1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The results for Texturing Contest #28 are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join us in our custom games night on Saturday, July 14. If you'd like to create a map for the night, check out the map challenge!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join in on Icon Contest #17 and show your interpretation of a legendary equipment set!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. We've created the Staff Job Openings thread. We're currently in need of icon, video production, and social/multimedia positions to be filled. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Music Contest #10 Retro is out! Join us for some retro/vintage fun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don't be stagnant - embrace change! The time has come to evolve and join the Techtree Contest #12 - Evolution.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. On May 20th a new law about privacy and data processing comes into work in the EU. I am no lawyer and I need help figuring out if we comply and if not, what we must do about it. Please message me if you can provide any assistance. Read more. Ralle
    Dismiss Notice

Life of a Hero 1.1v

Submitted by kleinerhauck
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Host map Arrange game
As you can tell by the name, this is a life-of-a-peasant-style map.
Thus it's about exploring the map, doing jobs and become as mighty as possible to be ready for the apocalypse.

[highlight]The Jobs[/highlight]

Jobs allow you to get money, experience, skill and attribute points.
Killing creeps for no reason might get you gold, but no experience.
Each job offers 3 unique abilities with 12 levels (beside one standard spell which you can't level).

List of Jobs

- Healer
- Wizard
- Cook assistent
- Miner
- Soldier
- Bandit
- Salesman
- Demon (req. 500 points)
- Assassin (req. 1000 points)
- Collector (req. 2000 points)
- Mesmer (req. 3500 points)
- Barbarian (req. 6000 points)
- Naga Friend (req. 10,000 points)
...more to come!

The points can be earned by level-ups and end boss kills and can be saved/loaded from game to game.

[highlight]The Apocalypse[/highlight]

Whether you are strong enough or not - the apocalypse will come.
And with it spawns a mighty end boss - the Tormentor.
It's a really bad-ass enemy, and he seems to be pissed, thus you need a bunch of well-equiped and -leveled heroes to bring him down.

But if you manage to do that, and I bet you won't in your first few games, you receive a mighty weapon, the Hellreaper, which you can save for future games along with your experience.

The Hellreaper

(Not up to date)
[​IMG]

[highlight]Features[/highlight]

- Weather System
- Stacking System
- Backpack for 6 more items
- Custom triggered spells
- Nearly leakless
- Small filesize
- Bosses which drop uniques
- Many items with model attachments
- Save/Load System for rank/experience and the Hellreaper
- A secret boss & unique drop (very helpful for the end boss)
- Socket-System which allows you to sock orbs into items
...and much more!

[highlight]Screenshots[/highlight]

Screenshots

Overview:
[​IMG]

Show-off:
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Ingame:
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

[highlight]Credits[/highlight]

Thanks to the following people for making such great models!
Credits

Kitabatake: Leather, Bandit, Captain, Bone, Blood Armor (Renegade Armor)
Sunchips: Mail, Bronze, etc. Armor, Soldier's Shield, Fire Wand, Mage Wand, Hellreaper
HappyTauren: Blade
ikillforeyou: Helmet
perfjert: Buckler
TheSlaveOfGod: Red Shield
Haistrah: Pink Magic Shield
NhazUl: Rod of Necromancy
MistAssass: Mithril Hammer
HappyTauren: Tormentor (SkeletonFireWarriorMage)
ikillforeyou: Axe
Fan: Mythical Blade (Ancient Elven Greatsword)
Draknyte1: Captain's Blade (Chaos Blade)

Enjoy!

PS: You can find an unprotected version attached to post 85 on page 6.

Keywords:
LOAP, Life of a peasant, Real Life, Fantasy Life, Life as, Life of a Hero, RPG, Apocalypse
Contents

Life of a Hero 1.1v (Map)

Reviews
19:52, 8th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Approved Review I also suggest you add a preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to...
  1. 19:52, 8th Sep 2011
    Vengeancekael:

Review

I also suggest you add a preview image:
    To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

[​IMG]Contact Me

2. MR.Tricky

MR.Tricky

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hrm.. Looks good... gonna test
    Edit:Done Review
    Review

Gameplay
    It was a great game which has lots of possibilities that can happen depending on the players which makes it fun and different all the time + it's an rpg with different jobs, Save system and a way for all to play individually but it is hard to understand the game at 1st simply because people nowadsays don't bother to use "help" functions.4/5
    Bugs
    Lots of errors which makes the game difficult.2/5
    Map
    the map is big which makes players walk around and have fun being a loap map all and all. Nice terrain. Doodads here and there. Patrolling guards that can be hired.unique jobs but needs improvement but still fun(3/5)
    Overall
    Nice map keep on improving (9/15)(approved) keep up the good work and i hope that you will work on this map because it has potential
    :goblin_good_job:That is all:goblin_good_job:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  3. MrStormyZ

MrStormyZ

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    never been a fan of LOAP type maps but this looks interesting..

4. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Terrains looks nice, there are immplemented quite intresting systems and people can join different sides and fight against each other...
    That's fun.
    But some more variety of intresting things to do would be cool.

Oh, and you could like add more jobs like fisherman or adventurer.
    Also some interiors would be excelent too.

5. MR.Tricky

MR.Tricky

Resources:
    Resources:
    maybe you should put shops in different areas because there is only one in the city which is hard to buy when youre not allied to the city
    And maybe add different towns of different races(such as a town for demons,orcs,zombies,bandits,humans) that has their own shops
    and if the demon levels up while possessing others it won't gain skill points

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  6. Arcisal

Arcisal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is pretty good for a LOAP map to be honest. I like the whole "Global Experience" system.

Nice work. But Terrain could use some improvements though.

PS. Add more features.

7. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, yes! more features is what you mostly need now! I think a crafting system would perfectly fit this map!

8. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map Review

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] "Life of a Hero" also known as the life of a peasant custom map made by kleinerhauck. he develops a game were players can have different roles and live a life like a peasant and brace themselves from an upcoming apocalypse that would bring only catastrophe on the world.
    Map Review

Life of a Hero 1.0a
    Rating System
    Rating Number Percent Letter
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 5/5 91-100 A
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 4/5 81-90% B
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 3/5 75-80% C
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 2/5 70-74% D
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 1/5 50-69% F

General:

Gameplay-[5/5]
    Note: Were I pronounce your game challenging or a waste of time.

Playability-[5/5]
    Note: This part tells me if the game is rather fun and can be played again and again.

Terrain-[5/5]
    Note: Were I tell your game's environmental display is either great or terrible.

Managing-[5/5]
    Note: This is were I explain the output or outcome quality of the game.

Bug/s
    Note: No score, just to tell your map has bugs on it or simply bug-free.

Overall-[20/20]

About My Reputations:

[​IMG] My complements for the Maker/s of the map's game.

[​IMG] Were I explain your map needs to get fix or make an improvement of your work.

Overview
    Gameplay

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] The Game was good, so many elements that were going on inside the game that makes it unique and cool at the same time, yet still, the game is less than I expect, but your still on the move for more updates, Good job!

Playability

[​IMG] Its fun to play the game over and over again because of all of those jobs and things you can do in the game, and this LOAP map only relates on a medieval style instead of those spoiled modern like versions that were spammed with so much resources that end up bad to play, anyways I hope you can add more rare and exotic roles in your game.

Terrain

[​IMG] The Terrain went well, but some of it did not, try to fix the village's buildings because I observed some bad placings to it, and same with the terrain, it kinda looks quiet and plain but because of the weather effect, its trying to make the map alive, for my suggestion, expand your map, make it bigger and I hope you can do more changes.

Managing

[​IMG] Your map managing has approved me very well, I mean this is the only LOAP I've seen using RPG concepts instead of modern style ones which I stated above, spells went well but still a few, same with the items and units, but still there all badass and I hope you can make more, more!, and More!.

Bug/s

About the Weather System, when its raining? or declaring a sand storm or whatsoever, there is this white lightning that blocks the user's view in the game that is so annoying, please try to remove it or change it in a fog state instead.

Total Score
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 12/20 80% C

Fair! [​IMG]
    Hope you can do better than before, Goodluck!
    happy map-making!

9. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    very nice map i love it!! 5/5 vote for approval and +rep :thumbs_up:
    maybe you should use a more advanced stacking system :wink:
    i hope i see updates of this map soon :D

Suggestions

-Add more items and a forge system
    -Add more jobs like warrior, ninja, assassin,
    -Add more types of creeps like lion etc.
    -Replace your stacking system with the one that i suggested
    -Make your main ability for each job to lvl up without costs according to villager level
    -Make the map bigger and change the creep areas so that a bear won't spawn next to a small spider(for example lvl 1-3 areas for spiders, 4-7 for murlocs, 8-10 bears etc.)

10. DaHomieG

DaHomieG

Resources:
    Resources:
    Love the map, but the only thing I dislike is the global expierience system. It's neat, but it's SLOW. I wanted to pick the Demon job, but it required 500 XP. So I picked Necromancer, and had a lot of fun, got to level 16, and was already spawn camping the whole entire map with my zombies. Yet, I only had 170 XP. Then I look at the Assassin job, and I'm like: "1000 XP? WTF?"

EDIT: So after quite some time and finally defeating that Apocalypse event, I eventually got to 1000 XP. I must say the wait was worth it. The Assassin job is wonderful. I found a bug though: When you're the Assassin, you can buy all 3 of the titles (Cheif, Undead Master and Bandit Lord). I was chuckling as I made all 3 forces collide at the gate entrance to the town.

On a side note, I believe there should be, as mentioned above, more shops and interesting items (Hellreaper + Dragon's Heart + Speed of Light (Assassin Spell) = Epic Pwnage), as well as more interesting spells. I think that each job should have their own unique spells. As in, Miner shouldn't have Cleaving Strike, just like the Watchman does.

All in all, I can't wait for future versions, and I hope they come soon. I'm utterly bored of doing Tol Barad dailies in WoW.. :p

5/5 and +rep :)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  11. kevlamin

kevlamin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome Map Dude Me and my friend were playing in bnet But found a slight glitch with demon form you can spam any of his spells because the spells seem to wait like a second before the CD starts either way cant wait for more 4/5 and + rep

12. ImperialShadow

ImperialShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    this game very nice.I enjoy playing it.Just wonder for the demon,you havent put the Orc and Demon inside it?

13. kevlamin

kevlamin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Another Problem is that assasins can kill anyone without taking any damage (unless they have the sheild the Rev drops) bu using their W skill every 2-3 hits the enemy is perma stunned -- thats how i killed the Tormentor

14. kleinerhauck

kleinerhauck

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for testing the map and giving so much positive feeback! :)
    I will work on the things you mentioned.

@ImperialShadow:
    There are no orcs, I fixed the tooltips. Demons spawn when the apocalypse begins.
    @DaHomieG: The miner is the only one that has Cleaving Strike. But some jobs share their basic ability (Ensnare, Windwalk). Beside that they are all unique.
    @xorkatoss: Increasing the level of the basic ability according to the hero level is a nice idea, I might add that (but only every 10 hero levels or so).
    @xorkatoss and tleno: What do you mean with forge/crafting system? Recipes? I was thinking about making sockets for the items to put orbs inside, but I would need tons of different items for all the possibilities :/

v1.1 is in progress; there will be two more jobs (Mesmer and Barbarian for 3,5k and 6k points) and some bugfixes.

Barbarian Screenshots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

/E: More changes are to come!
    The map is already a little bit bigger (added a harbour region in the south) and will receive 2 more new jobs (Naga and Salesman).

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  15. kleinerhauck

kleinerhauck

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    New version 1.1a is online!
    It doesn't contain the planned jobs Naga and Salesman but Mesmer and Barbarian and the new harbour region as well as some bugfixes.

/edit: fixed a bug real quick; you couldn't hire villagers in 1.1a...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  16. DaHomieG

DaHomieG

Resources:
    Resources:
    6k? Bro you're trippin'.. o.0 I couldn't even make 3k for the Collector after 3 hours of playing..

17. kleinerhauck

kleinerhauck

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You have to save the points and play multiple times to get 6k ;-)

18. kevlamin

kevlamin

Resources:
    Resources:
    >.< lol hosted it for my friend again today -- his code was like 32, 000 XP looking foward to more jobs :D and content
    Spoiler Alert:
    For some reason we found the secret boss much harder than the tormentor untill I got mage and the rod the guy who activates the secret boss drops,then I could hide in an area inacessable by him via pheniox strike and kill him from a distance

19. kleinerhauck

kleinerhauck

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow 32k not bad. That's even more than I have after testing new versions dozens of times :D
    I already finished another job (salesman) for the next version which won't require any points though.

I guess I also have to add new ranks soon :D