• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legion Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
They milked all the characters ;p

Yeah, WoD did do that. When you think about it WoD added nothing to the story, those events will never be mentioned again. This expansion existed purely to sell tickets to the WarCraft film. In Legion at least I feel as though it all does have an overarching meaning in the big game. Something I do hate however is how they try to ground the aspects and put them on a mortal level, with Xavius taking out Ysera, Thrall becoming an aspect and 5 people being able to deal with Murozond... If you look back at the older works of Blizzard like Day of the Dragon and War of the Ancients however the Aspects were borderline gods, even without the power of the Titans they still would have been far beyond the level of any mortal.

The aspects are in addition characters that have been milked far too little as they should be much more involved seeing as they're the protectors of our world.

Level 24
this is just sad. :(

Yeah anyone who has read Dawn of the Aspects knows more than full well that there can never be too many people like Ysera in the world, despite being tiny and weak she always looked out for other, risking her own safety several times over.

It's really beautiful too, even though it's mostly sad, even Elune morns Ysera. Not too surprising after all, Ysera did raise her son.

Last edited:
Level 14
I am sure when people overcome her death blizz will bring her back as some spirit/vision/reincarnation etc. I mean I did chop Cenarius down back in warcraft 3. Blizz does indeed milk old characters a lot.(endlessly)
I think by the end of the expansion another major 'player' will die, either that being Jaina who becomes completely mad, Illidan with the redeeming cliche sacrifice-to-save-all, Sylvanas given that past warchiefs don't last long(and she is becoming increasingly annoying). Probably easier to check which voice actor's contract expires soon. :D

Level 24
I am sure when people overcome her death blizz will bring her back as some spirit/vision/reincarnation etc. I mean I did chop Cenarius down back in warcraft 3. Blizz does indeed milk old characters a lot.(endlessly)
I think by the end of the expansion another major 'player' will die, either that being Jaina who becomes completely mad, Illidan with the redeeming cliche sacrifice-to-save-all, Sylvanas given that past warchiefs don't last long(and she is becoming increasingly annoying). Probably easier to check which voice actor's contract expires soon. :D

Well, it's not like Sylvanas has died before, *cough* Quel'Thalas *cough* the Frozen Throne *cough* Silverpine *cough*. You could certainly try to kill her but she'll bounce back every time. ;)

Level 8
Milking Slyvanas is not such a bad thing ^^
sylvanas_windrunner_by_tamplierpainter-d4it07b.jpg

[/spolier]

Level 24
So overall how is the new expansion holding ?

I haven`t activated my account yet but I plan on doing it.

Well it's of to a better start then the last three that's for damn sure. I also feel like the stakes are real for actually the first time since WarCraft III so that's pretty good. Although my favourite patch so far is still Timeless Isle, no zone has ever managed to match that one. I remember running around there and for two weeks after the launch the servers constantly crashed due to so many players being active in the same zone. :D The story's pretty good though aside from Illidan whom I've never liked. It's good too seeing as the story has been on an immensive decline ever since Cata.

Then we have the zones which are visually and musically the best we've ever had, Highmountain especially is awesome, reminds me of Grizzly Hills and Val'Sharah of Mount Hyjal.

Level 6
Well it's of to a better start then the last three that's for damn sure. I also feel like the stakes are real for actually the first time since WarCraft III so that's pretty good. Although my favourite patch so far is still Timeless Isle, no zone has ever managed to match that one. I remember running around there and for two weeks after the launch the servers constantly crashed due to so many players being active in the same zone. :D The story's pretty good though aside from Illidan whom I've never liked. It's good too seeing as the story has been on an immensive decline ever since Cata.

Then we have the zones which are visually and musically the best we've ever had, Highmountain especially is awesome, reminds me of Grizzly Hills and Val'Sharah of Mount Hyjal.
Well it seems I`ll thoroughly enjoy the leveling experience. I`m a big fan of lore and immersion.

By the way, are the Alliance and Horde quests mirror quests or are they different ?

To be honest what pisses me off is Sylvanas being WarChief and everyone being a special snowflake and getting access to legendary weaponry.

Cheers mate !

Level 24
Well it seems I`ll thoroughly enjoy the leveling experience. I`m a big fan of lore and immersion.

By the way, are the Alliance and Horde quests mirror quests or are they different ?

Well the faction, as far as I know matters little but the class varies quite a lot, oh and if you're a shadow priest you have a pleasant suprise awaiting you in the Emerald Nightmare raid. ;)

To be honest what pisses me off is Sylvanas being WarChief and everyone being a special snowflake and getting access to legendary weaponry.

Cheers mate !

I think Varok would have been a better choice but what can you do, she's the WarChief.

Level 6
Well the faction, as far as I know matters little but the class varies quite a lot, oh and if you're a shadow priest you have a pleasant suprise awaiting you in the Emerald Nightmare raid. ;)
Pffff...I had the premonition they might to mirror quests for all zones bar Broken Shore.
I have a Troll Shaman ( duh ) :)))) and a Night Elf Warrior.

I think Varok would have been a better choice but what can you do, she's the WarChief.
For me, the lore appeal went down with Thrall removal from Warchiefhood, he was perceived as the Horde hero, him being pushed as a neutral hero was very bitter.

Thrall was, indeed, the only high profile Horde hero who could, in theory, serve as a neutral Hero but my doing that it caused the Horde to lose it`s only very high profile hero.

In Vanilla, TBC and WotLK the Horde were only supporting characters in a world run by neutral heros from the Alliance races fighting against former Alliance members.
I guess that with Cataclysm Blizzard wanted to level the plainfield but it turned out a disaster.

In Vanilla, TBC and WotLK the Horde were some desperate races that clung together. Bar Orgrimmar and a few other Orc settlements the Horde were living in shacks while the Alliance had huge awesome settlements with proper castles and such.
The addition of the Blood Elves in TBC and the Kor`kron, with both awesome new armour and architecture, in WotLK worked in changing the Horde`s image as a bunch of primitives but it went down the hill with Cataclysm and especially MoP.

For me personally it was very bitter, the Horde reconfirmed the bias of bloody brutes bent on conquest and the Alliance reconfirmed the bias of knights in shining armour.

They had the perfect setting with MoP, they could have very well pushed Varian down Garrosh`s path and having the Horde and Alliance rebels siege Stormwind.

It would have been a much needed PR boost to the Horde and some much needed bad PR for the Alliance, confirming that both faction are grey.
This way the Horde`s redemption for what happened in the Second War would have been over but we end up needing the Horde another redemption without finishing the first one.

It`s very sour.

As for who the Horde could have had as a neutral hero, look no further that Etrigg, he could have been a perfect second-in-command to Tirion in the Argent Crusade.

As for a proper neutral faction with majoritary Horde members we could have had the Earthen Ring.

Level 24
Pffff...I had the premonition they might to mirror quests for all zones bar Broken Shore.
I have a Troll Shaman ( duh ) :)))) and a Night Elf Warrior.

Well they're still going to have greatly different experiences on account of them being separate classes and even to some degree so does spec matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.