kill him (couldn't find him ofc ) bam termintor came then i was in fight vs 2 of them ofc died once (we were at mountin) spawned neer wizerd job countuned and killed them the funny thing was termintor died first :D

edit: so make termintor a little stronger or weaken the banned a little +_+

Level 13
New Version online! (1.1r)
- "Naga Friend" job added (req. 10k points)
- New boss added (in the harbour region)
- Orb of Fortification added (increases damage or armor or restores hit points when taking damage)
- Made the Banned alot more resistant against snipers
- Killing the Banned is now also rewarded with 300 points (I think that should do @taleb)
- Made the Banned and the Tormentor tear down nearby structures (Aura)
- The Banned can't be summoned after the beginning of the apocalypse

Level 3
bug

ok i found a bug i first fused hellreaper with dragon then plate armor with blood orb then fused shield of anger with thunder orb it showed me the red text sold buyed then fused the first orb worked then second didn't work (was same orb ofc) then same happend with sharkness armor u should really fix this .

Level 13
1.1s:
- You get the socked orbs back when selling an item with orbs socked into it
- Uniques with more than 1 socket will keep their sockets after selling/buying them (that's what u meant right taleb?)
However, uniques that you socked urself (1 socket) will be unsocked after selling/buying them.
- New boss (at the pit) dropping a unique mage helmet
- 3 new helmets in the shop

Level 3
1.1s:

- Uniques with more than 1 socket will keep their sockets after selling/buying them (that's what u meant right taleb?)

no i mean read the what i said cuz today i tryed it and it had a little bug and i only could've socked 1 orb into them for no spasfic reasion

edit : did u make the naga stronger then barbrian or what ?

Last edited:
Level 13
I can hardly understand what you were trying to tell me before, but I think it's the thing I fixed anyway. After selling a unique all sockets were removed, so after buying them again they did not get 2 sockets again.
And I did make the barb a little weaker, right. Battle cry gives only +65 now and bladestorm deals only 1.05*normal damage (not 1.60).

But I accitentally made the pigs/rabbits etc. drop no meat anymore, so heres another version (1.1t) ...
I also added a little car race at the south east corner of the map (Two heroes have to step into the circles to start it).

Level 3
just remember sth the jailer with pardon spell have huge range and it can be used to get ppl to make them stuck in city my friend done that then am neer jail then bam jailed agin u should make pardon spell work only for prisoners would be alot better :D

Level 2
How do you free The Reaper from the Jail? When I stand near the door he goes vulnerable for a second but then goes invulnerable again and the door is invulnerable the whole time. So is there a way you are meant to do it? I even killed the Power Generator and the door was still invulnerable.

Level 3
How do you free The Reaper from the Jail? When I stand near the door he goes vulnerable for a second but then goes invulnerable again and the door is invulnerable the whole time. So is there a way you are meant to do it? I even killed the Power Generator and the door was still invulnerable.

there is a way to get to him but u need sth almost like can -make u go anywere- am not gona tell all the ditails so try make it alone and i quted u cuz i think the creator isn't active much lately.

Level 13
I've already stopped months ago (mostly) and made several other maps in the meantime.

Except for real big changes that I'm not in the mood for (like multiple kingdoms/big undead areas/islands/etc.) there's not much left I could do anyways.
Sorry guys :/

But if someone wants to work on the map just PM me and I'll send the unprotected version.

€: Here is the unprotected version without Save/Load System.
Feel free to use any systems or spells but pls give credit.
You can also use this version to add new features to the map and then send it back to me.

Attachments

• LifeOfAHero_1.1v_distribute.w3x
    1.3 MB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Level 1
Hrm, I liked the game but I think the Necromancer is a bit too overpowered. A way to balance him earlier on. would be nice.